• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Journal Nocte Ac Die's Journal of Spirit Communications

A record of a users' progress or achievements in their particular practice.
Reaction score
Awards
I am starting this Journal as a Work Through for Raymond Buckland Book of Spirit Communictions (his big red book with the Heptagram on the cover), over a 17-34 month period in order to complete work through of the book. I am giving myself 1-2 months per chapter to fully absorb and have as close as possible 60 days on exercises every day.

Reaction score
Awards
I am starting this Journal as a Work Through for Raymond Buckland Book of Spirit Communictions (his big red book with the Heptagram on the cover), over a 17-34 month period in order to complete work through of the book. I am giving myself 1-2 months per chapter to fully absorb and have as close as possible 60 days on exercises every day.
Chapter one: Ten pages. Easy to complete in a month, but 30-60 days exercises on:
Trance
Development and enhancement of Chakras
Raising Vibration

Reaction score
Awards
Put together a Van Van oil coated mojo bag and set appropriate oils, items, candles, incense aside only for that. Write it out in full, large print capitals. Consecrate it and use with black, blue and green candles with cinnamon oil and sunflower oil, sunstone, blue and green stones, such as peridote or lapis. Write a check to yourself visualizing it cashed.

Put together compendium of Gods, today finalize Near East region. Africa tomorrow, Thursday Europe, Friday Americas and Australia. Saturday finalize, clean up and publish.

Tear apart Neophyte and Portal and Adeptus Minor rituals, review Chesed and Binah initiations. Do appropriate and related work, even as a Zelator.

Start on Geomancy, in terms of reading and understanding, well enough to do pen and paper casting.

Silence exercise today: Use no personal pronouns.

Will exercise today: Open window, will candle flame straight for ten minutes continual time as the goal. Blow out when finished.

Meditations today: Card of the Day, Flame in the Heart, Point-Line-Cube, Chakra Fruit.

Card of the Day - Thoth Deck: Said with four knocks: Shaddai El Chai:
XXI The Universe. Malkuth to Yesod. Fitting.

Reaction score
Awards
Wrong journal, sorry. Will attempt 20 min each as exercises - trance, chakras, vibration.

Reaction score
Awards
Lesson One is on Mediumship.
It defines Mediumship, from the beginning. It discusses Channeling and Possession, the differences between the three terms.
Mediumship - Being sensitive through vibration to the Spirit World.
Channelling - Going into trance and allowing entities to speak through you.
Possession - A voluntary or involuntary state of being where an entity has entered the person and taken over their mind and body.
It discusses a breathing exercise and vibration and chakras. Will work on the exercises tomorrow, as Id fallen asleeo and pretty much blown out my schedule,

Reaction score
Awards
There is a difference between mediumship, channelling, and possession.
While the other two have their benefits, such as christian prophecy and voodoo initiations, there is a difference and the difference is the given spirit.

Mediumship then is the goal.

Trance:
Let your mind be free of distraction.
Listen to certain music that produces an altered state of consciousness and ride that state until your lost. You can use an anchor or trigger method as well to slip in and out of trance.
Allow your gaze to deepen as if opening a sigil.
Let your mind go.
Keep subtle observation and memory of vision.

Chakra development sits in two methods, mantra/mudra or meditation.

Vibration is a visualization of a radio volume level, raised or lowered as needed.

Reaction score
Awards
Proper Breathing and Meditation .... meh.
Trance can occur in several ways actually:
1. Altered state due to lack of sleep
2. AS due to fasting
3. AS due to music
4. AS due to meditation
5. Via an Anchor/trigger
These are just a few suggestions, but Buckland suggests analyzing sleep patterns, and right before falling asleep, try to maintain and lengthen the time by staying awake, allowing over the course of short time training yourself to stay awake longer. When you are in trance, you will be more in control because of this exercise. Proper breathing and meditation. Hand mudras may help.

Reaction score
Awards
Trance and Vibration and Chakras are covered in various parts of the book. Breathing, is however, fundamental to any occult (or any) practice. To go into trance, we must be able to meditate, we must be relaxed, and we must breathe properly.
I will read the pages outside chapter one to get a better grip on the four basics, and go on from there to Chapter two once an hour of practice of the three basics and breathing correctly is occurring at least twice.

Reaction score
Awards
Trance states/Brainwave states
Beta - Normal, everyday waking consciousness
Alpha - Slower brainwaves, light trance/spacing out
Theta - Deeper trance, still able to channel if this is the goal
Delta - Deep trance state, remember reverse anchor to come out

Vibration is not mentioned in the glossary, but it appears to be related to the aura/bodies of light, objects for psychometry, and vibration consciousness.

The safest altered state of consciousness is a night or two of sleep deprivation. On the third day you should be in an altered state. Sleep to correct course.

Reaction score
Awards
Trance, vibrations and chakra advanced study (in other words find all references to the three words in the text as a whole, and work on any and all exercises. Kuriakos likewise covers some of these, and that is a work through as well.

Reaction score
Awards
Going to cheat a bit, by reading a dual stream…there are sixteen chapters, and this is a work-through where I can take my time. However, Chapter 9 is on trance and includes exercise. Trance, chakras, Clairs, and vibration are covered in later chapters including psychometry as well.
So, chapters 1-2 and 9 today.

