• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!
Share a single link to multiple books.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce a new WF initiative to help the effort to archive and preserve occult literature.

Starting from today, every 1-3 months, I will be extracting every MEGA link posted in Book Shares since the last archive, downloading each of them, and uploading them as a ZIP file shared in this thread for benefactors to download.

Yes, this is the reason for the new rule in Book Shares that you MUST use MEGA links when sharing books. More info in FAQ.

Since this is something I engineered/coded myself, there may be some bugs, and some missed files... So I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if my system has missed a particular file that's been shared on MEGA already, is still available on the MEGA link downloadable, but is for some reason not available in the archive.

Archives​

Archive #1 – 2024/03/09​

Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of: Custodian, Benefactor

Archive #2 – 2024/04/15​

Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of: Custodian, Benefactor

FAQ​

Why is this only for Benefactors?​

Every book in this archive has already been shared on WF Book Shares freely for anyone to download. This is just a convenient way to download everything possible all at once. I really wanted to add more "benefits" to being a benefactor and supporting WF, and I decided this was a relatively harmless way to do that.

Why only support MEGA links?​

I'm sure you can understand I'm not manually combing through 1000s of posts to find links, manually checking if they are working, and manually downloading them. I have written a script to scrape through the content in these forums, and extract the links, and automatically add them as bulk downloads in JDownloader. The system is not advanced enough to find links within links, or click buttons on pages to download or anything like that. It has to be a direct link, and more importantly, I am already paying for a premium MEGA account which allows me to download a considerable amount of files in one go, which I would not be able to do on other file hosts without getting a premium account for each of them.

Why is XYZ book missing?​

As I said, this was my first attempt at programming this type of scraper... I may have not coded it perfectly enough to extract all links from the raw text of posts, and as such, the system may have missed a few valid MEGA links. If you find such a case, please verify that the link is actually valid and working, and the file for sure isn't in the archive already, and then please let me know.

How do I download this?​

Under the "Archives" heading above, you will find the links to download the archive. You must be a Benefactor and reply to the thread to unlock the link. Then, you can download the zip file. Once downloaded, you must extract the zip file using the password provided above.

Wowzerz this is great what can I do to help?​

If you have downloaded the archive, and in the future you see one some MEGA link has ceased working, please take the book from the downloaded archive and reupload it and post the mirror in the relevant thread so that all free members may also benefit from all this content being preserved. Oh yeah, and fulfil as many requests as you can using MEGA links!

Last edited:

SirGalahad

Visitor
Benefactor
Reaction score
I am fairly new to this web forum. I see how to upgrade to benefactor, but what do I need to do to get custodian status?

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I am fairly new to this web forum. I see how to upgrade to benefactor, but what do I need to do to get custodian status?
Oh, you don't need that. I am the only custodian at the moment, it is the equivalent of "admin" group.

SirGalahad

Visitor
Benefactor
Reaction score
I compiled all of
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
into a single pdf.

I would eventually like to process the pages in volumes 7 & 8 through ScanTailor so that every volume would have a uniform blank/white background for seamless ebook reading, however that is a time-consuming and CPU hogging process, unless someone knows of a more seamless way to process-out scanned page coloring.

mirardx

Visitor
Reaction score
Thank you...
Post automatically merged:

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce a new WF initiative to help the effort to archive and preserve occult literature.

Starting from today, every 1-3 months, I will be extracting every MEGA link posted in Book Shares since the last archive, downloading each of them, and uploading them as a ZIP file shared in this thread for benefactors to download.

Yes, this is the reason for the new rule in Book Shares that you MUST use MEGA links when sharing books. More info in FAQ.

Since this is something I engineered/coded myself, there may be some bugs, and some missed files... So I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if my system has missed a particular file that's been shared on MEGA already, is still available on the MEGA link downloadable, but is for some reason not available in the archive.

Archives​

Archive #1 – 2024/03/09​

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

FAQ​

Why is this only for Benefactors?​

Every book in this archive has already been shared on WF Book Shares freely for anyone to download. This is just a convenient way to download everything possible all at once. I really wanted to add more "benefits" to being a benefactor and supporting WF, and I decided this was a relatively harmless way to do that.

Why only support MEGA links?​

I'm sure you can understand I'm not manually combing through 1000s of posts to find links, manually checking if they are working, and manually downloading them. I have written a script to scrape through the content in these forums, and extract the links, and automatically add them as bulk downloads in JDownloader. The system is not advanced enough to find links within links, or click buttons on pages to download or anything like that. It has to be a direct link, and more importantly, I am already paying for a premium MEGA account which allows me to download a considerable amount of files in one go, which I would not be able to do on other file hosts without getting a premium account for each of them.

Why is XYZ book missing?​

As I said, this was my first attempt at programming this type of scraper... I may have not coded it perfectly enough to extract all links from the raw text of posts, and as such, the system may have missed a few valid MEGA links. If you find such a case, please verify that the link is actually valid and working, and the file for sure isn't in the archive already, and then please let me know.

How do I download this?​

Under the "Archives" heading above, you will find the links to download the archive. You must be a Benefactor and reply to the thread to unlock the link. Then, you can download the zip file. Once downloaded, you must extract the zip file using the password provided above.

Wowzerz this is great what can I do to help?​

If you have downloaded the archive, and in the future you see one some MEGA link has ceased working, please take the book from the downloaded archive and reupload it and post the mirror in the relevant thread so that all free members may also benefit from all this content being preserved. Oh yeah, and fulfil as many requests as you can using MEGA links!
Thank you...

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Archive #2 added.