• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Reverse Deja Vu

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Do you recognize this?

From time to time I have these moments where I'm doing something, my mind zones out a bit and suddenly I realize that I saw something I wasn't (exactly) doing at that moment, nor have I done it.
Some time later I'll have a Deja Vu.
It's never anything of importance, always mundane.

Recent example: Saturday I was working on a ring, my mind wanders off and I realize I'm looking at a weird shape on paper. I mark the thought.
Yesterday, someone had asked me to make something with an uncut crystal. I put a sticker on it, to trace the shape so that i can cut it from silver. When i peel off the sticker and see the shape I get the Deja Vu.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I think I kind of get what your talking about, but I don't know if the term "presaging" would fit. Remembering ahead while realizing you haven't done it before???
I honestly think the more one works with magical operations the more one is open to the progressive realization that Time is not what it seems, at least in the phenomenological sense. For a long time I usually associated Deja Vu with my dreams, so I figured it was kind of a "cue" of something important. But when I started getting more active in certain aspects of magic there was a point where what I call "presaging" and Deja Vu got so common to the point of irritation that I was worried something might be wrong. Then I realized it's just part of the game, and maybe even useful. I seem to get "outside of the box" ideas in conjunction with such things.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
the progressive realization that Time is not what it seems
Yes. And I also have these super dumb meaningless memories that for some reason keep popping up. One where I'm in highschool walking down the stairs. My mind keeps bringing it up, along with other ones. I thought and have tried to see if these were points in my life where I could "step back into the moment", but one of them is me falling UP along the side of the building I'm currently working at 😂 (been having that one for decades, randomly).

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
That's interesting because I often think there are subtle layers in the structure of the mind - particularly drawing on memories - that seem to pin a certain significance on things that would seem to be meaningless or absurd but might actually encode some kind of energy? They may arise as sudden obsessions that seem to have no purpose, but really act as a kind of encryption.
When I sit in meditation I often get an annoying flash of a time decades ago when I was working in a hardware store, stocking wire shelving. It's always identical, but emotionally hinges on some kind of "voidness". It seems so pointless, so mundane, yet I can't help but think something in that moment in time connects. The memory I see is just a layer on top of a process of Time? I dunno, maybe in the psychic universe of our neurons they are analogous to wormholes or something. Figure out the wider sequence on multiple strata and you become Nostradamus.

But I have been listening to a long audiobook on the history of Hinduism and Buddhism by an author with a very perceptive and detailed philosophical view of all the aspects of these religions, so my brain is on the edge of mush at the moment.