• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] The increase of evil in the world

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
(Not an attack on the LHP or Black Magicians, just an opinion based on experience of self and others)

Is due primarily to people opening the gates to the Qlippoth and public praise to demons. A black magician I knew explained that when these are done, it allows them a bridge (forget the exit words used) to this world and dimension. This creates "spillover" (increase in evil).

So, perhaps some gates might be able to be closed, shut and locked from the outside via White Magick?
Not trying to create a battle between LHP and RHP, but there should always be limits and balance.

Or, evoke angels often/invoke angels often, or godnames invoked daily. Or, perhaps RHP could give public praise to their deities on these forums ASAP. Daily. Climb the Tree of Life and create spillover.

Myself included.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It’s the same as it’s always been IMO...rulers use to slaughter their people and they still do

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I was raised with the explanations given from scripture that humanity has been living in the "last days" (Matthew 24; Revelation 12) of the wicked world system alienated from God due to original sin. I was taught that the Great War in Heaven spoken of in Revelation 12 resulted in "woe for the Earth," and that Satan's "short period of time" began in 1914 with the first World War.

The Devil offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world in exchange for one act of worship. I was taught that the rulers of mankind have been under Satan's control ever since the sin of Adam. Therefore, it was actually in Satan's power to tempt Jesus to switch sides at that time. However, before the final battle on the Earth there would be "Great Tribulation such as has not occurred before, nor will occur again."

Of course, I left the religion of my youth due to the blatant self agrandisement of the "Governing Body" in many of their books and magazines (almost every prophesy somehow pointed to them, these 'spirit-anointed' men in charge of JWs), their literalist interpretations of everything in the Bible, their love of real estate holdings and free labor from the membership, their use of lawyers to avoid financial losses in lawsuits, and reports of corruption within the leadership.

From my rationalist side, I'm aware that civilizations follow patterns of growth and collapse. Many, many books have been written by scholars and scientists from various disciplines examining how we got where we are today, and the likely future course of events from the effects of pollution, resource depletion, population overshoot, etc. A couple books I've read are Jared Diamond's Collapse and Derrick Jensen's Endgame. We are simply fortunate to live at a unique time in the existence of our species on this planet. Even by purely natural means and lifespans, billions of people will die in this century. Nothing like that level of death for humankind has ever happened before, and it's a function of cause and effect on a grand scale. But it's a mere blip, a moment here and gone, in the life of the Earth itself.

All the spirits have their functions, and there are definite imbalances happening at present. I'll end with a quote from The Magical Knowledge Trilogy by Josephine McCarthy:

"We limit ourselves by our need to contain power and make it do what we want it to. Our imaginations and ability to look at the longer-range prospect of an action is so limited that we cannot possibly mediate the full flow of power and contain it. We end up in a losing battle with nature and the forces that flow all around us. And when those forces do things we do not like and we cannot control, we label them as evil. Such behaviour is a pattern within humanity that rears its head from the smallest issue to the biggest project.

[...]

"A good example of this is the tale of Lilith. This power, which is a hive consciousness, is the force of storms/the wind in the desert, which often brings death to the weak. This power, identified in some desert cultures as female, and in others as male, also began to be connected in near eastern myths with parasitical powers that induced sexual dreams in god fearing Jewish men (it was her, they cry, I didn’t do anything...yeah right). Often such ‘evil winds’ or destructive storms do have beings that flow with them, that are parasitical in nature, but they are the ‘hangers on’ not the power of the storm itself (like the ticks on the back of a ferocious dog).

"Back to Lilith. So the power of the destructive storms, or the winds that blow in disease and death, became feared, reviled, and ‘amulets a many’ were created to keep her/them/it at bay. But no-one ever stops to ask what true function this destructive power has in our world.

