• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What made you realize that magick works?

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Share your moments that made you believe in magick!

As always when asking, I'll share first.

I used sigil magick years ago to protect my shitmobile and keep it running. I drew it with my finger into the ash (am smoker) and would focus on charging it every day.

My car should have broken down because it needed 5000 dollars in repair, but instead it lasted all up till I could eventually get a new car.

I also prayed to Raphael whenever I noticed my car driving weird, I had him help me charge the sigil. Car ran for easily a year and a half before I was financially ready to replace it.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
That .. is a great idea! I also have a shitmobile. I’m gonna sigil the F outta it this week.

I think I posted about this already, but many years ago we were driving home and some people at a house a few doors down shot out the back window of the car while we were driving. Now, I think it was a BB gun, but anything that puts Jaide in dangers REALLY pisses me off. I went in the house and did a ritual of my own creation and really channeled all that anger and not long after everyone in that house was gone (jail or evicted). Coincidence? Maybe, but it seemed like the ritual we did worked. I think that was the first time it really hit me.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
That .. is a great idea! I also have a shitmobile. I’m gonna sigil the F outta it this week.

I think I posted about this already, but many years ago we were driving home and some people at a house a few doors down shot out the back window of the car while we were driving. Now, I think it was a BB gun, but anything that puts Jaide in dangers REALLY pisses me off. I went in the house and did a ritual of my own creation and really channeled all that anger and not long after everyone in that house was gone (jail or evicted). Coincidence? Maybe, but it seemed like the ritual we did worked. I think that was the first time it really hit me.
One thing I've come to learn is that there are no coincidences. Coincidences tend to me magickal in nature.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I experienced many things that came true in readings

Later I learned as humans we have free will and we can change the future.

Also I've had many spells yield results

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly, I don't know if there was ever a point I didn't have some degree of belief, since I was still a literal child when I started practicing. But if I had to pick a point where it really hit me, that this shit was serious and could leave major consequences, (both good and bad) it would have to be the results of my first full-on ritual.

I was still more at the witchcraft end of things at the time, literally just a 13-year-old fucking around with some "Magick 101" library books. Then one of my older siblings got knocked up. The thing about this particular sister, is she was....just not a good person. She was almost a textbook sociopath. Stealing, lying, cheating, manipulating and exploiting others at every given opportunity. She even did these things to us. There was no limit to who she'd screw over, if it meant she could gain something from it. Terrible fucking person, and the absolute last individual anyone would even want near a baby. Or a toddler, or a child. So, with good intentions and a very naive "people can change" attitude, I designed my first fully thought out ritual. I had done a lot of small stuff up till that point, but nothing with a plan in mind.

Since she had been talking like she was going to keep the baby, the spell had one main objective: That this kid would turn out alright, and my sister would not be a bad mother to it. At the time, I had imagined this being a sort of situation where she'd change her ways, and turn into a good person that would raise the kid in a healthy manner. And that her and her boyfriend would make a wonderful family. Or, y'know, she'd at least just give the kid up for adoption or something.

So y'know what fucking happened? What was, in fact, the result of this big spell, you may ask? Almost immediately after, my sister had a miscarriage. A fucking miscarriage.

At first, I thought the spell just failed, plain and simple. It wasn't till I flipped through what I wrote years later, that it occurred to me.....the primary goal was still achieved. The kid was not, in fact, raised badly. Because it wasn't raised at all...it didn't have a chance to be. They say spells like to take the path of least resistance, and I left one hell of an easy path open for it.

In other words......I just might have killed my sister's kid. I tried to help the bitch turn a new leaf, and instead I performed an abortion via magic. Because apparently the latter was easier to pull off.

Let this be a lesson to all of you: Know EXACTLY what you want, BEFORE you go for it! 😅

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
If I'm being honest, nothing yet.

I've had a lot of weird experiences but with the kind of person I am I need something more concrete.

I believe magic exists due to those experiences, but I just haven't done anything that I would consider "working magic" yet.

I'm not really the "believer" type, its exactly why I never got caught up in religion.

