• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Seeking guidance on an out of body experience?

Ratskrt

Visitor
Reaction score
Not entirely sure how to categorize this, but in looking for some advice/clarity as to what (if anything) this was.

To give background, I’ve been pursuing deity work recently, and with that I’ve been attempting to meditate and reach out, not to any particular deity or pantheon, but just in general. My meditation consists of lighting a candle and lying on my back while concentrating on my breathing. I had been messaging a friend prior, and I know they sent their last text about the time I began; as I was lying, I began to see almost what was like a purple light eclipsing my eyes, and it slowly turned to a spinning or flash. I atribuated this to my spinning fan overhead, but as I opened my eyes I felt as if I was completely connected to the floor, my legs felt tingly as if they were being pulled upwards but I remained sedentary, It felt like I was being pulled out of my body from my lower half. I got up after a family member had knocked on my door, it felt very abrupt, I had also checked my phone to see the message and it had been 12 minutes since the last text, but it felt a lot shorter.

Would anyone have thoughts on what this might have been? It just kinda left me confused and in a groggy state since I got up, thanks.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Lying down with controlled breathing is often a good way to astral projection. Control takes work.

Sitting with spine vertical is more conducive to raising consciousness. It takes a lot of work to develop sight at higher levels of consciousness

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hmm, often times as we meditate we see what our mind wants to see...that’s true even when we see spirits, we see them in away we can understand

sooooo what you saw is something you must interpret I suppose

Ratskrt

Visitor
Reaction score
Hmm, often times as we meditate we see what our mind wants to see...that’s true even when we see spirits, we see them in away we can understand

sooooo what you saw is something you must interpret I suppose
Ah okay, thanks for the info

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Not entirely sure how to categorize this, but in looking for some advice/clarity as to what (if anything) this was.

To give background, I’ve been pursuing deity work recently, and with that I’ve been attempting to meditate and reach out, not to any particular deity or pantheon, but just in general. My meditation consists of lighting a candle and lying on my back while concentrating on my breathing. I had been messaging a friend prior, and I know they sent their last text about the time I began; as I was lying, I began to see almost what was like a purple light eclipsing my eyes, and it slowly turned to a spinning or flash. I atribuated this to my spinning fan overhead, but as I opened my eyes I felt as if I was completely connected to the floor, my legs felt tingly as if they were being pulled upwards but I remained sedentary, It felt like I was being pulled out of my body from my lower half. I got up after a family member had knocked on my door, it felt very abrupt, I had also checked my phone to see the message and it had been 12 minutes since the last text, but it felt a lot shorter.

Would anyone have thoughts on what this might have been? It just kinda left me confused and in a groggy state since I got up, thanks.
An experience similar to that, happened to me when I first started to learn how to Astral Project. I had my eyes closed, and all of a sudden, I felt my body get up from the bed. It was like if I was sleep walking, but I was not. I was actually, trying to Astral Project. I felt my arms rising up towards the ceiling. As if I was about to fly. When I opened my eyes, I was in my kitchen at the time, and it was crazy. However, that probably means that you may leave your body soon, if you keep on practicing. I actually, Astral project when The Universe decides to bring me into His/Her world. I don't follow the techniques everybody else does, because what works for someone else may not work for you. Have you ever had Lucid Dreams? I think you should start with those instead of just focusing on the Astral Projection. I think for me is way easier to Lucid Dream first, and while you are Lucid Dreaming you can somehow exit the Lucid Dream into the Astral Realm. I hope that helped you a bit. Many blessing!! my friend!!

Ratskrt

Visitor
Reaction score
An experience similar to that, happened to me when I first started to learn how to Astral Project. I had my eyes closed, and all of a sudden, I felt my body get up from the bed. It was like if I was sleep walking, but I was not. I was actually, trying to Astral Project. I felt my arms rising up towards the ceiling. As if I was about to fly. When I opened my eyes, I was in my kitchen at the time, and it was crazy. However, that probably means that you may leave your body soon, if you keep on practicing. I actually, Astral project when The Universe decides to bring me into His/Her world. I don't follow the techniques everybody else does, because what works for someone else may not work for you. Have you ever had Lucid Dreams? I think you should start with those instead of just focusing on the Astral Projection. I think for me is way easier to Lucid Dream first, and while you are Lucid Dreaming you can somehow exit the Lucid Dream into the Astral Realm. I hope that helped you a bit. Many blessing!! my friend!!
That’s crazy and super cool man, yeah it was just like totally weird like something I had never experienced. I’ll definitely look more into lucid dreaming, I know the counting your fingers technique helps with that, so I’ll attempt it. Again, thanks for sharing, best wishes on your journey!