"The power of the storms is about keeping the land healthy, and the tides of death are nature’s way of taking out the very old and very young. It is a tough, but natural way the land keeps populations of various species in check. So instead of battling the storms with magic, how about learning to live with them in a healthy way? How about learning about their power and working with them in service–or at least how to get out of their way without trying to attack them head on? By doing so, the magician learns to tune into the power, and will even feel it coming: he will feel its intention, its path, and its force, and will be able to act accordingly. Should he work with it? Hunker down? Become invisible to it?

"Such a magical connection with the land and power was adeptly displayed by the Adaman Island’s aboriginal Indians, who live on a string of islands in the Indian Ocean. When a tsunami hit, they were already safely tucked away at the top of the hills. They moved hours before the giant wave hit. They were in tune with the land and talked to the sea. They knew the earthquake was coming and they knew the sea was coming, so they got out of the way."

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I was raised with the explanations given from scripture that humanity has been living in the "last days" (Matthew 24; Revelation 12) of the wicked world system alienated from God due to original sin. I was taught that the Great War in Heaven spoken of in Revelation 12 resulted in "woe for the Earth," and that Satan's "short period of time" began in 1914 with the first World War.

The Devil offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world in exchange for one act of worship. I was taught that the rulers of mankind have been under Satan's control ever since the sin of Adam. Therefore, it was actually in Satan's power to tempt Jesus to switch sides at that time. However, before the final battle on the Earth there would be "Great Tribulation such as has not occurred before, nor will occur again."

Of course, I left the religion of my youth due to the blatant self agrandisement of the "Governing Body" in many of their books and magazines (almost every prophesy somehow pointed to them, these 'spirit-anointed' men in charge of JWs), their literalist interpretations of everything in the Bible, their love of real estate holdings and free labor from the membership, their use of lawyers to avoid financial losses in lawsuits, and reports of corruption within the leadership.

From my rationalist side, I'm aware that civilizations follow patterns of growth and collapse. Many, many books have been written by scholars and scientists from various disciplines examining how we got where we are today, and the likely future course of events from the effects of pollution, resource depletion, population overshoot, etc. A couple books I've read are Jared Diamond's Collapse and Derrick Jensen's Endgame. We are simply fortunate to live at a unique time in the existence of our species on this planet. Even by purely natural means and lifespans, billions of people will die in this century. Nothing like that level of death for humankind has ever happened before, and it's a function of cause and effect on a grand scale. But it's a mere blip, a moment here and gone, in the life of the Earth itself.

All the spirits have their functions, and there are definite imbalances happening at present. I'll end with a quote from The Magical Knowledge Trilogy by Josephine McCarthy:

"We limit ourselves by our need to contain power and make it do what we want it to. Our imaginations and ability to look at the longer-range prospect of an action is so limited that we cannot possibly mediate the full flow of power and contain it. We end up in a losing battle with nature and the forces that flow all around us. And when those forces do things we do not like and we cannot control, we label them as evil. Such behaviour is a pattern within humanity that rears its head from the smallest issue to the biggest project.

[...]

"A good example of this is the tale of Lilith. This power, which is a hive consciousness, is the force of storms/the wind in the desert, which often brings death to the weak. This power, identified in some desert cultures as female, and in others as male, also began to be connected in near eastern myths with parasitical powers that induced sexual dreams in god fearing Jewish men (it was her, they cry, I didn’t do anything...yeah right). Often such ‘evil winds’ or destructive storms do have beings that flow with them, that are parasitical in nature, but they are the ‘hangers on’ not the power of the storm itself (like the ticks on the back of a ferocious dog).

"Back to Lilith. So the power of the destructive storms, or the winds that blow in disease and death, became feared, reviled, and ‘amulets a many’ were created to keep her/them/it at bay. But no-one ever stops to ask what true function this destructive power has in our world.

