• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Stagnation on a chosen path

Reaction score
Awards
What is the best way to approach your craft, or adopting an additional path, when you feel you are stagnating?
Example: Hermetic Ceremonial Magic vs Chaos Magick? Slug it through even if it takes a lifetime? Or switch up paths?
Books I've worked with:
The Golden Dawn/works of Regardie
O.A.A. (Koetting), made it to third flame in work put in.
Demons of Magick
Celtic Magic
Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
You should read the Isis-Apophis-Osiris formula. Rebirth doesn't come before death. Breakthrough doesn't come before stagnation.

Point being, is persistence.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What is the best way to approach your craft, or adopting an additional path, when you feel you are stagnating?
Example: Hermetic Ceremonial Magic vs Chaos Magick? Slug it through even if it takes a lifetime? Or switch up paths?
Books I've worked with:
Demons of Magick
Celtic Magic
Is it really stagnation because it seems you jump around so much you do not really appreciate the beauty and detail one experiences when you devote yourself to one path and start slowly and work through it thoroughly.

In your case with your interest in Celtic magic being supreme, why not stick to it, and only it for atleast one alchemical month before deciding the switch to another?

Reaction score
Awards
Good call, maybe it is just the earth element doing what it does .. until issues are corrected.
So, Earth Magic it is then for me. What I mean by this is from books such as modern magic, the golden dawn, Wicca Elemental spells, and various other books such as Elemental Magic as a theme of the book, my thought is to immerse myself in everything Earth.
In other words, I will fully immerse myself into Earth while I'm in the earth grade while simultaneously working with all elements, this would be the way to slug it through and not stagnate.

Last edited:

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Good call, maybe it is just the earth element doing what it does .. until issues are corrected.
So, Earth Magic it is then for me. What I mean by this is from books such as modern magic, the golden dawn, Wicca Elemental spells, and various other books such as Elemental Magic as a theme of the book, my thought is to immerse myself in everything Earth.
In other words, I will fully immerse myself into Earth while I'm in the earth grade while simultaneously working with all elements, this would be the way to slug it through and not stagnate.
Great idea, I am personally also working through the earth element. It will provide stability to your Magick and your psyche.

no one

Neophyte
Reaction score
Books I've worked with:
Demons of Magick
Celtic Magic

Do what works for you. If you are jumping around I don't think it means you are stagnating it just means that's how you learn. Pick up what you can get from whatever you are into at the time and don't worry about compleating anything. I think there is no one better true way of doing similar stuff in different forms, it's you that is doing it . Thats my 2 cents worth and if you want 1 3/4 cents change back I will send you a check in the mail.

Reaction score
I don't recommend changing paths and)or systems just because you are in a rut or results are slow going. Often times, and this is human nature, we get frustrated not seeing the fruits of our labours not seeing the vine that has been growing. Too often we simply give up when we are in the threshold of a break through.

We wonder from path to path, never truly experiencing any... any people wonder why after twenty years they are no more advanced than a teenybopper witch picking up their first Lewellyn book on elemental magic.

Its a common tale but true, a sad tale. How does one expect to grow, to build themselves into a competent practitioner organically when every time they start to get get, they give up on it becoming so innate as muscle memory?

Don't get me wrong if a system doesn't work for you it just doesn't work for you. If you don't believe it or can't at least suspend disbelief in a system you probably won't be able to move it to life. Maybe it just isn't intuitive enough to you for you to make it work. This is not to say that the universe has any obligation to make sense to you, or that as you will it it shall change its laws for you...No, but just the same we all have different learning styles and inferences that make analogies work or not work for us.

-and maybe we really like a path and admire it so but it's just not meant for us. That happens sometimes.

-but we should not quite prematurely. Problem is, most of the time you absolutely will. That's one reason it's important to have a teacher or at least a second pair of eyes. They can see your growth even if you do not, especially if they having gone through it and have seen many others go through it, are trained to see the often missed signs of progress.

