• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Testing Things Out

Someone's asking for help!

Konstantin

Neophyte
Reaction score
I would like to test the waters a bit since I'm very new to this. Is their an easy ritual I can do for people who are new to this stuff? I've just been doing small research here and there and learning about whatever I can. I'm interested in doing something small, nothing too crazy and easy to do.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe candle Magick would be a place to start, or even a simple ceremony that doesn't even aim for a result other than "getting into it", like a blessing of water and short meditation in the evenings around the full moon?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to test the waters a bit since I'm very new to this. Is their an easy ritual I can do for people who are new to this stuff? I've just been doing small research here and there and learning about whatever I can. I'm interested in doing something small, nothing too crazy and easy to do.
Regardie's "The One Year Manual" might be a good place to start. It has a couple of rituals that serve to get one's feet wet without the whole "get results now" mentality. You don't have to stay with that style of magick. But his is a good, clear introduction.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
All kinds of mysteries are commonly read in this ritual but many people (me included) see it as a sort of magical training wheels for beginners. Maybe just start with the Qabalistic Cross and give the main ritual a miss for now, the visualizations alone can be daunting enough if you have no practical experiece so far:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
gotta disagree with the authorities on this one
The Middle Pillar is the way. It's safe, it's easy,
and works in ways that you feel it.
There's a reason Regardie said do that s every day
Post automatically merged:

im kidding i love disagreeing with the authorities.
down with the mods. freedom for Roma

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
gotta disagree with the authorities on this one
The Middle Pillar is the way. It's safe, it's easy,
and works in ways that you feel it.
There's a reason Regardie said do that s every day
Post automatically merged:

im kidding i love disagreeing with the authorities.
down with the mods. freedom for Roma
When I started out, I just followed Regardie's book in order. So one comes to the Middle Pillar pretty quickly.