"The power of the storms is about keeping the land healthy, and the tides of death are nature’s way of taking out the very old and very young. It is a tough, but natural way the land keeps populations of various species in check. So instead of battling the storms with magic, how about learning to live with them in a healthy way? How about learning about their power and working with them in service–or at least how to get out of their way without trying to attack them head on? By doing so, the magician learns to tune into the power, and will even feel it coming: he will feel its intention, its path, and its force, and will be able to act accordingly. Should he work with it? Hunker down? Become invisible to it?

"Such a magical connection with the land and power was adeptly displayed by the Adaman Island’s aboriginal Indians, who live on a string of islands in the Indian Ocean. When a tsunami hit, they were already safely tucked away at the top of the hills. They moved hours before the giant wave hit. They were in tune with the land and talked to the sea. They knew the earthquake was coming and they knew the sea was coming, so they got out of the way."
Interesting, I’ve heard things like Covid, hurricanes, Title waves, etc can be the Earth defending itself. In the Garden man was suppose to take care of the earth, but many evangelical loonies today seem to think global warming, pollution, disease is all fine, wars etc.

As is squeezing out people that society allows to wallow in poverty. The second coming won’t come like people expect IMO...God or Jesus isn’t gonna pop out of the sky and just fix everything

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
When you see things like chaos, decay and death as evil then evil definitely is the stronger force.
Everything that is will eventually die and life always loses the fight in the end. Therefore (in my opinion) it is better or "nobler" to care for things that exist than seeking ways to destroy them. Because inevitably everything will be destroyed sooner or later, and helping that along is the easy thing to do.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
In the Garden man was suppose to take care of the earth, but many evangelical loonies today seem to think global warming, pollution, disease is all fine, wars etc.
Then those would be punishments sent by God. I don't watch tv or go to church so I don't know about these evangelical loonies you say, but I haven't heard about religious people being fine with pollution and war to be honest

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Then those would be punishments sent by God. I don't watch tv or go to church so I don't know about these evangelical loonies you say, but I haven't heard about religious people being fine with pollution and war to be honest
I have, they say there’s no such thing as global warming etc

Reaction score
Awards
When you see things like chaos, decay and death as evil then evil definitely is the stronger force.
Everything that is will eventually die and life always loses the fight in the end. Therefore (in my opinion) it is better or "nobler" to care for things that exist than seeking ways to destroy them. Because inevitably everything will be destroyed sooner or later, and helping that along is the easy thing to do.
Okay. Fair consideration on caring for all. Then a question is, how do we help demons to transform themselves, to be less evil and redeemed? Is it even possible? It's written that after the second coming. Man will judge the angels. Some demons hope to return to grace after a thousand or so years.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Okay. Fair consideration on caring for all. Then a question is, how do we help demons to transform themselves, to be less evil and redeemed? Is it even possible? It's written that after the second coming. Man will judge the angels. Some demons hope to return to grace after a thousand or so years.
Most demons are not evil...they’re just another race who dwell on earth or inner earth and at times feed in humans, these can be harmful spirits

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
There is no increase in evil. It's always been there. We're just noticing more, partially because we have the Internet where every disgusting comment can be seen by the entire world in milliseconds. That is a relatively new phenomenon.

People didn't become evil overnight. They were that way for a long time, and the change in our society is making them feel like there are no repercussions to being right out in the open. We're literally living in a world where assholes think feeding baby a is more important than baby b. There's no mystical excuse for this. People have made the conscious decision to be evil. I'm not blaming any demons, devils or gods for evil human decisions. This type of thinking infuriates me because it attempts to absolve the human making the evil decision. Fuck that. Evil people are evil because they ultimately choose to be that way (whether that's from trauma, or just because they're bad people, it varies).

Also, why do you think demons are evil? It feels like most of you are getting caught up in Christian interpretations. Therefore demons are evil and angels are good. That is so far from the truth (and these entities don't worship or listen to the Christian God in the first place).

