• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] Practical Magic

Informative post.
Reaction score
I grew up in a community of magic users in upstate New York and learned about magic both in theory and practice. I'm not talking about writing out a sigil with your intent and burning it. I'm talking about the kind of magic you see in books and movies. The first time I flew was amazing and it's really easy to make (or save) money when you can use magic to replicate anything you've previously seen. Not to mention how cool it is to take a big step and end up on the other side of the world.

Does anyone else have experience with this kind of magic? Is anyone interested in learning? I plan on sharing some specific tutorials later tonight and will elucidate more on their origins and, if there is interest, my origin.

Reaction score
Can you post a link to a video of you flying? What you described sounds close to siddhis, and I'd be interested in having proof of such phenomenon.
Unfortunately I cannot. That's part of why I'm posting here - I have been cut off from magic for reasons that I can't really elaborate on at the moment (needs way more context).

It's not a bad thing per se - it's sort of like walking everywhere after spending your whole life taking a car, but I have reached a point where I need access to it again. So, I have been seeking out like minded individuals to share my notes with and hopefully get some video proof of obvious magic out into the mainstream.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I can fly without drawing blood and I am not cut off. Probably I am even more fun at parties, I have no idea.

@Noth: Yeah the video thing. Never thought of that. I will try it next year, after I moved. Simple ideas are often the best!

Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately I cannot. That's part of why I'm posting here - I have been cut off from magic for reasons that I can't really elaborate on at the moment (needs way more context).

It's not a bad thing per se - it's sort of like walking everywhere after spending your whole life taking a car, but I have reached a point where I need access to it again. So, I have been seeking out like minded individuals to share my notes with and hopefully get some video proof of obvious magic out into the mainstream.
How exactly have you been cutoff from magic?
This typically doesn't happen except through a curse, or dabbling between light and dark magic, or window shopping of religion, or being ultra religious.
I only know of one trick to shut a person down psychically and magickally. But requires their current to make it work. If you haven't threatened the Golden Dawn in any way, this is extremely unlikely.

Reaction score
Awards

The first step will be for you to post proof through video.

Reaction score
How exactly have you been cutoff from magic?
This typically doesn't happen except through a curse, or dabbling between light and dark magic, or window shopping of religion, or being ultra religious.
I only know of one trick to shut a person down psychically and magickally. But requires their current to make it work. If you haven't threatened the Golden Dawn in any way, this is extremely unlikely.
Uhhh define threatened the Golden Dawn.

Reaction score
Awards
I would say the biggest threats would be infighting, refusing instruction, and introducing unwanted entities into their current. Or cursing fellow fraters et sorors (look up beanstalk curse. One of the old higher ups before the breakdown of the Bristol temple, cursed another remember to the point where the target experienced digestion problems. There was a live bean plant growing from the inside). Performing black Magick while a member of the order.

Reaction score
For me there was an incident in the Blazing Star Oasis a couple years ago where I went through with the dumb idea to go with some big ritual and neglected my instincts when daturad. It severely damaged at least two relationships for me but it apparently had to be done for them to give them something they said that they were holding for me. By the way - funny story. When I asked the guy I initially met if my drink was spiked with datura he traced a sigil or something with their fingers and told me that no, it was magic.

Now, I have been daturad many times in my life against my will. I know the effects of it immediately. The laugh I gave this guy - but I tell myself in my head that I'll be fine. I am able to usually resist most of the effects and (at least eventually) remember anything that happens while sunken but this just made me too suggestable this time. I went past what should have been a personal boundary and was lucky enough to have friends in the area willing to swoop in to the rescue.

Reaction score
Awards
I grew up in a community of magic users in upstate New York and learned about magic both in theory and practice. I'm not talking about writing out a sigil with your intent and burning it. I'm talking about the kind of magic you see in books and movies. The first time I flew was amazing and it's really easy to make (or save) money when you can use magic to replicate anything you've previously seen. Not to mention how cool it is to take a big step and end up on the other side of the world.

