• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Mysteries of Sahara

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Well shit, guess what I'm doing for the next hour. Tinfoil hat time!

(Mart don't take that last sentence seriously, is joke)

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The Nile Valley tribes had to come from somewhere ;)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I can definitely believe that there used to be lakes, rivers, oceans and a tropical climate where the sahara desert is now. During the many ice ages, there might have even been temperate climates there, akin to those of europe etc.

And as such, I wouldn't find it strange to think there were some civilizations (more than currently accepted) who lived there in ancient times.

But I don't think it's as sensational as some people claim. It definitely wasn't some secret paranormal "origin" of humanity etc etc.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I hold a pretty strong belief that there were many far older civilizations, than what the modern history would lead us to believe.
Fair enough, not me though. In the sense that I do believe that there may be ancient civilizations that have not been discovered yet due to sheer obscurity, but not anything particularly advanced/outstanding/hidden/secret/alien/beyond current understanding.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It could very well be that there already was an advanced civilization of some kind on the face of our planet, that has wiped itself out..

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
It could very well be that there already was an advanced civilization of some kind on the face of our planet, that has wiped itself out..
Nah, that would easily be discovered with modern technology. The difficulty in discovering ancient civilization lies in the fact that they were so primitve. Any advanced ancient civilization would be easily discoverable. That's something that's easily deductible with even a basic understanding of anthropology/palæontology/archaeology + some understanding of modern technology used in those fields.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Nah, that would easily be discovered with modern technology. The difficulty in discovering ancient civilization lies in the fact that they were so primitve. Any advanced ancient civilization would be easily discoverable. That's something that's easily deductible with even a basic understanding of anthropology/palæontology/archaeology + some understanding of modern technology used in those fields.
Just my speculation, but it could have been "advanced" in a different sense to the modern civilization, maybe in some highly spiritual way.. Or they could've simply wiped themselves out (or have been wiped out by something) and barely leave any trace at all.. Just a few different possibilities that keep one wondering.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Just my speculation, but it could have been "advanced" in a different sense to the modern civilization, maybe in some highly spiritual way.. Or they could've simply wiped themselves out (or have been wiped out by something) and barely leave any trace at all.. Just a few different possibilities that keep one wondering.
Spiritually, maybe, I was mainly speaking of technological advancement. But yeah I can't deny with conviction the posibility that there might have been an ancient technologically primitive but spiritually advanced civilization. That could be.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe some alternative form of technology was present, liky crystal batteries, or something similar.. :D
Maybe the ancients had achieved what we have so miserably failed - a completely sustainable way of living, where everything was made out of readily available, natural resources, perhaps even with the help of spiritual beings and thats why it didn't leave much of a trace... who knows now.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe some alternative form of technology was present, liky crystal batteries, or something similar.. :D
Maybe the ancients had achieved what we have so miserably failed - a completely sustainable way of living, where everything was made out of readily available, natural resources, perhaps even with the help of spiritual beings and thats why it didn't leave much of a trace... who knows now.
Hell, who knows but maybe. Why bother do things our way for the same results if you don't have to?

I certainly wonder alot, about what goes past the iceberg tip of current history. We know for a fact that humans were smart enough to invent agriculture as early as 10,000 years ago. Even earlier than that, knew enough to survive cross-continental journeys on a sheet of ice. I seriously doubt people back then were as retarded as the stereotypical caveman.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
"There might have been more advanced people before the cavemen" is one of my speculations. Have you heard of some bird that can't fly and has been only living in a certain island, then has gone extinct due to flooding (I think)? It has gone extinct and naturally re-evolved several times! Makes me wonder if the same thing couldn't have happened to homo sapiens.

ChaosExplorer11

Neophyte
Reaction score
Interesting video and topic. I personally have always believed in the Hollow Earth theory, which states that some parts of earth are hollow and were turned in underground tunnels and cities by beings with higher intelligence than humans (like the reptilian humanoids). And I have also heard that Sahara was at some point in the past a place full of life, plants, water and animals, but due to mass destruction weapons used by alien races that were at war, Sahara was turned to dust and sand. ...And there are a lot of places in different parts of the planet that revealed interesting shapes of deserts and mountains that prove the existence of unusual cataclysms or events in the past(some of them used to be seen on Google Earth, but were later removed from the app) .Some theories also state that Noah's flood happened, because of the arrival of the Moon in Earths's orbit.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
"There might have been more advanced people before the cavemen" is one of my speculations. Have you heard of some bird that can't fly and has been only living in a certain island, then has gone extinct due to flooding (I think)? It has gone extinct and naturally re-evolved several times! Makes me wonder if the same thing couldn't have happened to homo sapiens.
We know just from geological/archaeological records, that humanity was likely brought to the brink of extinction more than once. In this article I'm citing, the population could've even gotten as low as only 600 people capable of reproducing. On the entire planet.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting video and topic. I personally have always believed in the Hollow Earth theory, which states that some parts of earth are hollow and were turned in underground tunnels and cities by beings with higher intelligence than humans (like the reptilian humanoids). And I have also heard that Sahara was at some point in the past a place full of life, plants, water and animals, but due to mass destruction weapons used by alien races that were at war, Sahara was turned to dust and sand. ...And there are a lot of places in different parts of the planet that revealed interesting shapes of deserts and mountains that prove the existence of unusual cataclysms or events in the past(some of them used to be seen on Google Earth, but were later removed from the app) .Some theories also state that Noah's flood happened, because of the arrival of the Moon in Earths's orbit.
That theory's validity depends on how large of an area it claims to be "hollow", as it's not physically possible after a certain point, since the earth would collapse on itself due to gravity. That being said, I don't subscribe to any kind of reptilian pop theories.
The Sahara was most definitely thriving in the past on and off, as new evidence suggests.