• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Times when Magick has gone wrong.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I don't invoke for material things and this is why.

Have I had Magick go horribly wrong before? Yes. When I first started doing the LBRP, in 2015, I began having a lot of dissociation and syncronicities. I had a dreamlike memory where I ran into my elementary school psychologist, he came up to me, recognized me, came up to say hi, I remember feeling anger (I never feel emotions in dreams) things went blank and I remember telling him "If you were really sorry then you would kill yourself." He then committed suicide around the time when I had the dreamlike memory occur. I then quit practicing Magick for a few years until I could better handle myself.

Shortly either after or before that I have another memory where I connected with a state of consciousness where I could see how an event would lead to a reaction months if not years, I wrote this message which I don't remember writing, I saved it and kept it all these years.

"No external god, teacher, doctor, angel, magician, therapist, mentor, or friend can heal me, for the healing work can only be done by me. I can't wait for life to come and cure me of my problems, suffering and defects, a miracle isn't going to be granted by an angel, for the only one who's capable of my own healing is the god that resides inside my mind, body, spirit and soul. That god is me."

The only thing I invoke for is to better know and understand myself. I think it works.

Can someone explain what the fuck happened the first time I practiced Magick?
Post automatically merged:

About this, I did ask Lucifer to let me know what happened exactly so I could. "take responsibility for my actions" and he kept on telling me to let it go and said "Forgive yourself for the part you played, but give those who you believe you harmed the advocacy of their own choice"

I just may have killed someone with Magick and I don't even know if I did. I should at the least take responsibility and know for sure so something like that doesn't occur again.

Last edited:

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Once when I was fairly early in my practice, I did a tarot reading for a coworker that said he'd lose a family member in the near future. 2 weeks later he came to me and told me his aunt died. Ever since then he avoided me because he was afraid that I'd say or do something that would cause misfortune to him.

It was a 'gone wrong' situation because my coworkers all started getting weird about it, thinking I'd curse them or something if they pissed me off.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
It was a 'gone wrong' situation because my coworkers all started getting weird about it, thinking I'd curse them or something if they pissed me off.
I've worked at a couple of places where that would be an advantage.

For me, the biggest 'gone wrong' I ever did was magic to get rid of David Cameron as Prime Minister, because ofc, he declared the Brexit referendum, lost it, and then resigned so he didn't have to deal with the aftermath. Magic: successful. Consequences: horrible.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I did a honey-jar spell to try and get the TV show I was working on renewed for a second season. I knew the exact individual at the network who had decision-making power, and he worked in the same studio, so I had access to materia, full name, image etc. I thought I was being very clever with my laser-targeted spell. (Honey-jar = sweetening someone's disposition towards you / your production team).

We didn't get renewed, and I later found out that he had started avoiding all meetings with our exec producer. The exec producer is a charismatic, persuasive guy, and he was like "I knew if I could just talk him through the context of our timeslot, market positioning etc, I could prove we were a good bet. But he wouldn't get in a room with me. Kept sending random secretaries." My theory is that the spell worked, and he could feel himself getting sympathetic to us as people, and so he deliberately avoided a face-to-face meeting so he could make cold hard decisions without worrying about feeling bad.

Or the show would have got axed anyway, this year was frankly a bloodbath in terms of shows getting cancelled, so who knows. But I would have been better with a less clever, much more general and basic spell, and let the magic decide whether it was that guy's opinion that needed sweetening or something else. I'd say "lesson learned" but technically I already knew that it's better not to be too specific. Lesson re-learned?

Reaction score
Awards
When I tried to curse the company CEOs and management chain behind the labor force, using my name tags behind the two companies as a sympathetic link.
When I accidentally evoked the fae for protection and had a sewage disaster after that.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Have I had Magick go horribly wrong before? Yes. When I first started doing the LBRP, in 2015, I began having a lot of dissociation and syncronicities. I had a dreamlike memory where I ran into my elementary school psychologist, he came up to me, recognized me, came up to say hi, I remember feeling anger (I never feel emotions in dreams) things went blank and I remember telling him "If you were really sorry then you would kill yourself." He then committed suicide around the time when I had the dreamlike memory occur. I then quit practicing Magick for a few years until I could better handle myself.

Shortly either after or before that I have another memory where I connected with a state of consciousness where I could see how an event would lead to a reaction months if not years, I wrote this message which I don't remember writing, I saved it and kept it all these years.

"No external god, teacher, doctor, angel, magician, therapist, mentor, or friend can heal me, for the healing work can only be done by me. I can't wait for life to come and cure me of my problems, suffering and defects, a miracle isn't going to be granted by an angel, for the only one who's capable of my own healing is the god that resides inside my mind, body, spirit and soul. That god is me."

The only thing I invoke for is to better know and understand myself. I think it works.

I've worked at a couple of places where that would be an advantage.

For me, the biggest 'gone wrong' I ever did was magic to get rid of David Cameron as Prime Minister, because ofc, he declared the Brexit referendum, lost it, and then resigned so he didn't have to deal with the aftermath. Magic: successful. Consequences: horrible.
Ummm...when I was a kid I wanted the Steelers to win the Super Bowl, and they did so. Four times in six years. I never imagined, though, that I deserved Coach of the Year honors. To paraphrase the geeky kid Steve Urkel in them old TV shows, are you sure it was you that did that?

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Ummm...when I was a kid I wanted the Steelers to win the Super Bowl, and they did so. Four times in six years. I never imagined, though, that I deserved Coach of the Year honors. To paraphrase the geeky kid Steve Urkel in them old TV shows, are you sure it was you that did that?
I understand what you're saying.

I didn't do it, I ended up in one of the set of outcomes where it had been done.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I didn't do it, I ended up in one of the set of outcomes where it had been done.
"For me, the biggest 'gone wrong' I ever did was magic to get rid of David Cameron as Prime Minister..."
Here you certainly seem to claim ownership of the deed. You begin to remind me of the old British panto skit set in a courtroom:
Judge: "You are prevaricating, sir! Did you or did you not sleep with the plaintiff's wife?"
Defendant: "Not a wink, M'lord!"

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
"For me, the biggest 'gone wrong' I ever did was magic to get rid of David Cameron as Prime Minister..."
Here you certainly seem to claim ownership of the deed. You begin to remind me of the old British panto skit set in a courtroom:
Judge: "You are prevaricating, sir! Did you or did you not sleep with the plaintiff's wife?"
Defendant: "Not a wink, M'lord!"
Ok, there are sets of pre-existing timelines where different things happen. Each one of these timelines will have a version of us in it.

Our normal consciousness is made up of snippets of many timelines, 'edited' together so to us, it looks like one continous timeline, and this is true of all the other versions of ourselves as well.

In some sets of timelines, David Cameron resigns or stops being PM for some reason (maybe a piano falls on his head). If all you specify is "Get rid of David Cameron" (which is more or less what I foolishly did) then a successful outcome will mean that you will experience a random choice from any of these 'successful' timelines, which will then become part of your illusion of 'one continous timeline'.

There will be versions of myself where I specified my intent more closely, and maybe those worlds will be a tiny bit better.

NB I discovered recently that illusion does not mean 'does not exist', it means 'is not as it seems'

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Ok, there are sets of pre-existing timelines where different things happen. Each one of these timelines will have a version of us in it.

Our normal consciousness is made up of snippets of many timelines, 'edited' together so to us, it looks like one continous timeline, and this is true of all the other versions of ourselves as well.

In some sets of timelines, David Cameron resigns or stops being PM for some reason (maybe a piano falls on his head). If all you specify is "Get rid of David Cameron" (which is more or less what I foolishly did) then a successful outcome will mean that you will experience a random choice from any of these 'successful' timelines, which will then become part of your illusion of 'one continous timeline'.

There will be versions of myself where I specified my intent more closely, and maybe those worlds will be a tiny bit better.

NB I discovered recently that illusion does not mean 'does not exist', it means 'is not as it seems'
OK, that works. The question remains how you know your deed should be blamed (if blame is in order) for Cameron's departure? It's like backing into a buzzsaw and trying to blame some one tooth for gashing your nether cheek.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
OK, that works. The question remains how you know your deed should be blamed (if blame is in order) for Cameron's departure? It's like backing into a buzzsaw and trying to blame some one tooth for gashing your nether cheek.
I think this version of you would be in this timeline regardless; I'm the visitor who by his own fault crash-landed here :)

Lucifer

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score

About this, I did ask Lucifer to let me know what happened exactly so I could. "take responsibility for my actions" and he kept on telling me to let it go and said "Forgive yourself for the part you played, but give those who you believe you harmed the advocacy of their own choice"

I just may have killed someone with Magick and I don't even know if I did. I should at the least take responsibility and know for sure so something like that doesn't occur again.
I never caused a magical mishap. I don't know how

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
No. I'm not sure, but It was like I was possessed and it was through my body.

I have some really weird memories during that time, like I have a memory of convincing my psychiatrist to try hypnosis and I remember just bursting out crying in tears afterwards because there was something I realized, I don't know what. She then resigned, I saw her a few years later when I was attending an Adult Children of Alcoholics meeting and I guess she was possibly attending an NA or AA meeting since they were also held there. I thanked her for all she did in the past and she told me "You were a special case". I'm not sure what that means.

I have trouble not talking about this stuff because I don't even know if they are real or not, dissociation is a hell of a drug. I think I over rely on some sign or others, to just help me understand what the fuck happened during that time,

I can comprehend and understand a consciousness where you could see how a reaction would lead to a reaction months or years down the line, but in my delusions I realized something and I used and this term "meta-cognition" to force myself to forget essentially hacking your mind by forcing yourself to be in a state where the memories wouldn't be encoded but there is still an imprint.

It may be a delusion, and I often have to dismiss it as one, but at other times it doesn't feel right. It's even worse not knowing. I know I have the message which suggests something occured.

But I consider it a time Magick went wrong with me.

Keep in mind, I was completely new to Magick, I had no idea what I was doing.

Last edited:

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry. Misread your post. How do I know this was a successful magic? Well, at the root of it; you can never say for sure, that's the nature of it.

Sometimes you get to see surrounding coincidences, like ripples from throwing a stone into a lake, like the time I did some magic to recover a lost bag, and later discovered that Osama bin Laden had been killed at the time the magical act was completed (bag confirmed found). It does not mean that I killed Osama bin Laden, especially as that had not been part of my original intent. Think of it more as "a glitch in the Matrix"

Otherwise, all you can say is that the result did actually match up with the intent.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
This is why I am so afraid of casting curses and such. Not only would I rather forgive but it can backfire.
You'd rather forgive, or simply rather not confront? Simply not wanting to take a beating does not make me Mahatma Gandhi.