• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [Seatown_magus] Saint Expedite Ritual

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.
While I do not normally work with the Saints, I have had good results with Saint Expedite, despite that I asked for a number of things at once. Below is the ritual I use for contacting Saint Expedite, which is a slightly modified version of the one found in 'strategic sorcery'.

RITE:

PRAYER TO SAINT EXPEDITE

Saint Expedite,
Noble Roman youth, martyr,
You who quickly brings things to pass,
You who never delays,
I come to you in need --

(State your petition)

Do this for me, Saint Expedite,
And when it is accomplished,
I will as rapidly reply for my part
With an offering to you.

(State your vow or promise)

Be quick, Saint Expedite!
Grant my wish before your candle burns out,
And i will magnify your name.
Amen.

As you say the prayer, light a glass-encased Saint Expedite candle
(the kind with the saint's picture on it) next to a large glass tumbler of
water for the Saint.

* Personal note: after reciting the prayer, I like to visualize the outcome as having been manifested. This is not the traditional practice, but my own personal preference is to the manifestation. In keeping with a more hoodoo-esque line of practice, I also wrote my petition on a slip of paper, anointed the corners with handmade crown of success oil, sprinkled it with fast luck powder, and folded it toward me, then placed it under the candle and surrounded the base of the candles with coins. None of this is strictly necessary, but in my mind, it does add to the concreteness of the work.*

Recite the prayer once a day for as long as the candle burns (usually several days) and when your request is granted, pour the water from the water-glass into the empty glass container that held the candle, and place fresh cut flowers in the candle glass, as if it were a vase. You may also offer a slice of pound cake. Then tell someone how Saint Expedite helped you, to spread his fame.

Please note that 7 day glass jar candles take quite awhile to burn down if you only burn them for a few hours a day. Obviously, do not leave candles unattended and open with whatever standard protections/opening rites your tradition uses and pay attention to any dreams, feelings, or intuitions you receive after completing the rite. This tends to be a bit of a marathon rite, and sincerity of purpose in establishing contact is probably one of the most important aspects that usually gets omitted in books.

Following the rite, fulfill your end of the bargain. Saint Expedite is rumored to like pound cake, praise, and fresh flowers, though the standard offerings of tobacco, liquors, incenses, candy, etc. might suffice.

Results/Praise for Saint Expedite:

I was concerned about finances and following this ritual, quite a lot of money began coming into the household. Now, a little over two months later, our household is more or less financially stable. This has required a lot of hard work (manifestation took the form of new jobs for everyone (in my case, not one job, but 2), plus winning several hundred dollars recently, at time when it was much needed.

bingohandjob

Neophyte
Reaction score
I just did a ritual with ST Ex unfortunately I have had no result - I even made a pound cake which was delicious. Some say only offer the cake IF he comes through - I offered one slice before and both a slice upon completion and public praise. I might repeat the ritual using a seven day candle as you suggest with no offering until completion.