• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Any list of mercurial spirits?

Koldo

Neophyte
Reaction score
I have been thinking about creating either a talisman I can put on my journal, or a sigil, so that I will be more inspired when writing. If possible I want it to aldo help me have ideas related to magick. Looking for any clues I recently came upon several posts in this forum regarding bibliomancy, so my idea was to do something similar to what I did with the spirit Nitika, but with a Mercurial spirit and appropriate day and hour (on a Wednesday, orange color, etc...)

The issue is I have so far failed at looking for a list of non demonic spirits that are mercurial that i can bind like nitika to my journal for that purpose, other than Mercury or Hermes himself. I do not wish to involve demons.

Is there any sort of list or archive of spirits somewhere I could consult for whenever I want to do something like this, be it mercurial or otherwise? That way I could select one to try and bind him to the journal,and use the archive for any future operations.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Among the Olympic spirits, Ophiel is associated with Mercury. You can find information on the web by searching for "Ophiel Mercury" (without the quotes).

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
For Mercury.... Tirial (Teer-ee-EL) is the Intelligence under Raphael and Taphthartharath (taf-thar-thar-AHTH) is the Spirit under Tirial.

You would want to approach in a progression...

Godname = Atziluth, Angel = Briah, Intelligence = Yetzirah, Spirit = Assiah

Azbugeh (Godname of Mercury) Raphael (Angel of Mercury) Tirial (Intelligence) Taphthartharath (Spirit)

I don't believe you can 'Bind' anyone of these to an object absolutely...

But your could approach as if you are making a Talisman of sorts with the Journal by infusing it will all of these energies and so that it's an operation and object that fires on all cylinders across all Four Kabbalistic Worlds.

Koldo

Neophyte
Reaction score
For Mercury.... Tirial (Teer-ee-EL) is the Intelligence under Raphael and Taphthartharath (taf-thar-thar-AHTH) is the Spirit under Tirial.

You would want to approach in a progression...

Godname = Atziluth, Angel = Briah, Intelligence = Yetzirah, Spirit = Assiah

Azbugeh (Godname of Mercury) Raphael (Angel of Mercury) Tirial (Intelligence) Taphthartharath (Spirit)

I don't believe you can 'Bind' anyone of these to an object absolutely...

But your could approach as if you are making a Talisman of sorts with the Journal by infusing it will all of these energies and so that it's an operation and object that fires on all cylinders across all Four Kabbalistic Worlds.
That's actually really useful information, thank you! With that info I believe I already know how to go around doing the actual journal.

So I think I will approach it like this:
-I will color orange a piece of paper om both sides.
-On one side of it I will draw the sigils of Raphael, Tirial and Taphthartharath.
-The alchemical symbol of mercury, along with other symbolysm such as the table/square/kamea of mercury will be drawn as well wherever I think there might be space.
-On the opposite side I will write the order/incantation itself, something along the lines of "In the name of Raphael, I order you Tirial and Taphthartharath, to give the book this is located in and the one who writes in it inspiration on what to write, as well as inspiration and learning of magick"
. Might have to polish that phrasing, but the meaning will be the same.
-Will do this on a wednesday, maybe even tomorrow, preferably during the hour of mercury if I can manage to have a bit of time then.
-Once finished I will glue or sew the talisman into the journal, and might also draw the symbols of mercury in the journal itself, in the first and last pages for instance, for extra effect.

I think that should do it with regards to this one job. Using specific materials such as metals, incense and such seems like too much work for something so minimal.

I still have one question though: where do you guys usually find the names of these spirits? That way I don't have to come here and ask everytime I need to do some minor spell or talisman.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
That's actually really useful information, thank you! With that info I believe I already know how to go around doing the actual journal.

So I think I will approach it like this:
-I will color orange a piece of paper om both sides.
-On one side of it I will draw the sigils of Raphael, Tirial and Taphthartharath.
-The alchemical symbol of mercury, along with other symbolysm such as the table/square/kamea of mercury will be drawn as well wherever I think there might be space.
-On the opposite side I will write the order/incantation itself, something along the lines of "In the name of Raphael, I order you Tirial and Taphthartharath, to give the book this is located in and the one who writes in it inspiration on what to write, as well as inspiration and learning of magick"
. Might have to polish that phrasing, but the meaning will be the same.
-Will do this on a wednesday, maybe even tomorrow, preferably during the hour of mercury if I can manage to have a bit of time then.
-Once finished I will glue or sew the talisman into the journal, and might also draw the symbols of mercury in the journal itself, in the first and last pages for instance, for extra effect.

I think that should do it with regards to this one job. Using specific materials such as metals, incense and such seems like too much work for something so minimal.

I still have one question though: where do you guys usually find the names of these spirits? That way I don't have to come here and ask everytime I need to do some minor spell or talisman.

You usually have to piece it together from a Book of Tables/Correspondences like Cowley's 777, Skinner's Magician's Tables, Godwin's Cabalistic Encyclopedia. Agrippa's Three Books etc etc.

But one of the easier to navigate books for Planetary works specifically is Planetary Magick by Denning and Philips.

It has probably everything you are looking for wrt what Gods, Goddess, Spirits etc from different pantheons correlate to which Planet and which Deities are equivalent to each other from different cultures.

Koldo

Neophyte
Reaction score
You usually have to piece it together from a Book of Tables/Correspondences like Cowley's 777, Skinner's Magician's Tables, Godwin's Cabalistic Encyclopedia. Agrippa's Three Books etc etc.

But one of the easier to navigate books for Planetary works specifically is Planetary Magick by Denning and Philips.

It has probably everything you are looking for wrt what Gods, Goddess, Spirits etc from different pantheons correlate to which Planet and which Deities are equivalent to each other from different cultures.
Perfect, will definitely check that book! It will simplify matters immensely in the future. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

So, quick update for this thread. I just finished the talisman. Wednesday, 8th, hour of mercury where i'm at. I used the name of Tiriel and Taphthartharath on the sides along with the alchemical symbol of mercury, painted the paper orange and cut it into an hexagon. On one side I wrote all that I said before on the sides, then on the center I used the seal of mercury. On the opposite side, I wrote as well the name of Tiriel and Taphthartharath, then wrote in the center "I command thee Taphthartharat, in the name of Raphael and Hermes, to bring me inspiration through the power of Tiriel when writing in the journal this talisman is at". I then repeated those words aloud. Since it's late here I will check tomorrow how it worked, whenever I have the time, and update if I actually feel more inspired/I write more interesting stuff.
Post automatically merged:

Last update on here: I think it works, I have gone from barely being able to write a few paragraphs in old journals to writing 2 or 3 pages at least every day since. I also came up with some sort of roadmap of learning magick, and I'm even thinking of making a new talisman in the future. Damn, I think the quality of the writing itself and the handwriting is better even.

So thank you again guys for all your advice, this is a great community. :)

Last edited: