• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Spiritual replacement for tobacco

WantlerWandlerX

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm like an alcoholic but with tobacco. Currently I'm wrastling with quitting but I already know all about there is to know quitting I just need to do it, this post isn't about that. I wish to build a spiritual career but I notice there's a lot of involvement with tobacco. I can see the angle where it's important but does anyone know of a good incense replacement?

WantlerWandlerX

Neophyte
Reaction score
You get more cozy complacent and induced. I've actually gotten so use to the nerf that the free energy when I attempt to quit stresses me out. Funny enough that goes with the time distortion thread where I have all time/energy in the world but the craving draws me back. Trying again, just put out the last cigar I have.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
humans softened up by tobacco so that adverse entities can control them more easily
Would that have something to do with the fact that the harmful effects of tobacco are known and a smoker then gives the signal that he enjoys / welcomes things that are bad for him?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The sad thing is that pure tobacco, dried, crushed, and smoked in a pipe, isn't even that bad for you. It's just smoke, just like smoking weed... yes it's bad for you, but not nearly as bad as cigarettes.

If you want to quit cigarettes, I strongly suggest vaping. It will take MONTHS for you to figure out what you like, and tune the nicotine content and vaping equipment to get it to feel just right, and it will still take willpower. But it worked for me, and I feel SO much better and I don't even have to give up glorious nicotine.

That, or do the pipe thing, but make sure you get good tobacco, not the shit from supermarkets and gas stations.

As for "spiritual career" I don't know what you mean. I know that weed/hash and psychedelics are used sometimes in occultism, but I don't often hear of tobacco use being essential other than for offerings. Could you elaborate?

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Nicotine often interferes with the flow of Light into the top of the head, thereby reducing the human's connection to The Source of All
Like the difference between smoking weed mixed with tobacco gets you stoned and pure weed gets you high 🤔

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
How do people feel about American Spirits?

I tend to justify my habit by saying it's purely organic tobacco which isn't that bad in comparison to other cigarettes with insane additives.

I may just be clinging on to my addiction though.

Little unrelated but I like to use these cigarettes as offerings to the local spirits. I invite them to sit with me and partake in the tobacco with me. Kinda how I added a ritualistic aspect to smoking.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Like the difference between smoking weed mixed with tobacco gets you stoned and pure weed gets you high
This is interesting. It got me thinking. We live in a state where weed is legal now and there's a ton of dispensaries close to where we live. So we get good, unadulterated weed. I used to like blunt wraps, especially the ones with the large tobacco leaves (tho it killed my chest, because I've never been a smoker outside of weed). I was thinking about this comment, and there surely is a huge difference for me when combining weed and tobacco. Honestly, I don't like it. I feel like the tobacco "muddies" things up. Like if you mixed Grey Goose vodka with Crystal Palace ( :sick: ) vodka.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yes tobacco definitely influences the effect of weed. I used to smoke hand rolled joints with tobacco and whatever weed. Making me turn inward even more.
Then I quit for a couple of years and now have my own homegrown pure no additives weed and smoke it without tobacco pure maybe once a month through a little wooden pipe I made.
Like God intended it 🤣

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
How do people feel about American Spirits?

I tend to justify my habit by saying it's purely organic tobacco which isn't that bad in comparison to other cigarettes with insane additives.

I may just be clinging on to my addiction though.

Little unrelated but I like to use these cigarettes as offerings to the local spirits. I invite them to sit with me and partake in the tobacco with me. Kinda how I added a ritualistic aspect to smoking.
I haven't had the pleasure of trying American Spirits, although I do hope to, one day.

Odin

Neophyte
Reaction score
I went through somewhat of a similar process. I had been smoking weed for awhile and it really helped me connect spiritually, but I quit and feel somewhat lackluster. I used to do offerings of marijuana and cigarettes and still continue to, just without joining in. I wanted something as a replacement since after quitting weed and having given up cigarettes years ago. I just really like smoking, it's a fun and comforting thing for me. I recently bought some herbal smoking mix and it's actually fairly good. It's a mix of mullein, lemon balm, sage, sweet mint, and calendula. So there's definitely some spiritual correlation there too.

WantlerWandlerX

Neophyte
Reaction score
As for "spiritual career" I don't know what you mean. I know that weed/hash and psychedelics are used sometimes in occultism, but I don't often hear of tobacco use being essential other than for offerings. Could you elaborate?

Native Americans used/use it. I know that's a generic response but I've read about it being a spiritual plant, how it teaches willpower which makes sense. It does alter the state of mind like getting off track. Looking at the sky but seeing yourself imagining the sky as you're looking at the sky, I believe tobacco helps with that. It's just I was hopelessly addicted to it. I think you mentioned psychedelic's and weed I believed those would be non-addictive alts to that process. Tobacco seems to do that "mental spacing" only a tinier amount than other substances.

For the spiritual career you said it yourself, offerings, I'm cut off from that unless I can handle burning it in incense burner or sprinkling it across the earth. I've quit for only a week so I'll wait for quite a while before doing that. Now that I think about it the Shamanic experimentation is already done because I've already ingested the plant copiously.

I've tried vaping in the past and it gives that good feels but it I feel like that would be slippery slope for me rn. I tried nicotine gum which is really obnoxious, you have to spit a lot, but it does reduce craving. It ended up being cold turkey that did it because I saw the stuff giving me wrinkles and my vanity is stronger than my cravings as it turns out. The secret sauce is the willingness to let go of the satiation that it brings.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have a totally different view on the addictiveness of tabacco. I come from the experience that it isnt addictive. In its natural form its a healing agent. The tabacco industry made it into a guilt trip and THAT is what makes it addictive. Im not saying the additives are healthy though, cause they are not, like so many things we consume even the things we are told to be healthy.
When your mind can let go of these tought notions of what is right and wrong to put into our bodies, letting go of them becomes more personal and therefor more easy.

If you really want a replacement for tabacco, id say try chocolate for softening or any other GUILTY pleasure you like. Its in essence the same trip.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I have a totally different view on the addictiveness of tabacco. I come from the experience that it isnt addictive. In its natural form its a healing agent. The tabacco industry made it into a guilt trip and THAT is what makes it addictive. Im not saying the additives are healthy though, cause they are not, like so many things we consume even the things we are told to be healthy.
When your mind can let go of these tought notions of what is right and wrong to put into our bodies, letting go of them becomes more personal and therefor more easy.

If you really want a replacement for tabacco, id say try chocolate for softening or any other GUILTY pleasure you like. Its in essence the same trip.
Super agree.

WantlerWandlerX

Neophyte
Reaction score

If you think about it my writing indicates that my behavior was the problem and not the plant. It was an excuse to compartmentalize away from duties. If I were to replace that with chocolate but them I make myself ultra fat because all I want to do is eat chocolate, wait you said that damn. My relationship with food has gotten better as I quit because I'd make myself sick with smoke and eating a lot helped. It's just not overdoing things or it turns into a beast.