• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Nocturnum

Neophyte
Reaction score
I've been through a lot in my life, unfortunately a lot of things weren't necessary, not justified or deserved, outside of my control, not consensual, it has caused me a lot of unnecessary pain, trauma.
I have various reasons to be a little emotionally repressed, to feel repressed rage/anger or feminine rage that most women feel in the modern world.

I've felt drawn to Hekate for awhile, I was talking to someone yesterday that works with Hekate and he said she could help me and she understands my pain.
I asked Hekate to help me, I felt light, airy and warm energy around me then I felt like crying, I felt a physical pain in my chest and my throat.
I kept feeling the pain in my chest, I felt like I couldn't breathe, it felt overwhelming, I was crying a lot while trying to sleep. While I was trying to sleep, I felt warm energy around me and I heard someone say my name.

Hekate has said in a tarot card reading awhile ago, that I have mental & emotional blockages that prevent me from being true self, there was also symbolic, metaphorical meaning about transformation as well.
Awhile ago I had a vivid vision of Hekate holding a torch and walking with her hellhounds, into a cave, where there was a stone altar and moonlight shining on the altar.
I was watching a tv series yesterday and Hekate was mentioned a lot.

Is it normal to feel physical pain if you have repressed energy/emotions or blocked chakras?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have read about (skin) disease as a symptom of blocked energy centers, but what you wrote there about pain in your throat / the area of expressing yourself as you were in ritual, and that you made yourself do it anyway, sounds like you were really working through it, to get it out.
Also the crying, the letting out these emotions during and after the meditation / ritual + the warmth when going to sleep: you seem to have taken a big step and I applaud you 🤟

Nocturnum

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thank you I appreciate it.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you I appreciate it.
I was speaking to someone yesterday about Hekate, he works with various Deities and he said about Hekate, that she could help me, he said about an attunement with Hekate and other Deities that I feel drawn to & I want to work with.
He said that Hekate wants to work with me and she understands my pain.
I know of one of my past lives in Ancient Rome and every time I watch anything, or read/study anything about Greek or Roman mythology, folklore, it makes me feel sad and I feel like crying for some reason.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's interesting that you mention pain because I had this issue recently. I woke up in the middle of the night with a pain shooting up and down my back. I never felt a pain in my back so severe. I got up, and started just asking for relief . Later, that day, I mad a petition to have the pain stop. I was a strongwomen pain for one night and had dulled to following day. After I made my petition to remove the pain , I knew somehow that it was not a pain to see a doctor about. When my petition about removing the pain was answered, I got a message in a kind of awake but partial dream state. Here is the message I heard from who I had petitioned to remove the pain: I had been holding stress and anxiety in my back, it was a habit I had, I was reminded that this was not the first time I had this kind of strange song back pain.

about 8 years ago, I had gone to a doctor for sever back muscle pain. They gave me a shot, a muscle relaxer, I'm not sure why I had forgotten about this time. Anyway, what was sent to me, from one spirit I work with, in this awake, dream state, was that out thoughts are very powerful, any stress and anxiety can come so strong from a person, it can cause body pains. BUT this pain was so much worst, and then in 3 days it was gone. I know what I felt stress over, I made the connection and the additional advice I got was to transmute any stress and anxiety someplace else, I should do my art, or write, or watch funny videos, but most of all, when any stress hits, if I dwell on it, it's the worst thing I can do.

I learned then, first hand and clearly what the mind is capable of doing to the body. I hope this was helpful. I know not all ailments are from the mind only, but I now know, that sometimes they can be.. So, since our minds can be so powerful, I figured why not use these energies on something else like learning more magick to further help my self ...

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Is it normal to feel physical pain if you have repressed energy/emotions or blocked chakras?

Any blocked emotion can manifest itself as a real disease or energetical blockage in the liver/kidneys etc. Usually the projected emotion is what you need to feel and go through so the blocked energy gets freed, so the emotional circuit is the Power circuit in this sense and when you feel the trauma then the energy gets unblocked. E-Motion think about that.

