• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Open Request Shorshei Ha-Shemot - Roots of the Names

Someone is looking for a specific book to be shared.

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Is there a pdf of this book anywhere?
Any of these books by Moshe Zacuto are welcome to appear here if someone contributes:

Shorshei Ha-Shemot is considered the most authoritative compilation about Kabbalah Ma'asit (practical Kabbalah), and a standard reference for meditation exercises, spells, amulets, etc. Zacuto collects alphabetically and explains all the holy names, their origin, and their powers. He also gives clear instructions to perform Yechudim (Unions) according to the Lurianic tradition, which he learned directly from the emissaries of Safed who came to Italy. He strives to find every possible use and meaning in every ancient manuscript that he could locate, up to the descriptions of the Angelic Alphabets. The reader will find a remedy for every situation. Sometimes, he will be advised to use a plant, sometimes to recite a specific evocation, and sometimes he will have to write a name on a Kosher parchment, wash it with water, and then drink the water. Every recipe is different.

DaveH

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone having ANY luck finding these books. I have been searching high and low to no avail. If I could drop $500 on each individual book I would but alas I can. Thanks!

Juaness

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi, I met someone on reddit, who has the first 2 volumes in scanned pdf. He is only willing to share by exchange of the same value or money.

and other secrets books of kabbalah maasit

Sajod

Neophyte
Reaction score
I've found this to be in relation,

and this of similar persuasion

Each of these is a translation of Abraham Abulafia's work.
Post automatically merged:

On further note, it looks like you are stuck paying for the book. Would you mind sharing it if you do buy it?

Context: I looked on z-library and used searx to scour the web. No traces led to anything that wasn't shady as heck and/or for profit. I did try.

Oops, an error!
I missed this:
Might be worth it for the small pittance of temporary access to payment information. You can sign up under a fake name with a temporary email, but you would be required to furnish payment information for temporary free access. No word on ease of deletion of this new account, and no word on a download limit once the account is made.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Acolyte
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Please remember:
5.The request must reasonably be able to be fulfilled (don't ask for super rare books that are not digitized and obviously no one has access to them)

Might be worth it for the small pittance of temporary access to payment information. You can sign up under a fake name with a temporary email, but you would be required to furnish payment information for temporary free access.
From the Book Shares rules:
All files must be hosted on external, free, easy to use file hosts.