• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Gateways Through Light and Shadows by Frater Ashen Chassan

Talk about a book(s)

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Reading along with an optical reader and this book is fascinating.

I completely agree with the following quote because I have to pull myself from the mystic's natural inclination to join with or bask(s) in as FAC writes.

"However, unlike the mystic or Spiritual seeker who simply basks in the beauty and awareness of the universe, the magician is one who peers into its depths and risks traveling into the unknown seeking to harness the strengths of the individual dwellers therein." pg. 41 Gateways Through Light and Shadows -- Frater Ashen Chassan -- 2019 -- Arcane Wisdom

This explains clearly to me the difference between mystic and mage. But it doesn't mean hopefully neither can function as the other.

I hope to explore that possiblity.

Reaction score
Awards
I'm interested in reading it. I used to have a hard over copy of Gateways through Stone and Circle, and attempted summoning Raphael with the information he provided in the book.

theil

Carefree Explorer
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm interested in reading it. I used to have a hard over copy of Gateways through Stone and Circle, and attempted summoning Raphael with the information he provided in the book.
Cool. I doubt I'll ever do a traditional grimoire invocation but reading the account of a practitioner is enlightening.
Grabbed the gateways first book this afternoon and read the first section.