Voidking

Neophyte
Reaction score

In my opinion, it is absolutely normal, trauma disrupts your memory storage processes and changes the the brain and nervous system works. Trauma left untreated can have a big impact on our health, they can lead to physical and emotional distress, which can lead to more serious health conditions. As trauma will cause a person to be in the fight or flight mode, you'll be more likely to waste your vital energy on reactive behaviours, and therefore you won't have enough vital energy going into higher centers (or chakras). I suggest to start doing physical yogas to start healing your nervous system and body, and why not a good therapist? because I think it's not very safe to engage with dark energy-consciousness if you do not have a healthy body and a resilient mind, particulalry if you're planning to build an altar and invite her energies in your place, things can get quite dark, but good dark.

Hecate is my patron, she's perfect for real "shadow-work" , but not how shadow-work is perceived by today's "lightworkers". I really urge you to be careful what you ask for and how you engage with Hecate, the Goddess can get very stern and dark. She is very motherly yes, but not a "gentle-kind" mother who is going to comfort you, she is more like the "challenging" kind of mother who loves seeing her children growing and evolving.
This is my UPG of Hecate, perhaps she'll reveal another side of herself to other people, but if you expect the Dark Goddess, you're more likely to get the same energy. Hecate pushed me toward the solitary path and is currently initiating me into the death current, just to say whan you can expect from her, she reveals and force you to heal trauma but your perspective on reality will change a lot.

Just to say, Hecate is not a Greek Goddess but have been adopted by the Greeks into the Greek Pantheon from Turkey, but in my experiences she predates both (UPG). Approach her in her most primal forms as the "Dark Mother Feminine Goddess" and ask her who she is, you'll get quite surprised.

Nocturnum

Neophyte
Reaction score
I appreciate your reply to my post, I understand what you mean about having a healthy mindset, healthy before engaging with/inviting darker energy into my life. Would this also apply to working with other specific Deities like the Goddess Hel or Lilith?
I want to embrace, integrate my shadow self and dark feminine energy and feel empowered, confident.
Counselling hasn't been helpful at all, i'm more interested in holistic healing.
If your doing real shadow work, how do you heal trauma what are doing to heal any trauma?
I know Hekate originates from Turkey, I have a book about her, I'm going to read it when I can read in peace.

It's interesting that you mention pain because I had this issue recently. I woke up in the middle of the night with a pain shooting up and down my back. I never felt a pain in my back so severe. I got up, and started just asking for relief . Later, that day, I mad a petition to have the pain stop. I was a strongwomen pain for one night and had dulled to following day. After I made my petition to remove the pain , I knew somehow that it was not a pain to see a doctor about. When my petition about removing the pain was answered, I got a message in a kind of awake but partial dream state. Here is the message I heard from who I had petitioned to remove the pain: I had been holding stress and anxiety in my back, it was a habit I had, I was reminded that this was not the first time I had this kind of strange song back pain.

about 8 years ago, I had gone to a doctor for sever back muscle pain. They gave me a shot, a muscle relaxer, I'm not sure why I had forgotten about this time. Anyway, what was sent to me, from one spirit I work with, in this awake, dream state, was that out thoughts are very powerful, any stress and anxiety can come so strong from a person, it can cause body pains. BUT this pain was so much worst, and then in 3 days it was gone. I know what I felt stress over, I made the connection and the additional advice I got was to transmute any stress and anxiety someplace else, I should do my art, or write, or watch funny videos, but most of all, when any stress hits, if I dwell on it, it's the worst thing I can do.

I learned then, first hand and clearly what the mind is capable of doing to the body. I hope this was helpful. I know not all ailments are from the mind only, but I now know, that sometimes they can be.. So, since our minds can be so powerful, I figured why not use these energies on something else like learning more magick to further help my self ...
I do feel stressed a lot, I already have chronic muscular pain, chronic joint pain in all my joints and Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.

