• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

spreading my essence

Ithir

Neophyte
Reaction score
ok so, i’ve personally being focusing for a long while of my practice about concentrating my very essence inside small objects, for a series of practical reasons which you might understand on your own, but i was wondering if anyone of y’all had an idea about how to actually “spread” it in all the matter which surround me in a (more or less) vast area, and if this is even possible or just completely out of reach

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
We may need to clarify terms here, but on the basis of what I think you're asking...

A perspective common to most Western magical systems is that any object with which you have a relationship will absorb your energy to an extent. For example, a childhood toy will have absorbed (probably quite a lot of) your energy and that can be accessed by playing with it again. Larger objects, like, say, a house, also absorb the energy of the people living there, whether that's intended or not. Jewellery is another common example. By and large, you don't have to work at this, it just happens by its having a role in your psyche and by its being in your presence (or vice versa).

If you want to place intense concentrations of your energy (what I think you mean by essence) in an item, then you have to live from your essence. What I mean is that you have to be in a psychological place where you are acting from your deepest sense of You. In the early stages, this will probably only happen in short bursts of clarity but, bit by bit, it becomes your disposition. While you are in one of those "bursts" have an item that you can link to it. It can be anything (even something intangible like a song) but it should be something that is set apart and not used for any other purpose. When you think the moment has passed, take it off/pack it away/don't think about it. When you have a very strong connection to an object, it can act as a vessel for your presence even when you're not there physically. The "cursed" item is a major theme in most of the world's cultures.

Romolo

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I have been extending my “field of self-remembering clocks“ by leaving branches in specific patterns at street corners, also certain stones or even ribbons tied to traffic signs. It is a way to “leak into the world”, to leave out small landmarks to wake up from automatic mode. I think if you want to spread essence, you better go for nodes to bundle or focus your energy. It sounds like an interesting experiment to see how far you can get, geographically speaking.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think I see what you're doing with the objects here. I've done kind of the opposite in times past, trying to access the innards of, say, stones or other objects.

I'm not really clear, though. Why do you want to do this, put your essence in other things? To extend your influence for some specific purpose(s)? You have what strikes me an interesting practice here, I'm just asking what you want to do with it.

Ithir

Neophyte
Reaction score
I think I see what you're doing with the objects here. I've done kind of the opposite in times past, trying to access the innards of, say, stones or other objects.

I'm not really clear, though. Why do you want to do this, put your essence in other things? To extend your influence for some specific purpose(s)? You have what strikes me an interesting practice here, I'm just asking what you want to do with it.
actually the answer might bore you: it’s almost merely academical.
on the practical side, putting my essence in an object might someway preserve me as a whole, having a “back up” pool of myself stored somewhere.
kinda contrarily “spreading” my essence might both conserve me and ensure a “wider fall area”, i wouldn’t exactly know how to describe it but it would feel somewhat safer maybe? also much harder to undo.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
on the practical side, putting my essence in an object might someway preserve me as a whole, having a “back up” pool of myself stored somewhere.
kinda contrarily “spreading” my essence might both conserve me and ensure a “wider fall area”, i wouldn’t exactly know how to describe it but it would feel somewhat safer maybe? also much harder to undo.
Actually that's not at all boring. It makes sense, especially if it works.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
A really big area like a whole neighbourhood may be impossible to do but a large floorspace, e.g. a disused factory... have you ever thought of using a material base like water blessed be you and then aspersing it in the four corners of that space, thereby consecrating it? Performing such an operation purely in your head is a tall order, I'd say, that's why I suggest a physical medium for your essence.

Ithir

Neophyte
Reaction score
t
A really big area like a whole neighbourhood may be impossible to do but a large floorspace, e.g. a disused factory... have you ever thought of using a material base like water blessed be you and then aspersing it in the four corners of that space, thereby consecrating it? Performing such an operation purely in your head is a tall order, I'd say, that's why I suggest a physical medium for your essence.
that sounds like a really good idea i think, it’d help something which otherwise would be completely “metaphysical”.
Post automatically merged:

Oh no I don't like where this is going at all.
isn’t that a little too much of a cliché? 😭

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
that sounds like a really good idea i think, it’d help something which otherwise would be completely “metaphysical”.
Another idea would be smudging, burning some incense that is essentially 'you'. Smells tend to linger... another consideration of course would be the nature of the space in question - you could try in on the aforesaid factory floor but not in the Lincolm Memorial, for example.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
i was on the sidelines for this one since the
tittle is just so stunningly gay
but isn't there a few rituals that deal with
like chakras starting from the feet and end up
...spraying? erupting? releasing essence from the hea...from the top?
i could have sworn i read something like that at least 2-3 times
and then it showers downwards and makes like the aura/shell of the caster?
or am i tripping hard again

Ithir

Neophyte
Reaction score
i
i- i am actually not sure about how i should get the first part… but i’ll investigate more about this

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
That is the circulation of the body of light, as given in Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig, it is to be done after / as a part of the Middle Pillar.

But your wording though 😜

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
That is the circulation of the body of light
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanksss

the pressure was building up. i knew that i knew that from somewhere
but not where it came from i was this close to go digging through ALL the
notes just to look for it.

i am actually not sure about how i should get the first part
hey don't make me the weirdo you typed the heresy

also you're welcome the mental gymnastics it took to get that
rite for your perverted needs is probably more effort than i put in school lmao

Ithir

Neophyte
Reaction score
i just typed a short description of what i needed hm, but i assume nobody here would be too concerned about sodomy considering the general quality of our topics lmfao

That is the circulation of the body of light, as given in Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig, it is to be done after / as a part of the Middle Pillar.
also i’ll definitely go check on this, thanks

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Some years back I did something like that. I made a word carving with an ouroboros cross-arm and incised with bindrunes. (I had lately been to the battlefield at Mohacs, Hungary and was charmed by its weird grave-markers.) The purpose was the same, more or less, as what you're talking about here.
Post automatically merged:

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanksss

the pressure was building up. i knew that i knew that from somewhere
but not where it came from i was this close to go digging through ALL the
notes just to look for it.

also you're welcome the mental gymnastics it took to get that
rite for your perverted needs is probably more effort than i put in school lmao
What's perverted in his statement of needs? Sure one can be witty and give words here a twist, but that has nothing to do with OP's program. Or is this forum time-travelling back to junior high school locker room?

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
My brother in CCCP
i put you on ignore days ago
why do you keep trying to beef with me in multiple places
and not see you are being ignored lol
and even then you take the L

it was funny, let it go.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My brother in CCCP
i put you on ignore days ago
why do you keep trying to beef with me in multiple places
and not see you are being ignored lol
and even then you take the L

it was funny, let it go.
Maybe I'm performing for the forum. Think of your words as the wormy but still needful plank stickin' out over the old swimming hole into which I make my dives.

After all, I can still see your words and give them a public response. If you want to fly the white feather, so be it.