• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Seven Planetary Degrees or Fraters of the Seven Planets [MSS] + Masonic rituals [MSS] The twelve zodiacal degrees by Frater F. G. Irwin

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
In this thread I will be posting a scanned manuscript that was translated and adapted by F. G. Irwin, a British Major, and Freemason, from a collection of texts/manuscripts he found in the Library of Arsenal in Paris, c. 1892. A big thank you to @Mart who personally visited the Library in the Museum of Freemasonry at the United Grand Lodge of England (The Freemasons' Hall), where he scanned this manuscript by hand.

This text is extremely rare, and can barely be found referenced online, let alone the full copy either in scanned or digitized forms. It would be a great addition to the Library/Archive of WF if only...

... it could be read... :ROFLMAO: no joke, both Mart and I have spent hours trying to read just sentences... words... If you thought doctors' handwritings were bad, let this manuscript expand your horizons...

I will soon be opening another thread for a united community effort to transcribe this text/digitize it.

Edit: Note that Mart has informed me that this scan contains 2 seperate manuscripts. Book 1 is The Seven Planetary Degrees or Fraters of the Seven Planets and Book 2 is Masonic rituals: The twelve zodiacal degrees.

Edit 2: Here are the download links to a .zip of the images for each book.

The Seven Planetary Degrees
Download:
Code:
Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!
Archive Password:
Code:

Masonic rituals: The twelve zodiacal degrees
Download:
Code:
Archive Password:
Code:

Last edited:

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Book 1 (The Seven Planetary Degrees or Fraters of the Seven Planets [manuscript] / translated & adapted from the French by Frater F. G. Irwin from M.S.S. in Library of Arsenal at Paris. c. 1892) – Pages 1 - 10

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg

Last edited:

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Book 2 (Masonic rituals [manuscript] : the twelve zodiacal degrees/ translated and adapted from the French by Brother F.G. Irwin. - 1892) – Pages 1 - 10
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg

Last edited:

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Book 2 – Pages 11 - 20
011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg018.jpg
019-jpg.60

020.jpg

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 50

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Book 2 – Pages 31 - 40
031.jpg032.jpg033.jpg
034-jpg.75
035.jpg036.jpg037.jpg038.jpg039.jpg040.jpg

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 33

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Fin~

Feel free to discuss the manuscript in this thread. There will be a further thread created soon, for the purposes of decyphering and translating it.

Mart

Chaos Alchemist
Archivist
Awards
Thanks so much @SkullTraill for helping me with the upload of this specimen! I was having a little trouble myself, as I know you did as well. :D
Perhaps there really is something to it, like a seal.. I have a sneaky suspicion that it might be written in griffonage for content obfuscation purposes.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Awards
This is really cool and I'd love to help transcribe it, but most of the images aren't loading in the forum thread (too slow/too much data). Is there somewhere I can grab an archive of all the pages? I can think of a few ways that might speed the transcription along as long as I can grab the pages.

Mart

Chaos Alchemist
Archivist
Awards
This is really cool and I'd love to help transcribe it, but most of the images aren't loading in the forum thread (too slow/too much data). Is there somewhere I can grab an archive of all the pages? I can think of a few ways that might speed the transcription along as long as I can grab the pages.
Refresh the thread and let them reload. If you want, PM me your email and I will send you a WeTransfer link with the images.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Yeah, this page is extremely resource-heavy due to all of the hotlinked/embedded images. Reloading the page helps, also you can right-click on any non-loading image and open the image in a new tab. That will also guarantee that it loads properly.

However, I've also attached the links to the main thread, where you can download the zip files of the images and access them locally.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Awards
I'd like to do that. I'm in the middle of a big move (house wise), so I'm not going to have much free time until after July 15th. I'll check in when I can and pick up whatever hasn't already been done.

Mart

Chaos Alchemist
Archivist
Awards
I like the enthusiasm that's growing around here, appreciate everyone taking interest. At the moment I think the most reasonable approach would be taking one page at a time per person, since cuneiform looks easier to make out than this scribble..