• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Divine Snake Power

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Snakes are the very emblem of spirituality itself for us human beings, it is surrendering to this snake function which makes us who we are. Surrender is the key surrender to your own fight or flight or lust mechanism in the body. It is this that makes demons so powerful and other lower vibrational entities. Snake is the emblem of Kundalini and it's source is in Muladhara or the unconscious function of the body. It's power is of a snake which is why it's also an earth emblem, since even DNA is snake technology in itself.

The snake has long been depicted as a form of Satan and even in the bible Satan comes in form of a Snake to Adam and Eve. The snake is tempting and it is lustful but only when we acknowledge it's force on us can we transcend. The Snake is also depicted in the Tree of Life as coming from Malkuth and climbing up to Kether. Our human body also has a snake circuit and it's the most primitive part of us as human beings. It's not in LOVE but it is in attachment. To de-attach is the key to reaching upwards to Kether as Spirit just IS. In the same way the Snake is the counter part of Spirit which also just IS. So it's functions are the same. When you get a fight or flight response you just follow your reptile brain and in this way just are.

220px-Serpent_god_Ningishzida_on_the_libation_vase_of_Gudea%2C_circa_2100_BCE.jpg

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I like how snakes also represent renewal/rebirth/evolution due to their shedding of scales.
It's a pity that due to religion that snakes ended up getting some bad reputation.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I like how snakes also represent renewal/rebirth/evolution due to their shedding of scales.
It's a pity that due to religion that snakes ended up getting some bad reputation.

I live in an area where most are Highly venomous so that’s why they have a bad reputation here..lol

I do my best to never be in an area where they are known to inhabit.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I live in an area where most are Highly venomous so that’s why they have a bad reputation here..lol

I do my best to never be in an area where they are known to inhabit.
Are you in Australia! I didn't realise

(Or, I guess, Africa or India, lotta venomous snakes there too).

I've always wondered why eg English people are afraid of snakes & spiders when they haven't grown up with any that can kill them. (Actually only about 1 person a year dies from snakebite in Australia, and it's often because they tried to pick the snake up, and there's only been 1 spider bite death in the last 50 years, so they're not really much of a threat here either. But that's probably BECAUSE we're appropriately afraid and don't go poking funnelwebs)
Post automatically merged:

More on topic, my solar adorations are based on the PGM amulet consecration rite, so every morning for the last 3 months I've been saying

"In the third hour, you have the form of a serpent; your name is AMEKRANEBEKHEO THΩOUTH, for you are the creative lifeforce. Teach me to shed my old forms and continually renew my life."

(The first sentence is from the PGM. The second is be thinking "what could a serpent teach me?")

There's also a snake wrapped around the body of Aion.

Snakes in Egypt were considered lucky because they killed mice and rats. In our era, we think of a mouse infestation as unpleasant, invasive, bringing disease.

But then it meant "they have eaten our store of food put by for the fallow season and our whole family is going to starve to death." A snake might kill one person but if probably won't take out your whole family.

Last edited:

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
That's just their natural weapons, same as the fangs and claws of other animals.
I meant more that people tend to associate snakes with being a betrayer, a sketchy person, etc.Their image is mostly associated to being a person of ill repute or morals.

You don't see people associating "being a snake" or "being called a snake" as something good.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Are you in Australia! I didn't realise

(Or, I guess, Africa or India, lotta venomous snakes there too).

I've always wondered why eg English people are afraid of snakes & spiders when they haven't grown up with any that can kill them. (Actually only about 1 person a year dies from snakebite in Australia, and it's often because they tried to pick the snake up, and there's only been 1 spider bite death in the last 50 years, so they're not really much of a threat here either. But that's probably BECAUSE we're appropriately afraid and don't go poking funnelwebs)
Post automatically merged:

More on topic, my solar adorations are based on the PGM amulet consecration rite, so every morning for the last 3 months I've been saying

"In the third hour, you have the form of a serpent; your name is AMEKRANEBEKHEO THΩOUTH, for you are the creative lifeforce. Teach me to shed my old forms and continually renew my life."

(The first sentence is from the PGM. The second is be thinking "what could a serpent teach me?")

There's also a snake wrapped around the body of Aion.

Snakes in Egypt were considered lucky because they killed mice and rats. In our era, we think of a mouse infestation as unpleasant, invasive, bringing disease.

But then it meant "they have eaten our store of food put by for the fallow season and our whole family is going to starve to death." A snake might kill one person but if probably won't take out your whole family.

I'm in the Southeast region of the US and we have just tons of Aggressive Viper type Snakes in wooded areas and near rivers.

We have gobs of Venomous Spiders too like Black Widows and Brown recluses.... and of course we have monstrous Alligators too.

This place is Basically the US's Amazon/Outback combined or something..lol

Oh and that's an awesome Solar Adoration similar in style to mine. Sort of a Recognition/Praise statement followed by a humble request.

That's just their natural weapons, same as the fangs and claws of other animals.
I meant more that people tend to associate snakes with being a betrayer, a sketchy person, etc.Their image is mostly associated to being a person of ill repute or morals.

You don't see people associating "being a snake" or "being called a snake" as something good.

Oh for sure. I'm just sort of poking fun at myself and my healthy respect and fear of them.

I actually think they are fascinating creatures but.... like from a distance ..ha

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm in the Southeast region of the US and we have just tons of Aggressive Viper type Snakes in wooded areas and near rivers.
I looked up the mortality rate for snakebite in the US and it's really low (5 a year but with 10 times the population), but then I remembered... just because something doesn't literally kill you doesn't mean you want it to happen. Venom hurts a lot!

Anyway yes solidarity in never walking through long grass in sandals and shorts while still admiring the symbolic and spiritual power of the snake

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I like that the Dutch word for snake is "slang". As slang is a way of being creative with words and saying things without saying them, shedding skin to reveal new meanings, or like how the snake has a forked tongue and this is a source for the expression "to speak with a double tongue".
Because I always try to play with words in attempting to understand (or connect) ideas, I also find it very interesting that the Persian for serpent is "Mariya" - which is very similar to Maria, the Virgin.
In Egyptian, "Mer" is a serpent god as well. Maria (as Stella Maris) has rule over the waters (the French for mother is "Mère", the German for sea is "das Meer" pronounced the same) and if I take it a step (or leap..) further this then might even say that She could be the great Serpent of the Deep Leviathan.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I like that the Dutch word for snake is "slang". As slang is a way of being creative with words and saying things without saying them, shedding skin to reveal new meanings, or like how the snake has a forked tongue and this is a source for the expression "to speak with a double tongue".
Because I always try to play with words in attempting to understand (or connect) ideas, I also find it very interesting that the Persian for serpent is "Mariya" - which is very similar to Maria, the Virgin.
In Egyptian, "Mer" is a serpent god as well. Maria (as Stella Maris) has rule over the waters (the French for mother is "Mère", the German for sea is "das Meer" pronounced the same) and if I take it a step (or leap..) further this then might even say that She could be the great Serpent of the Deep Leviathan.
Merde paddling meerkats, Batman! Right or wrong all this is highly suggestive of points to ponder.