• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Seeking information on "One of Washington's "Adepts"

two_pillars

Visitor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm brand-brand new here, so forgive me if this isn't the correct forum to ask this in, but it seemed to fit.

I love to explore and go down the rabbit-hole of historic newspaper archives and search certain keywords or topics that I have at the time. Tonight, I was looking up hidden symbols and I stumbled upon this article (
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
).

It's very interesting and is about this Master of Occult Sciences named Edward H. Young, who claims to have ancient and hidden knowledge of the Magi and plans to tell all. The article claims that he is widely-known amongst esoteric communities, but I can't seem to find anything about him when conducting research online.

If anybody has any information about this man, I would love to hear about it! Thanks in advance.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I totally don't, but ill share what popped up while reading the article, maybe it ill help your rabbit.

The man sounds like he just read albert pike and knows hardly anyone has read it.
The clothing reminds me of nineveh sadrach, another occult writer/translator.

These 2 writers use the translations from their own perspective and in that sense they made it. They got a big following, but to be honest i like the original texts better. Which might have to do with the time these men live/d and the fact that im a woman. It makes my view on magickal life and texts quite different.

In the end they talk about bahai, which is an offshoot of islam. What ive noticed over the years is that most men who studied the occult in the 1920ies were part of masonry or at least studied it and most end up with some islamic ties, like old school 33 degree. The man might have studied with or next to a mason.

Im in europe, but maybe more info is found in his hometown, or research his ancestry maybe there are some hints. Brotherhod of man is also the area of blavatski so maybe look in that corner. Its also the area of the land of Mu and other wyrd stories located in the misty timezone of shamballah...