Angelical

On Probation
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Do You know about Heka? Kind of Important, and most People just know Heka means “Medicine” or “Magic”, but Heka was Depicted as a God and is involved in Creation.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I appreciate your reply to my post, I understand what you mean about having a healthy mindset, healthy before engaging with/inviting darker energy into my life. Would this also apply to working with other specific Deities like the Goddess Hel or Lilith?
I want to embrace, integrate my shadow self and dark feminine energy and feel empowered, confident.
Counselling hasn't been helpful at all, i'm more interested in holistic healing.
If your doing real shadow work, how do you heal trauma what are doing to heal any trauma?
I know Hekate originates from Turkey, I have a book about her, I'm going to read it when I can read in peace.

I do feel stressed a lot, I already have chronic muscular pain, chronic joint pain in all my joints and Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Some of that probably comes from breathing and posture. When I've been under long-term pressure, it affects the way I sit and breathe. One has to make a conscious effort to avoid contorting oneself. Certain moods tend to manifest in certain stances and the negative ones wind up taking a physical toll. (Which does nothing for one's emotional state either.) Liver disease? I am far from competent to say. I hope the work with Hekate prospers. I only have a slight acquaintance with workings involving her, but want to know/do more.

Voidking

Neophyte
Reaction score

It is similar to other dark deities, the results will depend on how you establish a relationship with these deities, how much you do the invocations/communion with them etc. Be wary that you are inviting that consciousness inside your body and therefore you'll manifest those traits in yourself. Lilith can be very similar to the Vampiric aspect of Hecate. Hecate's energy is very multifaceted, I think it will depend on how you perceive her or expect her to be...

I emphasize a healthy mindset because invoking these type of deities would change your perspective on life and good/evil etc... so you have to be well grounded, some people will get lost and go dark/evil and so on... just be sure to dive a little bit and then come back to our normal reality, your friends, family, community, ground yourself, take some rest from the work and then dive again a little bit deeper, and then come back for a while, and so on. Even Carl Jung at some point was about to lose touch with reality.

Solar Gods and Angels are excellent for empowerment and confidence, I find dark divinities are more geared toward exploring the darkness within.

Try to find transpersonal psychologists, or jungian analysts.
I heal traumas through yoga, meditation, self awareness and journaling, by being fully present with the pain and letting go. The best way to heal is to fully feel the emotion and observe how your mind is reacting, and try not to suppress the experience, all with no attachment.

For me, shadow-work is a mean to integrate my repressed "primal-animalistic" self as I've been quite "compliant" and sacrificed my authenticity to blend with the crowd. It's the path for becoming who you really are.
I suggest to read Connie Zweig and James Hillman to prepare yourself for this wonderful journey.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I would take a far more blunt approach and suggest that your channels simply aren't accustomed to energy flows. Your pain isn't metaphorical it's energetic physical.

Promise

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards

For healing trauma I use some combination of: Breathwork, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Eye Movements such as EMDR or similar, TimeLine Therapy / Mental Emotional Release (MER), The Huna - Hoo Pono Pono process, The Hakalau state & the Huna Sigils, NLP - Visual Kinesthetic Dissociation - also known as the Fast Phobia Model, the NLP Reimprinting process, and the NLP Change Personal Process, and the processes in Meta-Programming. With a foundation of meditation and working out for general emotional stability. Also, cold showers / ice baths.

There is a newer EFT version that works with the "Ultimate Therapist", which is very open to personal interpretation, and something like an angel or guardian spirit, although the author keeps away from any spiritual or occult language.

I would recommend the EFT "Personal Peace Procedure" which is where you make a list of 50 to 100 negative, traumatic or stressful memories, and then use EFT to systematically reduce the "negative emotional charge" on them until they are all flat or emotionally balanced or neutral. Repeat the process of making the list, and resolving the memories until you can't find anymore. I'll put the original and IMHO best EFT manual in the library as well.

I'll upload some pdfs on Meta-Programming, cuz they are quite hard to find, but the rest should be pretty easy to google or youtube for. Here are some links from a free NLP Encyclopedia for the NLP processes. I'll also upload to the library an excellent book on Huna that covers Hakalua, Hoo Pono Pono, and the Huna Symbols.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
-- Change Personal History

-- V/K Dissociation

-- Reimprinting

--- NLP Trauma Process

I would recommend having an experienced NLP practitioner guide you through these. Although they can be done solo. If you go the solo route start with some trivial things until you are very familiar with the process.

All the best.