Stick to something, regardless of what it is. If it is the GD system, go through the outer order before quiting or at least get to 2=9 on the middle pillar. Don't stop on either the left or right pillar. If it is Wicca go through the whole year and a day before deciding weather to continue. That's what that period is there for.

Scabs dint heal if you pick them. Paint doesn't dry faster if you watch it but it is drying. Your roast never gets cooked if you keep taking it out of the oven every five seconds. You have to have faith in the process.

Don't think either about what path you should be. Learn where you are at and let the growth happen.

Reaction score
Awards
You should read the Isis-Apophis-Osiris formula. Rebirth doesn't come before death. Breakthrough doesn't come before stagnation.

Point being, is persistence.
You're referring to the Analysis of the Keyword, or the Neophyte Lecture on the two pillars?
I get the points everyone has made.

Reaction score
You're referring to the Analysis of the Keyword, or the Neophyte Lecture on the two pillars?
I get the points everyone has made.

Analysis of the keyword is I.N.R.I
Isis-Apophis-Osirus is the IAO formula
Both are linked the the L.V.X. formula.

I.N.R.I is Jesus and the work of the cross.
I.A.O is the resurrection of eternal life conquering Apophis/entropy/death.
L.V.X. is the light of the cross as the spirit descends, and the letters thereof are the crossroads where the light shineth in the darkness.

YHVH is God as providential creation, EHYH the higher face or first divine host. The Logos came therefrom and in the stations thereof is YHVH. The the spirit of the Crown Shem/Shin descended into the world YHVH and bought forth YHShVH Jesus.

IAO is the retroactive keyword of the Egyptian mysteries as well as a name of an archon.
YHVH is the lost word and name of God as pertains to the old testament. But:
Ehieh is the true name of the countenance that came to Moses.
I.N.R.I is the keyboard for those who would follow Jesus as personal saviour.
YHShVH is the keyword for those who understand the nature of his work and the fulfillment of the law.

Reaction score
It may have been in error. We shall see.
Having it explained is one thing, but do you understand it on the level of gnosis? That is a different matter entirely. I had considered it was too much too soon, but alas I saw you there all over the place and lost.

Reaction score
Awards
It made complete sense to me actually. I follow both the Inner and Outer Order initiations...not in a lodge sense, not formally but side reading you might say thanks to Mr Waite and Regardie.
Futile as self initiation may be, if you have a certain humble enlightenment, you have the right education, you connect the dots, and you might make the grade.
Pride vs Humility, Resistance vs Self.
Post automatically merged:

Could it also be that as a Scorpio Ascendant, that in Earth you are in some practical and metaphysical quicksand to fight your way out of using mind, emotion, and act.

Analysis of the keyword is I.N.R.I
Isis-Apophis-Osirus is the IAO formula
Both are linked the the L.V.X. formula.

I.N.R.I is Jesus and the work of the cross.
I.A.O is the resurrection of eternal life conquering Apophis/entropy/death.
L.V.X. is the light of the cross as the spirit descends, and the letters thereof are the crossroads where the light shineth in the darkness.

YHVH is God as providential creation, EHYH the higher face or first divine host. The Logos came therefrom and in the stations thereof is YHVH. The the spirit of the Crown Shem/Shin descended into the world YHVH and bought forth YHShVH Jesus.

IAO is the retroactive keyword of the Egyptian mysteries as well as a name of an archon.
YHVH is the lost word and name of God as pertains to the old testament. But:
Ehieh is the true name of the countenance that came to Moses.
I.N.R.I is the keyboard for those who would follow Jesus as personal saviour.
YHShVH is the keyword for those who understand the nature of his work and the fulfillment of the law.
This is fantastic meditation material, thank you much.

By the way, I don't say it often enough to most (non trolls) that reply to my posts. I sincerely thank each and every one of you, even if it means I am put in my place and have to eat crow. No offense to crows, just a saying.

It may have been in error. We shall see.
Having it explained is one thing, but do you understand it on the level of gnosis? That is a different matter entirely. I had considered it was too much too soon, but alas I saw you there all over the place and lost.
Thank you THW.

Last edited: