• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] A PGM Liber Resh / Solar Invocations by Digital Ambler

Informative post.
I posted this in another thread, might as well make it a standalone post

These are directional guardians taken from the Greek Magical Papyri. They are aspects of the PGM syncretic Helios rather than separate entities

East: ERBĒTH. A winged dragon with a crown of clouds rising above the horizon.
North: SESENGENBARPHARANGĒS. An infant child sitting atop a blossoming lotus.
West: ABLANATHANALBA. A crocodile with the tail of a snake arising from the waters.
South: LERTHEXANAX. A falcon with its wings stretching out to their full wingspan.
(But go counterclockwise and switch North and South if you're in the Southern Hemisphere)

Digital Ambler gives a version of Liber Resh with these:
DAMNAMENEUS and AKRAMMAKHAMAREI are barbarous words from the PGM but I think his use of them for depths and heights is UPG. It makes sense though, acro = Greek for height, and damn obviously implies the Underworld. He says MALPARTALKHŌ is fully UPG and that you can replace it with the name of your HGA if you know it

The sunrise invocation of Erbēth:

ΙO ERBĒTH, you who are Helios who rise now from the realm of DAMNAMENEUS [the Depths] into the realm of AKRAMMAKHAMAREI [the Heights], you whose form is a winged dragon with a crown of clouds, take your place in the East as you move from the North, quelling all discord as you bring bright force to dark space!
For I am MALPARTALKHŌ [something like Luminous One?] standing before you, calling upon you who are ERBĒTH!

The noon invocation of Lertheksanaks:

ΙO LERTHEXANAX, you who are Helios who surmount now onto the highest heights of the realm of AKRAMMAKHAMAREI, you whose form is a royal falcon ringed in golden fire, take your place in the South as you move from the East, sending upon us radiant fire and life-giving heat!
For I am MALPARTALKHŌ standing before you, calling upon you who are LERTHEXANAX!

The sunset invocation of Ablanathanalba:

ΙO ABLANATHANALBA, you who are Helios who sink now from the realm of AKRAMMAKHAMAREI into the realm of DAMNAMENEUS, you whose form is a snake-tailed crocodile peering above the waves, take your place in the West as you move from the South, shedding cold water as you cleanse hot day with cool night!
For I am MALPARTALKHŌ standing before you, calling upon you who are ABLANATHANALBA!

The midnight invocation of Sesengenbarpharangēs:

ΙO SESENGENBARPHARANGĒS, you who are Helios who settle now into the darkest depths of the realm of DAMNAMENEUS, you whose form is the holy infant upon the lotus seat, take your place in the North as you move from the West, reborn as king from the virgin womb of the world!
For I am MALPARTALKHŌ standing before you, calling upon you who are SESENGENBARPHARANGĒS!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!