• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Official] First Tarot deck released on WF by a community member! Invitation to support

An official request, or post by staff acting with authority.

1707072303428.png

Check it out! 14 years of hard work from @stalkinghyena culminated in the above work of art.

I know there are many tarot fans and deck collectors on WF, and I implore you to help and support one of our own.

The artwork is gorgeous and nostalgic, and for me it's truly inspiring to see an iconic original contribution to the occult space by one of our own.

Wish you the best, Hyena! And looking forward to the next community members projects!

If you are not able to or willing to purchase the deck, then please consider sharing the following links and/or upvoting on reddit:

Last edited:

Celestia

Visitor
Reaction score
Now this is a cool deck. There's a lot of minimalistic decks out there that look "good" aesthetically, but they strip out all of the symbolism and the details, which are so important IMO. This is chock full of symbolism. Definitely caught my eye.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
That is most righteous! 🤘
I'm pretty sure you didn't actually read the link I sent, so let me clarify. There is a commenter on that reddit post, who is asking the following question of you:
Very Nice! Beautiful Artwork filled with Esoteric symbols, the creator really took his time with this. Is there a guidebook available?

Please either reply to that on reddit, or on here for me to relay the answer back to them.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm pretty sure you didn't actually read the link I sent, so let me clarify. There is a commenter on that reddit post, who is asking the following question of you:

Please either reply to that on reddit, or on here for me to relay the answer back to them.
I saw it and was planning to create a reddit account to reply to it this morning (or soon), but first I have to shovel like four feet of snow, lol! Lots of scramble atm.
But if it's quicker to relay, tell them huge thanks but no, no book yet. I am working towards making a journal on WF that could be a basis for a published book, but that's another type of scramble for me.
Thanks for sharing that link though Skull!

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I saw it and was planning to create a reddit account to reply to it this morning (or soon), but first I have to shovel like four feet of snow, lol! Lots of scramble atm.
But if it's quicker to relay, tell them huge thanks but no, no book yet. I am working towards making a journal on WF that could be a basis for a published book, but that's another type of scramble for me.
Thanks for sharing that link though Skull!
Ohhh you don't have a reddit account? :O

Fair play then, I'll relay the message for now, but feel free to make the account and personally reply to the comment as well. I'll make it clear that I am not the creator of the deck.

Looking forward to the Journal, I remember you talked about it. But still, if you could have a short condensed guide too, that would probably be great, you could post that in the Tutorials section.

But for now, would it be fine to tell the reddit commentor that they could just borrow techniques from other Tarot guidebooks/books? Perhaps I could recommend McCarthy's tarot book?

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Ohhh you don't have a reddit account? :O
Lol, hadn't even thought of getting one. WF is my main squeeze❤️

Fair play then, I'll relay the message for now, but feel free to make the account and personally reply to the comment as well. I'll make it clear that I am not the creator of the deck.
Appreciate that!

Looking forward to the Journal, I remember you talked about it. But still, if you could have a short condensed guide too, that would probably be great, you could post that in the Tutorials section.
A condensed guide is a good idea and something I'll contemplate. My creative process is currently in armed revolt (it hates me, it wants new things). I would blame astrology, but my muses have ways of surprising me.

Perhaps I could recommend McCarthy's tarot book?
I haven't read McCarthy yet, but I was going to say in the intended Journal that any general interpretive system for Tarot will probably do. For decades I had always relied on Robert Wangs's appended list from Mathers, or Crowley's saliva, but these were just guides when I'm stumped. Mostly, I go by correspondences and visionary intuition, though it has long been a concern for me to explain to someone how to interpret the symbols in digestible fashion. Mostly I tell them to "make it your own" - meaning that I'm just the delivery guy. But this is an evolution.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm the reddit poster who asked about the guidebook.
Hi! I'm the deck creator and wish to thank you for your interest, which SkullTraill drew my attention to on reddit.
As he said, there is no guidebook for the Tarot yet, but I have just uploaded a journal that is meant to work in that direction:

Also, welcome aboard!