Does anyone else have experience with this kind of magic? Is anyone interested in learning? I plan on sharing some specific tutorials later tonight and will elucidate more on their origins and, if there is interest, my origin.

No, because it's not real it's make believe and fantasy and it does no one here any favors for this type of nonsense to be posted here as if it were 'Practical Magick'.

Human can't fly.... it's IMPOSSIBLE. There are Physical rules to the World and while some rules can be bent to an extent they can't be outright broken.

I can fly without drawing blood and I am not cut off. Probably I am even more fun at parties, I have no idea.

@Noth: Yeah the video thing. Never thought of that. I will try it next year, after I moved. Simple ideas are often the best!

No you can't with or without blood... Just stop.

Fantastical crap like this is running rampant on here lately and is going to run off people who are actually practicing legitimate Magick.

To anyone new reading:

Please do not believe any of this nonsense if you are new to Magick and most certainly do not go cutting yourself to draw blood for a ritual that's absolutely not going to work anyway.

Reaction score
Awards
Unless you have an understanding on use of blood in ritual, the edgelords need to grow up and gain knowledge on when and why the blood would be required.
I agree. LARPs and fakes, please read instead of posting. I cannot claim why my magic doesn't work, and the reason why im here is to understand why and what to do to get past that so I can live my life I was meant to live. I do not want or need any bullcrap. I've done working magic before in my life, and have never flown.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
> No you can't with or without blood... Just stop

It makes no sense for me to talk at this point. I once took a sceptic with me to show him. He got very angry and wanted to know "the trick". Then he panicked. Shit his trousers there in the woods, not a nice sight.
In short, I lost a friend. Not the first on this line. So no. You are right. You know better. You always do.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
While we are at it, it doesn't feel like flying. It is more like changing the plane or dimension. Once I made a jump with a car in 5 mins we jumped 80 miles ahead. I told my passenger to closely watch the signs so he could check.
And one time we landed on a very new non-existant straight road. We have been back many times later to check. Only forest, no road whatsoever.
And no, I have no idea how that works. Or why.

Reaction score
Awards
It makes no sense for me to talk at this point. I once took a sceptic with me to show him. He got very angry and wanted to know "the trick". Then he panicked. Shit his trousers there in the woods, not a nice sight.
In short, I lost a friend. Not the first on this line. So no. You are right. You know better. You always do.

Not sure if this is addressed directly to me or 'skeptics' in general...

But no I personally am not always right nor do I always know better than others.

But I do operate in the land of reality and I know what types of things are possible and not possible with Magick.

Humans physically flying is not possible in reality.

Can a person fly in the Astral? Yes

Can a person fly in an Aircraft? Yes

Can a person physically hover off the ground and take off flying like Superman? LMAO.... No :ROFLMAO:

While we are at it, it doesn't feel like flying. It is more like changing the plane or dimension.

Because it's not flying. You didn't Fly.... :ROFLMAO:

Once I made a jump with a car in 5 mins we jumped 80 miles ahead. I told my passenger to closely watch the signs so he could check.
And one time we landed on a very new non-existant straight road. We have been back many times later to check. Only forest, no road whatsoever.
And no, I have no idea how that works. Or why.

No you didn't. None of this happened. Just stop it.

LMAO :ROFLMAO:

You sound like somebody in Elementary school telling a TALL Tale to people on the playground.

I've had a strong suspicion for a while that you were playing around on here and boy has it been confirmed with all of this hogwash today.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've had a strong suspicion for a while that you were playing around on here and boy has it been confirmed with all of this hogwash today.

I surely understand why you don't believe anyone has ever been flying. Yet there are strange and unexplicable things you might experience when you're out there in nature doing magic. Nevertheless everyone has to rely on his own experiences, and so do you, that's great!

Öwnchef might be playing around here and there, but humor isn't a sign for falsehood, but for wit. Maybe he has been doing things in his life you never even imagined. ;)