• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Perceiving Etheric Energy, The Aura

chronosmagia

Neophyte
Reaction score
Wanted to start this thread because I didn't see any on this topic, and to clarify this for myself.
What am I supposed to be looking for when trying to see my own aura?
I tried a technique a few nights ago where a guy was saying to look at a space between your hand at arms length, against a white wall and focus on a black dot there,
not straining, just relaxing your gaze, and that you will see what almost looks like fumes from gasoline, visual clear distortion emanating from your hand.
I tried this for a while, it was pretty uncomfortable holding my arm up and my wrist bent. I don't think I quite got visual confirmation of it, but I might've caught glimpses. So then I tried it while sitting down in my office chair with my hand resting face up, on my knee. I was able to relax for longer and I got a much clearer view,
of what looked like white translucent smoke or steam wisping quickly from my hand.
Another time a while ago, when I tried a color aura exercise, I saw between my fingers, an indigo outline. It's what I would describe more accurately as "aliasing" or like a bright scan line.
In short what I'm asking here is if you guys know any good techniques (Black background?) and what exactly I should be looking for (colored outline? fumes? is it the same or different for each person?) So that I can have confirmation what I am seeing is my etheric energy and not my imagination kicking in from staring too long, zoning out/focusing too hard.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
white translucent smoke or steam wisping quickly from my hand
That is the etheric body. The astral and mental bodies are more subtle

I find it useful to imagine stepping/projecting outside my body and looking back at the lightbody

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I remember when I bought a pair of those dicyanin glasses like the ones from the movie 'They Live' and could see a faint Aura around stuff. Kinda helped me to visualize them. Wish I remembered where I put them now.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Try a tan background and use a dimmer light to play with the amount of the light. To see your own aura try pointing your finger at the wall and focusing on the space directly around your finger. Let your vision go blurry.

You should be able to easily see an almost invisible blur glowing around your finger. With practice you'll be able to see it much better and eventually see color.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
When I go to events, I focus on the head as if looking through it, and see a white aura. Another technique using a mirror, would concentrate on your shoulder and pull your gaze back.