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
feel like there are no repercussions
Exactly. I don't consider myself super Christian or Catholic but in a way I think the uprise of atheism largely is responsible for what you said. If people fear that they will be judged once their time is done here they'd probably reconsider their actions.
So I agree with what you say but I know that we see it in another light.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Most demons are not evil...they’re just another race who dwell on earth or inner earth and at times feed in humans, these can be harmful spirits
There is a dr though who wrote a book...Dr Shakuntala Modi claims to have possessed patients who have demons in them, she calls on God and angels to cause them to be elevated

IMO she is dealing with Dybbuk or wandering souls, Rabbi Yehuda Fatiya had similar cases, people came to him with naked souls in them And he would work to cleanse them so they could ascend

Reaction score
Awards
True, it is ethnocentric to say that demons are demons and evil and whatnot. However, I am nondenominational bordering on Catholicism or Greek Orthodox. From my standpoint in anthropology, it could be viewed as intolerant or ethnocentric. There is a lot I dont know. You are right, we all have to account for our actions, words and thoughts on earth in my belief. I have a lot to answer to.

Reaction score
Awards
I guess I've never considered a veil between evil unseen and evil seen dropped before. Good point.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
True, it is ethnocentric to say that demons are demons and evil and whatnot. However, I am nondenominational bordering on Catholicism or Greek Orthodox. From my standpoint in anthropology, it could be viewed as intolerant or ethnocentric. There is a lot I dont know. You are right, we all have to account for our actions, words and thoughts on earth in my belief. I have a lot to answer to.
The higher spirits can control or effect our thoughts but a human has “free will” whatever that really is. The stars also affect us

look up the story in the book of Daniel, where the king is driven insane and he becomes like a wild animal, these angels are called Watchers. This was taught by Rabbi Ariel Bar Tzadok

Reaction score
Awards
The Talmud has mentioned the ability of Ha-Shem to override the forms and forces of celestial bodies.
Will re-read Daniel, and the Book of Enoch, the Watchers, the Giants.
I do find it fascinating that in The Book of Jasher, it is nearly identical to Job, replacing Abraham with Job.
I find the Testament of Solomon to be popular, based on a discussion with my boss on it yesterday.
I find that the Great Work may actually be going out and performing the Will of God by any and all means possible.
I had a discussion with this guy, not only African American but Muslim as well, but not to Nation of Islam or fringe groups. The essential meaning of a Muslim is a person who has consciously decided to submit their being and life to the will of God (Allah/Al). I found this fascinating and a wakeup call after years of ignorance by social conditioning, including religious intolerance. It seemed to be related to a spirit of legalism/religious spirit/spiritual pride (Leviathan)/pride.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The human concept of good and evil mostly comes from the ancient gods that required obedience from their humans. It is not relevant to Reality

The cosmic outbreath (to separation) and inbreath (to unity) need to be adjusted/tuned for each situation. Deliberate imbalance may be called evil

Even then I am reminded of Mao Zedong, who, when asked if he thought the French Revolution was a success, replied: It is too early to tell

Similarly with good and evil.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting, I’ve heard things like Covid, hurricanes, Title waves, etc can be the Earth defending itself. In the Garden man was suppose to take care of the earth, but many evangelical loonies today seem to think global warming, pollution, disease is all fine, wars etc.

As is squeezing out people that society allows to wallow in poverty. The second coming won’t come like people expect IMO...God or Jesus isn’t gonna pop out of the sky and just fix everything
Exactly. If anything, this is just another decades-long episode of humanity writing checks their ass couldn't cash. Actions have consequences, everything goes in cycles. Things will probably get much worse before they get better at this point, though it's gonna really suck ass for all the innocent people affected.

All most of us can do, sadly, is have a plan to cover our own asses, stay sane and then help whoever we can. I've been looking at growing more food for myself and the family, especially as shit gets so expensive at the store. Been starting to keep stuff like camp stoves, candles and battery packs on hand for the blackouts that are already happening. Maintaining your wards is always good as well. Though the way local politics are going scares the fuck outta me right now, which makes for one more incentive to move at some point soon.