• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] Quareia local backup (Linux & Mac Tutorial)

Informative post.
Hi guys and girls!

This tutorial is for all of those of you, that are not computer savvy, and would like to make a Quareias PDF files backup on your disk.
We are living in weird times, and in case some deepshit blows away the internet, local copy of all those pdfs could save your practice.
The main program that we will use to backup the Quareia website is the 'wget' that we will run from console.

[Linux]
1. On linux it's very easy. The wget program should be allready installed. If this is not the case install it from your distro repos.
2. Then Open terminal program and write: wget --mirror --user-agent=mozilla --page-requisites --convert-links -r
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

3. This will make a local copy of the
website and all the pdf's are inside the 'S' directory.

[Mac]
This should work on Mac too. Just install the wget app from brew.
Then run your wget from terminal adding --mirror --user-agent=mozilla --page-requisites --convert-links -r
as parameter.

[Windows]
On Windows you're on your own. Download the wget binary to your PC and then run it from cmd.exe or power shell adding all the parameters.

I hope this will be useful for some of you.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Warned: Off-topic.
to expleain to the newbies:
when you are a broomwitch, you stay in hiding and keep your incense away from mum and dad. the internet is getting worse concerning acting like mum and dad. simple. sadly these mum and dads have tools to find things on pcs. legal justice system has changed, so the writers are making changes cause they dont like the mums and dads either.

still nasty can be nastier so we buy, or get in this case, locks to prevent this shit. there are bigger players then little witches and we dont need to wake them up. why use big bombs for incense burners? me thinks we all agree that thats stupid. well mums and dads are stupid. so intsall what the OP wrote and be more safe. the writers, occult websites and publishers are more safe too and can continue to exist. youd be saving people , jobs and occult knowledge as good deed, too.

and i think i can say safely that weirdgnome knows what he is saying and that skull has super powers in explaining it simple. so whether they like it or not they are the ones to go to for pc help cause they know stuff.

and dont be shy. my last question was what does that thingy mean after the slash in my address bar: and i get a friendly answer. better then any helpdesk ever would, let me be clear about that.

so just to make the start of durp questions ill post mine:

hi skull, whats all that text in my adressbar? i dont think ive ever seen that before?
skull:
It's part of the gmail email inbox URL. It's not nothing to do with your actual email address, it is just part of the web address for your email inbox when you visit gmail.com (or mail.google.com)

/mail/ stands for the fact that it is your email
/u/ stands for user
/0/ stands for the first user
/#inbox stands for which part of the mail site you are looking at (for example it changes to #settings when you go to the settings page in gmail)

The /u/0/ part is needed because you can have many google accounts logged in the same browser, and you can switch between your logged in email accounts, and gmail needs a way to differentiate between your different logged in accounts.

So for example, if you had 3 gmail accounts, they would have the 3 following URLs:
  1. example@gmail.com - /mail/u/0/#inbox
  2. another@gmail.com - /mail/u/1/#inbox
  3. random@gmail.com - /mail/u/2/#inbox
I hope that answers your question.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if there are others with pcskill, do jump in, we can use all the help. for some even a cookie looks dangerous. ;)

Reaction score
Awards
My only.problem.is.internet connectivity and funds for going out, next time I can hit a Panera, will try on my macbook.