• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Zodiacal Hours

What? You mean Planetary Hours? Right?

No..​

If you are preparing for a spell or ritual, you have a lot of factors that you can incorporate to reason why a certain time gives more chance of success than other times.
Not all of these factors are used all the time, and depending on your view you might never use planetary hours at all.

Years ago it was a hassle to calculate the hours for a day (I was very pleased with myself when I made a little formula in Excel to do it for me) but nowadays there are lots of websites that give these hours immediately.

One thing that annoys me is when I am planning something and look up what the hour of a planet on a certain day is only to find out I will not be able to do anything at that time (“computer says no”). So I can then ignore the planetary hours. But now that I looked it up it's in the back of my mind.. Man..

So there's that. But I also think the way these correspondences are assigned isn't balanced:

• the years are assigned to the planets (this Spring equinox starts the year of Mars)
  • the seasons are assigned to the elements
  • the months are assigned to the zodiac signs
  • the days are assigned to the planets
  • the quarters of the day (morning, afternoon, evening and night) are assigned to the elements
  • the hours are assigned to the planets..

Using only these 6 units of time (and ignoring decades, weeks, minutes etc.) it could make more sense to assign the hours of the day to the Zodiac signs. This would give a far more balanced result and it is easily determined when the “best” time for any day is.

There are 24 hours in every day. Four parts of six hours. These are made into 12 two-hour-long “hours”, starting with Aries every day. No matter if it's April or October. To make it even simpler I won't bother with sunrise and sunset but start the day (every day) at 6 AM.

This gives the following table:

6 – 8 AM

Aries

Mars

Fire, Energy, Rising, New opportunities

8 – 10

Taurus

Venus

Earth, Start of (work)day, Securing and maintaining, Stable

10 – 12

Gemini

Mercury

Air, Communication, Busy and active mind

12 – 2

Cancer

Luna

Water, Lunch, Protective

2 – 4

Leo

Sol

Fire, Confident, Calm, Leadership

4 – 6

Virgo

Mercury

Earth, Problem solving, Practical

6 – 8 PM

Libra

Venus

Air, Connecting, Dinner, Joy, Harmony

8 – 10

Scorpio

Mars

Water, Passion, Striking

10 – 12

Sagittarius

Jupiter

Fire, Uniting opposites, Movement

12 – 2

Capricorn

Saturn

Earth, Midnight, Hard working to rise

2 – 4

Aquarius

Saturn

Air, Open to new ideas, Processing

4 – 6

Pisces

Jupiter

Water, Sensitive, Dreams

Let's say you want to do candlemagick to influence someone.

Based on this table, you could then FOR EXAMPLE:
  • write a spell in the first hour (between 6-8 AM)

Because you are starting this project
  • connect it to your target in the third hour (10-12 AM)

Because the mind is open to communication
  • empower the spell in the fifth (2-4 PM)

Because you feel the confidence and calm of midday
  • prepare your candle in the 8th or 9th (8-12 PM)

Because you are working to strike and move your target
  • perform your spell in the 11th or 12th (2-6 AM)

Because they are open to new ideas and influences

Makes sense?

Reaction score
Awards
Indeed, Aquarius hour will come in handy.

A Kerubic Invoking Air LRP with full LVX signs and parting the veil, Invoking Mars LRH again with LVX signs.
Candles annointed with the hotfoot oil, and paying a visit to anoint the outside of the spots, as a magical link to wither the business managers jobs.
Post automatically merged:

So .. admitting points of my ignorance here, we are about to go into 83% waxing crescent to go into full moon in Gemini. Mars is currently in Gemini. However, planets are scattered elsewhere bu fall between Capricorn and Taurus on the side of the chart of current transits.
The moon hour starts in three minutes. (Luna)
Therefore, it probably wont occur during this hour but could go in Mars hour.
So, if one is delivering a curse, Saturn in Aquarius, Pluto on Capricorn:Aquarius; how does one figure this from the planetary and zodiacal hours to deliver an effective curse, even if the energy is there and the written curse is pulp fiction equivalency?

Last edited: