• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hello, Greetings, Salve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'm Asteriskos (Greek for "Little Star") as in "Every Man and Woman is a Star!", though Crowley only provided "pieces".

I've experienced a real wide variety of occult theory and practice, both solitary and in the company of others. So... what best describes me at this point of this sojourn would be a practitioner of "Strategic Sorcery" somewhat in the sense of Jason Miller, but more tuned to my taste. There are elements of both: Thaumaturgy and Theurgy present as Both are necessary for me to properly practice, Miller provides a Very Good and Solid basis upon which to build, though it may be somewhat "Hellenismos / Hellenistic" out of the box! I may also be guilty of mashing the concepts of "Strategy and Tactics" together, but that's just personal to myself. I've "lurked" around in the ether prior to registering for membership to be sure there were some folks to learn from, and just maybe able to impart something as well.
Lots of interesting stuff flying around in these forums! Here is an attempt o condense or summarize if possible:

I'm an "Individuality", a Soul, a Spark (We All Are), the "Real Ego", that's presently wearing the "Persona" (Greek for Mask) of a Sorcerer Now!

This is the "Persona / Mask" that allows me to best practice and Learn Magic/k through the finely tuned Lens of Sorcery.
(I'm always Tuning / Pruning my practice!).
The "Individuality is Permanent, the Persona is Changeable", (Like a Mask), it will be withdrawn by, and incorporated into the Individuality when the time is right, with All that Experience! So... the Individuality may rightly say: "I Am / Was, That Sorcerer!", because that's what IT Manifested to gain what it Wanted or Needed! Of course all this is merely my own UPG, nothing else makes any sense to me though, Duh! ;^)

IF... I had to make a statement it just may be: "Magic/k is Powerless without Thaumaturgy, and Heartless without Theurgy, So Mote it Be!"

Sincerely,
Asteriskos

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello,
I wrote a pretty sizeable Intro, but changed the Avatar after posting it, and the entire Intro disappeared!
Can it be Salvaged, I really don't understand what happened?
If one of the Mods, or Staff would please remove / delete these failed attempts, i may try again some other time.

Thanks

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hello 👋 I pulled it back out from the void

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
Welcome komşu 😄
Thanks, I suppose in more than one sense we're Neighbors!
It's quite cool how the "Net" has reduced the planet to the "Global village"!
I was for many years an engineer, (field Bio-Medical and IT) so maybe I shouldn't be all That surprised.
The diversity of this forum is real cool though!
Post automatically merged:

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, I'm glad that some of the more consistent and erudite players have seen fit to welcome me, I Am Honored!
You may not realize it but, "Those Unregistered / Unwashed who Lurk in the Ether" know who you are!

I'm Asteriskos (Greek for "Little Star") as in "Every Man and Woman is a Star!", though Crowley only provided "pieces".

I've experienced a real wide variety of occult theory and practice, both solitary and in the company of others. So... what best describes me at this point of this sojourn would be a practitioner of "Strategic Sorcery" somewhat in the sense of Jason Miller, but more tuned to my taste. There are elements of both: Thaumaturgy and Theurgy present as Both are necessary for me to properly practice, Miller provides a Very Good and Solid basis upon which to build, though it may be somewhat "Hellenismos / Hellenistic" out of the box! I may also be guilty of mashing the concepts of "Strategy and Tactics" together, but that's just personal to myself. I've "lurked" around in the ether prior to registering for membership to be sure there were some folks to learn from, and just maybe able to impart something as well.
Lots of interesting stuff flying around in these forums! Here is an attempt o condense or summarize if possible:

I'm an "Individuality", a Soul, a Spark (We All Are), the "Real Ego", that's presently wearing the "Persona" (Greek for Mask) of a Sorcerer Now!

This is the "Persona / Mask" that allows me to best practice and Learn Magic/k through the finely tuned Lens of Sorcery.
(I'm always Tuning / Pruning my practice!).
The "Individuality is Permanent, the Persona is Changeable", (Like a Mask), it will be withdrawn by, and incorporated into the Individuality when the time is right, with All that Experience! So... the Individuality may rightly say: "I Am / Was, That Sorcerer!", because that's what IT Manifested to gain what it Wanted or Needed! Of course all this is merely my own UPG, nothing else makes any sense to me though, Duh! ;^)

IF... I had to make a statement it just may be: "Magic/k is Powerless without Thaumaturgy, and Heartless without Theurgy, So Mote it Be!"

Sincerely,
Asteriskos
Thanks for the Likes Folks!

Last edited:

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
This thread apparently resulted in some "lag time" while trying to create an avatar when I was registering for membership.
Please delete it, I tried but can't do it!
Thanks

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
Please Delete this thread, it was an Accident!
I would if I could.

Thanks

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome to the forum. (I moved your 'accidents' over to this thread. If our forum Host decides to delete them later, they'll vanish.)

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. (I moved your 'accidents' over to this thread. If our forum Host decides to delete them later, they'll vanish.)
That's Much Appreciated! I'm getting the forum software figured out Slow but Sure. I must admit the Mods and general feel of this forum are Great!!! Thank You Again!

@KjEno186,
I noticed that I also created an Empty thread over in "General Occult Discussions", can something be done with that, It's Embarrasssing, and definitely wasn't on purpose! I do appreciate that you've helped one with Fat Fingers!

Last edited:

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks, I'm glad that some of the more consistent and erudite players have seen fit to welcome me, I Am Honored!
You may not realize it but, "Those Unregistered / Unwashed who Lurk in the Ether" know who you are!
Thank you, and I look forward to your Cthulu Mythos book "Those Unwashed who Lurk in the Ether" :)

Asteriskos

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hiiiii we are polar opposites in everything :D
Hello,
Well... There will be That! :cool:

Thank you, and I look forward to your Cthulu Mythos book "Those Unwashed who Lurk in the Ether" :)
Well, when I too was Unregistered / Unwashed (so to speak), I noticed a "core" group over a relatively decent time frame that were consistently contributing to the "Egregore" of the forum, the "players" if you will, you were one of the quieter, more reserved ones, except when you were
in 'expound" mode, of course there was Some variation in the core players group. Several of ya'll did welcome me, which was quite cool. For something like 6-8 months or so, I would occasionally fire up WF so that I could see who the "core players" were. As for the "book", it's more difficult writing fiction than non-fiction! Who said That Mythos was fiction though? :cool:

Welcome to the forum!
I see from your signature that you've got a book, meant to mention I saw it, but got Overwhelmed, will indeed look into it! --Asteriskos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.