Reaction score
Awards
Back to reading, while Iam at it, I might as well add 10 and do the exercises.
So chapters 1,2 and 9,10. Mediumship, Spirit World, Trance, Spirit Senses.

Reaction score
Awards
Yesterday: Enough still-mind and trance exercise attempts. On to chakra meditation I guess.
Today: Back to reading. Chapter 2, 9, and 10. Then a report on each chapter. Was taking notes for chapter one.

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter one notes of interest:
Channelling goes back to Paleolithic times, where they communed with deity, used magick to imitate the hunt.
Channelling is going into trance to allow spirits to talk to or through you.
Mesopotamia, Mediterranean, Europe and Egypt used channelling as part of their rites, magick, and or divination.
1 Cor 12 and 14 have exhortations to use prophecy and other spiritual gifts, including healing and working of miracles.
Here Posession was gone through, and was too point packed to take notes without copying all text.
Here we have a warning on use of channelling and vibration, and goes into exercises on breathing, chakras and vibration.

Chapter Two, The Spirit World.

Reaction score
Awards
Mediumship is not the same thing as possession. There are two types of possession:
Partial possession, where the possessed is still able to function of their free will, and
Complete or Full possession, where the spirit has taken over and must leave or be forced out of the person.
There is usually an agreement to the limits and the time limit of possession, which the spiritism usually agree with and comply.
Mediumship however, is for life, there are no limits, only respect mutually. You will all the time sense, see and hear as a true medium.
Channelling will come easy. But growth is slow and steady - because otherwise, burnout is a very real possibility.

Reaction score
Awards
At the root of all psychic development is good breathing. There is a life-giving property from fresh air, and the fact that simply by breathing fully you contribute to living fully.

Breathing Exercise:
1. Stand before an open window, or out of doors, free from all restrictive clothing. Exhale forcibly, bending the body forward and relaxing the muscles. Then stand up straight and place both hands over the abdomen. Now breathe as deeply as possible against those hands, expanding the abdomen as much as possible without allowing the chest or ribs to expand at all. Again, exhale forcibly.

2. After five or six such breaths, place your hands on either side of your ribs. Now breathe in deeply, pressing out the ribs but without allowing either the abdomen or the upper chest to expand more than a little.

3. After five or six breaths, place your hands on your upper chest, just below the neck, and breathe with this portion of the lungs, without allowing either the ribs or the abdomen to expand.

4. You will find that it is not so easy to control your breathing. After you have mastered it however, you can go on to the next step, the complete breath:

5. Take a number of good, deep breaths, starting with expanding the abdomen, then the ribs, then the upper chest, one after the other in the one breath. Try to control this intake in the three stages, one after the other. Then, as you become more accomplished, merge them one into the next, so that you have something akin to a rolling motion as the breath moves up the body. Breathe in through the nose and out through either the nose or mouth.

From there, continue with establishing a mental image of the breath as you breathe it, in the form of light.See it coming into the body and filling it. As you breathe out, see the breath and the light forcing out all the negativity in dark colors: black, dark browns, green and red. You can imagine the light entering in from wherever it feels most comfortable to you - through the third eye, into the heart, up from the ground through the feet, from above down to the crown, whichever you prefer. Just be consistent and always see it entering in the same place.

For the exit of the negativity, see it being driven out of all the bodily orifices, one after the other, and end with it leaving all the pores of the skin. End with the whole body, every little extremity, completely filled with fresh, vibrant, positive light.

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 9: Trance Work
Why I chose this chapter rather than continuing on with Chapter one - in my opinion, without understanding brainwave states and their effects, it is difficult in beginning trance to not excel due to not knowing the state effects or anchors. Without knowing anchors, it is more difficult to come out of trance.

Reaction score
Awards
Lit Sun incense in honor of it being Sunday

Brainwave States/Levels of Brainwave Activity
There are four different levels of brainwave activity that prescribe altered states of consciousness.
These are designated beta, alpha, theta, and delta. Normal wide-awake consciousness is the Beta state, with brainwaves ranging from 14 to 27 cycles per second. The next level down is the alpha level, and this is chartacterized by brainwaves of 8 to 13 cycles per second. Below this is the theta state at 4 to 8 cycles per second. Delta operates at 0 to 4 cycles per second.

Now back to Chapter one. I had to introduce this so we know what exactly we are referring to.

Reaction score
Awards
Lit Sun incense in honor of it being Sunday

Brainwave States/Levels of Brainwave Activity
There are four different levels of brainwave activity that prescribe altered states of consciousness.
These are designated beta, alpha, theta, and delta. Normal wide-awake consciousness is the Beta state, with brainwaves ranging from 14 to 27 cycles per second. The next level down is the alpha level, and this is chartacterized by brainwaves of 8 to 13 cycles per second. Below this is the theta state at 4 to 8 cycles per second. Delta operates at 0 to 4 cycles per second.

Now back to Chapter one. I had to introduce this so we know what exactly we are referring to.
Since my cat has decided to lie down on my book, I switch now to reading and/or practicing Kuriakos A Complete Course in Magick.