• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Lords Prayer, for protection.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'll start this off by saying I am a polytheist who recognizes the abrahamic God as our creator. (What a contradiction right?)

I have felt great power in chanting psalm 23 when I am in the presence of something dangerous, or a spirit I don't want to interact with. This prayer has even helped calm me down during fits of anxiety. I think we underestimate the power of the Bible at times, but if you're ever feeling bad or unsafe, try saying this prayer as many times as possible. Saying it like a chant has been overwhelming at times.

I tend to pick and choose my truths out of the Bible and other religious teachings, and trust that I am on the right path. Even if you have nothing going on, try chanting this prayer 3 times and just be open to the energy from God.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The Kabbalah assigns certain powers to each Psalm, or the Tehilim as they call them.
I think a lot of treasures can be found in the book of Psalms. With Gematria and Acronyms, Anagrams etc there's much to discover.

DaveH

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Check of Jacobus swarts The Book of Magical Psalms volume 1. It has a very in depth exploration of the the Psalms from a kabblist point of view.