• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Seven Planetary Degrees or Fraters of the Seven Planets [MSS] + Masonic rituals [MSS] The twelve zodiacal degrees by Frater F. G. Irwin

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Awards
I have Fromthepage setup and the scans imported into 2 projects. I'm gonna have Skull create an account first before allowing others in.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Awards
Also, while I appreciate the fact that there is a free, community version, damn them for doing this in Ruby. The amount of hoops to jump through just to get the infrastructure installed correctly is insane. I can only assume those that use Ruby are sadists.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Awards
I'm kinda thinking I need to delete both projects and edit all the images to split them into separate files (instead of 2 pages per image).

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Also, while I appreciate the fact that there is a free, community version, damn them for doing this in Ruby. The amount of hoops to jump through just to get the infrastructure installed correctly is insane. I can only assume those that use Ruby are sadists.
I told you man. Exactly why I was hesitant with this tech stack.

But fuck it, if we can get it working for these 2 manuscripts at least, I can try set up a better/more custom solution for the long run.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Awards
I have gone through The Seven Planetary Degrees images and split each page into its own file and created a project on FromThePage. I have a little bit more work to do before making the site public, but if anyone wants to help transcribe, send me a message and I'll send you the URL so you can create an account.

I still have to split the other manuscript into 1 page per file. It's a tedious process.

When you're viewing a page for transcribing, if you hover you mouse over the page image, there are some tool icons that pop up at the top of the image. Stuff like brightness, contrast, zoom, etc.

Awards
Agree. More eyes on one page at a time could speed the process up exponentially for you.
I will try to find the link to the project and start looking at it.
Besides work, my journaling and mundane crap, I have free time in the morning to review a page and try to transcribe. Laughed at the cuneiaform comment as well.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Agree. More eyes on one page at a time could speed the process up exponentially for you.
I will try to find the link to the project and start looking at it.
Besides work, my journaling and mundane crap, I have free time in the morning to review a page and try to transcribe. Laughed at the cuneiaform comment as well.
Here's the transcription thread: Collaborative Transcription