• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

To appear in someone's dream

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
@SkullTraill : this may be the wrong section..

In the Greek Magical Papyri there are a lot of spells concerning dreams. One that interests me is this one.

PGM VII 407 – 10

“If you wish to appear to someone at night in dreams, say to the lamp that is in daily use, say frequently:

CHEIAMOPSEI
ERPEBOTH
Let her (/ him) NN, whom NN bore, see me in her dreams,
immediately, immediately, quickly, quickly”
(and add the usual, whatever you wish)

Notes:

I always try to see if I can figure out a meaning of Words of Power, because I share the opinion of Trachtenberg, who writes in Jewish Magic and Superstition:
"...the incantations of the Middle Ages are replete with startlingly outlandish words that look and sound as though they had been filched from the vocabulary of a stuttering visitor from some distant planet. "But magic is in its purpose a scientific exercise, and we must suppose that in general something intelligible was once expressed by the now unintelligible term. Much of the later nonsense was the survival of phrases of the lost tongue in which the charms had their rise."

I "reconstructed" the Words in this Spell with the assumption that they might come from Sumerian.

KI (Earth / Toward / With)

AMA (Mother / Chamber / Women's quarters)

PU (Mouth / Orchard / Well / Source of a river / Pit)

SE (Dwell / Live)

ERE (Go)

PAE (Appear)

BAD (Open / Wall)

KIAMAPUSE

EREPAEBAD

To Dwell Within the Orchard of the Woman

To Go and Appear behind the Wall

Don't get hung up on the term “woman” here. Consider this to be taken as “the one receiving” or “the one who is entered”, because you are “penetrating” her/his dreams.

So my version would then be:

Light a candle
Place the picture of your target against the candle
Focus on it whilst you keep repeating

KIAMAPUSE

EREPAEBAD

Then lay down and visualize her (/him) and engage with her.

Have fun with this ;)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I am not sure about Sumerian, but Sanskrit words are supposed to generate energy fields that can be directly experienced at first stage enlightenment. Thus the Sanskrit word for salt generates sense experiences of salt.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
@SkullTraill : this may be the wrong section..

In the Greek Magical Papyri there are a lot of spells concerning dreams. One that interests me is this one.

PGM VII 407 – 10

“If you wish to appear to someone at night in dreams, say to the lamp that is in daily use, say frequently:

CHEIAMOPSEI
ERPEBOTH
Let her (/ him) NN, whom NN bore, see me in her dreams,
(and add the usual, whatever you wish)

Notes:

I always try to see if I can figure out a meaning of Words of Power, because I share the opinion of Trachtenberg, who writes in Jewish Magic and Superstition:
"...the incantations of the Middle Ages are replete with startlingly outlandish words that look and sound as though they had been filched from the vocabulary of a stuttering visitor from some distant planet. "But magic is in its purpose a scientific exercise, and we must suppose that in general something intelligible was once expressed by the now unintelligible term. Much of the later nonsense was the survival of phrases of the lost tongue in which the charms had their rise."

I "reconstructed" the Words in this Spell with the assumption that they might come from Sumerian.

KI (Earth / Toward / With)

AMA (Mother / Chamber / Women's quarters)

PU (Mouth / Orchard / Well / Source of a river / Pit)

SE (Dwell / Live)

ERE (Go)

PAE (Appear)

BAD (Open / Wall)

KIAMAPUSE

EREPAEBAD

To Dwell Within the Orchard of the Woman

To Go and Appear behind the Wall

Don't get hung up on the term “woman” here. Consider this to be taken as “the one receiving” or “the one who is entered”, because you are “penetrating” her/his dreams.

So my version would then be:

Light a candle
Place the picture of your target against the candle
Focus on it whilst you keep repeating

KIAMAPUSE

EREPAEBAD

Then lay down and visualize her (/him) and engage with her.

Have fun with this ;)

This is something very new and interesting to me. It is something that I would have to try. Thank you my friend.

chronosmagia

Neophyte
Reaction score
This is exactly what I've been looking for.
Need some clarification, what is NN? Nickname?

"Let her (/ him) NN, whom NN bore, see me in her dreams,

Whom NN bore?..
I guess I could say this line at the end to close things off after repeating the words of power.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I came across NN earlier today, and in the context it made sense as a variable symbol. In this case it stands in for the name of the subject of the spell. We’re just used to seeing x as common in all our modern algebraic equations.