• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Talk about your favorite dishes!

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
They say America’s whole idea of pizza is a huge bastardization of the original from Italy, but I feel like we’ve also kinda taken it and made it into its own good thing.
That's what the US always does, and I'm not mad about it. Take what you like from other cultures and make it into something you want it to be. They're not forcing Italy to make US style pizza. Why shouldn't people be able to make versions of already existing foods that they prefer over the original.

Like honestly, I hate authentic italian pizza. It's so basic, tasteless and boring. "But but simple good simple mean quality ingredients and you can taste the technique" no you bitch all I taste is sour bread and sour cheese and sour fucking tomato paste. Fuck italian pizza. US pizza is better.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Awards
Like honestly, I hate authentic italian pizza. It's so basic, tasteless and boring. "But but simple good simple mean quality ingredients and you can taste the technique" no you bitch all I taste is sour bread and sour cheese and sour fucking tomato paste. Fuck italian pizza. US pizza is better.
I’ve never had Italian-style pizza before, so I’ll just have to take your word for it. 🤣

I can understand the sentiment of thinking somebody’s fucked up your cuisine, though, because sometimes things can be taken and made objectively worse. Northerners fuck southern food up all the time, simply by failing to understand that health has nothing to do with it. The point is flavor. When a recipe calls for butter, the answer will always be moar. Same for salt, sugar, bacon, carbs or anything else that the health-conscious would shy away from. If you skimp on the flavor components and add nothing else of value, it’s just gonna be the kinda tasteless shit they’d give you in a nursing home.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Awards
So it's not necessarily a dish per se, but something I've grown fond of doing lately, since we got this big tin of those Danish butter cookies. Take a cookie, get a can of cupcake icing, and spray all that good shit onto the cookie. It has become my new favorite midnight snack.