I'm a harsh skeptic and my threshold/standards for what would make me consider something indisputably the result of magic, will probably differ from most.

RULES:

1. The feat has to be observable in the physical world (I can see it in front of my face, with my own two eyes, while awake and not in any "induced state"). I don't trust "astral visions" or "astral projection", it can just as easily be your imagination. I've had very realistic lucid dreams of me looking down at my body in my room, I do not trust those experiences as "evidence" of magic.

2. The feat has to be instantaneous (I made something very specific happen with intent, at the very moment of evocation/focus). This is very important for establishing that it was the result of intent. Something can always happen a week or so after and then you'll tell yourself - "it must have been what I did", but you don't really know that.

3. The feat is repeatable (I was able to repeat the feat with the same level of scrutiny, at least 3 times). This takes out the whole "it was luck or random chance" factor. It leaves no room for doubt.

4. The feat is inexplicable through "natural phenomenon" and is indisputably the result of my intent. Where "nothing is left to chance" and it can't be explained by "coincidence", or "luck", or anything like that (I can't explain it away under any circumstances, the feat is outside the laws of the physical world).

Bonus: Capture it on camera (not necessary, but it does help to eliminate the possibility of self delusion).

However little or big the feat is, it must meet these 4 criteria for me to completely accept that it really happened.

Example 1:
If I could launch a tiny pebble as a projectile at a nearby target (wall), through some magical means, at least 3 times, and it could not be explained through natural phenomenon (I didn't throw it by hand or something like that), that would be my "magic works" moment.

Example 2:
If I could heat up a sheet of paper up to the point that it catches fire, through some magical means, at least 3 times, and it could not be explained through natural phenomenon (no use of an accelerant, friction and/or external heat like sun light), that would be my "magic works" moment.

Until I can accomplish such a feat, magic will only be "theoretical" to me.

I don't like the idea of leaving things to chance and "just believing". As humans were always at the mercy of both our body and our mind, and your mind can play tricks on you.

If you want to believe in something badly enough you'll convince yourself it's real regardless of any evidence.

This is why "methodologies" that take human error out of the equation are necessary.

The "Placebo Effect" is a good example of this. This phenomenon is the sole reason why Pharmaceutical companies spend a lot of money doing trial tests of their drugs in which they test it on a "Placebo Group".

dragonmagus

Neophyte
Reaction score
I used to be Christian. People were stealing money from me left and right. One day I just said there has to be a better stronger way than prayer, I'm trying magick. magick practice is in my bloodline, I saw the success that my relatives had but always resisted because of religion. But I had had enough. I called on NITIKA AND in 3 days, a lot of money owed to me was repaid. Boom, I was in and have been using magick ever since

thehornedone

Neophyte
Reaction score
After months of asking spirits to appear to me and commune with me clearly, Dantalion showed up in my room after I woke up from a vivid dream He sent to me. With open eyes I blinked over and over but His image hung transposed unlike any drug induced hallucination I have ever had and it was coherent with description I had read of Him i.e. electric blue aura and leaving through the ceiling.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Pathworking - I've always been in love with creative writing, poetry and telling stories... But when I started doing some of the exercises in Highways of the mind it was life altering.

Vivid experiences richly detailed worlds and hours of engagement in a few moments of meditation.

I knew these were forces far beyond my imagination.

519mt-RNxo-YL.jpg

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
After months of asking spirits to appear to me and commune with me clearly, Dantalion showed up in my room after I woke up from a vivid dream He sent to me. With open eyes I blinked over and over but His image hung transposed unlike any drug induced hallucination I have ever had and it was coherent with description I had read of Him i.e. electric blue aura and leaving through the ceiling.
A fellow wanderer of the Astral realm 🧙‍♂️

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Pathworking - I've always been in love with creative writing, poetry and telling stories... But when I started doing some of the exercises in Highways of the mind it was life altering.

Vivid experiences richly detailed worlds and hours of engagement in a few moments of meditation.

I knew these were forces far beyond my imagination.

519mt-RNxo-YL.jpg
That looks like an awesome book, off to buy me the kindle version :)