• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF 21st Century Mage: Bring the Divine Down to Earth - Jason Newcomb (Abramelin)

Share a PDF of a book.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
"Build Your Own Abramelin Operation"

(is what I'd have titled it). This book is great despite the cover; the trad Abramelin broken down into a template/framework that lets you swap out the parts you need to (inc multiple suggestions for what you can do instead of Abrahamic prayer). Made some of the Protocols in GoM's Magickal Destiny make sense to me.

51idwQK4Y8L._SY342_.jpg

For the first time since its initial translation into English at the turn of the century, Jason Newcomb has reinterpreted the sacred magic of Abramelin the Mage into a completely relevant program for contemporary seekers. In the thirt-yone chapters of 21st Century Mage , Newcomb has reinvented the "Knowledge and Conversation of Your Holy Guardian Angel" ritual. He lays out a course of practice and prayer and introduces a whole new generation to the Crowleyan esthetic.

Thought to be the simplest and most effective explanation of secret Western doctrine, The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, a 15th century text, laid the foundation for the nineteenth century occult group, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and set young Aleister Crowley on his spiritual quest. This is the book that served as the cornerstone of Crowley's lifelong practice.

Newcomb's hip, nondenominational reinterpretation requires only openness to the universe and a yearning for understanding and transcendental knowledge. Jason Newcomb combines ideas and exercises from writers through the ages with the Abramelin techniques he himself has used.

BUY
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

DOWNLOAD
Post automatically merged:

A double-page spread is missing from the scan. Chapter 14. Here is the missing text:

You may have noticed that all of the practices I have discussed have a number of things in common. All of them require concentration, and all of them carry you into an altered state of mind. The goal of all of these practices is the same: uniting your consciousness with that of the Holy Guardian Angel. Each of them takes a slightly different approach, and depending on your temperament or natural inclination, one or another of them may be most appropriate for you. Even a combination of the different techniques might be the best method for you - for instance, a yoga practice in the morning, and a magical ritual in the evening. There is no hard-and-fast rule, but there is one supreme method for the Knowledge and Conversation of your Holy Guardian Angel; it is, in fact, the true secret of the operation, and you can attain it with any of the practices I described in the previous chapters.

The supreme method for the Knowledge and Conversation of your Holy Guardian Angel is silence. Only in silence will you be able to hear the gentle whispers of your Angel and find him in the darkness. You cannot force silence to happen, it must simply come. All of the techniques that I have delineated can and will lead to this silence, but you must allow them to do so. If one or another of the techniques upsets or confounds you, it may not be appropriate for you to use at this time in your life.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
51idwQK4Y8L._SY425_.jpg

For the first time since its initial translation into English at the turn of the century, Jason Newcomb has reinterpreted the sacred magic of Abramelin the Mage into a completely relevant program for contemporary seekers. In the thirtyone chapters of 21st Century Mage , Newcomb has reinvented the "Knowledge and Conversation of Your Holy Guardian Angel" ritual. He lays out a course of practice and prayer and introduces a whole new generation to the Crowleyan esthetic.

Thought to be the simplest and most effective explanation of secret Western doctrine, The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, a 15th century text, laid the foundation for the nineteenth century occult group, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and set young Aleister Crowley on his spiritual quest. This is the book that served as the cornerstone of Crowley's lifelong practice.

Newcomb's hip, nondenominational reinterpretation requires only openness to the universe and a yearning for understanding and transcendental knowledge. Describing himself as a skeptical and pragmatic mystic, Newcomb shows how drug abuse, sexual compulsion, overeating, fanaticism in all its permutations, are all misplaced yearnings for the "Knowledge and Conversation of Your Holy Guardian Angel."

Jason Newcomb combines ideas and exercises from writers through the ages with the Abramelin techniques he himself has used to lose weight and quit smoking.

Buy:

Post automatically merged:

Thank you for merging these.

Gotta say, I do a search before posting anything so if the earlier post has been properly titled, there wouldn't have been a doubling.

Last edited:

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Gotta say, I do a search before posting anything so if the earlier post has been properly titled, there wouldn't have been a doubling.

It is titled correctly, I'm pretty certain! I titled it "21st Century Mage: Bring the Divine Down to Earth - Jason Newcomb" with "Abramelin" in brackets afterwards in case anyone did a search for that (ie the title of this merged post was mine). My cutesy Build Your Own Abramelin paraphrase is in the body of the post, not the title.

Defending my honour but not maligning you: I've also had the experience of creating a double share or request when I swear I've done a proper search first. I'm not sure how it happens tbh.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It is titled correctly, I'm pretty certain! I titled it "21st Century Mage: Bring the Divine Down to Earth - Jason Newcomb" with "Abramelin" in brackets afterwards in case anyone did a search for that (ie the title of this merged post was mine). My cutesy Build Your Own Abramelin paraphrase is in the body of the post, not the title.

Defending my honour but not maligning you: I've also had the experience of creating a double share or request when I swear I've done a proper search first. I'm not sure how it happens tbh.
Yes, sorry, my bad. So blinded by antipodean-induced rage (I'm sure you understand!), I didn't realise that the paraphrase wasn't the title until after I logged out and the penny dropped. Not sure what the issue with the search function is; it's not impossible that I put a superfluous "e" on the end of Newcomb but I cannot be certain.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Two valued uploaders talking shop :)

Anyway, the search function is ok, I think. I always try to correct wrongly spelled names or titles but some must have gotten through... anyway, I'm closing this thread now; just use "Suggestions" if you want to discuss uploading.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Two valued uploaders talking shop :)

Anyway, the search function is ok, I think. I always try to correct wrongly spelled names or titles but some must have gotten through... anyway, I'm closing this thread now; just use "Suggestions" if you want to discuss uploading.
Please don't close book shares as users need to be able to reply to post mirrors and/or notify when links are down/not working properly (only allowed discussions on book shares).