• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

5 Rivers of the Greek Underworld and the Planets

haughn

Visitor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any literature (myths or grimoires) that aligns the 5 rivers of the Greek underworld with the 7 classical planets. Ideally, I am looking for precedence that links the 5 rivers of Hades with the Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.
Considering these names are mostly Roman, and the rivers of Hades are Greek... I doubt there's any astrological relation between the planets (under those names) that can be found.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
Considering the syncretism between the cultures, the question stands.

Okay, let me rephrase: You would have to find relations between the Rivers and the respective Greek Gods - of which there is none that I can find currently to speak on. I suggest you read on the myths about the creation of the Rivers - and by extension Hades as a realm - to understand more about them.

It may help to know what the purpose of the search is to better help direct you, as you are asking a very specific question that has a very specific answer.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I don't believe there are any traditional correspondences, and just reading about the rivers, it's hard to make them fit

River of Fire would be Mars, but the rest... would probably all be Saturn, if anything.

If this is important to you, you'll need to UPG it I reckon - decide the correspondences that make sense for yourself