• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Ruler of the age

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I know that John Dee initially had contact with Anael (because he was) the ruling Angel at that time.
Somewhere in Agrippa there's a list of these Angels and the period they rule.
I seem to remember these time periods were roughly 2000 years.
But I'm having a brainfart and have no clue how to find that list again. Flipping through the book for the third time in a row now.

Anybody know what I'm talking about and where I can find it?

Solution
Have you tried Skinner's "Complete Magician's Tables"?

I need to get my hands on this book, it's next on my list for physical books. I bet it has it.
Thanks guys. I just found it, though not the actual list:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I must have imagined the number of 2000 years. In this diagram where the Archangels are combined with the Olympic Spirits you can see that Anael was the ruler during Dee's lifetime.
Will be using this for something shortly.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Are you referring to the angel tables in Heptameron, also in Agrippa's 4th book around page 61 in my copy (although I seem to have a lot of different copies, so YMMV)?

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Are you referring to the angel tables in Heptameron, also in Agrippa's 4th book around page 61 in my copy (although I seem to have a lot of different copies, so YMMV)?
No that doesn't look like it, but thank you for the suggestion!

I remember the list had 7 angels. It was like but not exactly the same as the planetary Archangels' list, and the years were next to or under it.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Heptameron, also in Agrippa's 4th book
Looking further in Arbatel there are the 7 Olympic Spirits and the 490 year periods they rule. That's more like it but I really seem to remember the list being Hebrew Angels and longer periods.
Or my mind is playing s joke on me 🤔

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

I need to get my hands on this book, it's next on my list for physical books. I bet it has it.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

Thanks guys. I just found it, though not the actual list:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I must have imagined the number of 2000 years. In this diagram where the Archangels are combined with the Olympic Spirits you can see that Anael was the ruler during Dee's lifetime.
Will be using this for something shortly.

Solution