• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Accumulation of Power

darangal

Neophyte
Reaction score
I find that freedom is the highest ideal worthy of pursuit. To that end, power in my experience is the most effective tool to achieve freedom.
Power can be seen in many contexts and has countless applications.

Most commonly power is considered in two contexts social power and domination power.

Social power covers exercise of authority via social position or status, pressure to conform behavior or lifestyle to social norms, and natural compulsions to seek status.

Domination power can be exercised in social contexts and through the use of social status but it is different in that it is entirely intentional. To dominate is to bend something, anything to the will or desire of the person, entity, or group exercising power.

These are loose definitions to provide some guidance as to what I refer to when I speak about power, please do not waste time reading deeply into the definitions or attempting to indoctrinate myself or others into another system of thinking.

My purpose in creating this thread is to ask a question.

How can we, I, or anyone gather power? Furthermore with whatever power one may possess what can be done to keep it?

This question covers a lot of ground and I welcome any answer. Personally I want to have absolute power, be it in small scale or the totality of existence. Not sure why psychologically but such a thing would or could transcend whatever concept of humanity any single person has.

Pardon my pretentiousness, I feel consumed by greed as I write this thread. Greed & fear.

Reaction score
Awards
Afraid to dash your hopes, but that is a very, very expansive quest.
Sure, you might find out about people,. stalk them, and turn factors against them, but people are resiliant and forces beyond you might like them better than they like you.
Furthermore, give and receive. Sowing and reaping. A very basic universal principle at play with its own chains of cause and effect.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
How can we, I, or anyone gather power?
The simplest means is to have the strongest bodies in the locality:

• physical
  • emotional
  • mental
  • buddhic/heart
  • atmic/will
  • monadic/human-spirit
  • logoic

But those are only sub-bodies of the Cosmic Physical body.

Then there is the Cosmic Astral body etc

My own view is that right relationship is much more effective and does not attract challengers

Reaction score
Awards
I wouldn’t even bother defining the difference between the two types of power you posted above. It’s just varying decrees of the same thing. And can be achieved 80% of the time by an observant person some pop psychology 101.

-Eld
Post automatically merged:

Power and freedom are not the same thing. On some levels they are mutually exclusive of each other (after a fashion).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps review the thread here The 48 Laws of Power.

Are you RHP or LHP?

If RHP, perhaps initiate into the Tree of Life. Rufus Opus' book Seven Spheres may be in the Book Shares.

If LHP perhaps initiate into the Qlippoth. That seems to be the easy route to power, spending a week in each initiation.

Anziel_Merkaba

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The 'types' of power you listed are the same type, just to different degrees. The basis of all power is force and it's application.

Money, charisma, violence... these are all types of power. For money, you can gain it either legitimately or illicitly through various means. For charisma, you can study and practice speaking and psychology, as well as learning how to read body language or build social connections. For violence, martial arts are a good start, guns and ammo are effective but limited for legitimate uses, and blunt or bladed implements are quite effective while also less likely to immediately get you arrested when used.

In reality to be truly powerful in the way that you want, you need all three things to become unshakable. But you also need the prudence and wisdom to not create weaknesses for yourself. If you earn money through illicit means and fail to cover your tracks properly, your castle will crumble as the foundation is cracked. If you use violence to coerce and intimidate, someone with greater violence like a gun can stop you dead. If you use charisma to manipulate people without regard for subtlety you will be branded a liar or a schemer and lose social connections. The trick is to build wealth with legitimate business, network with people who can strengthen your position or hinder opponents, and be able to protect yourself from threats of violence.

These principles are the same on all planes, not just the mundane. The trick is to know how to apply them.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The Princess Bride Storm Area 51 GIF by filmeditor

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
You can't have absolute power. After all, that is what was so revolutionary about monotheism - instead of a squabbling pantheon working at cross purposes, you get one supreme being, which means that the top rung is already occupied. The LHP is all about self-deification, I'm told, which theoretically means that there are already (or will be) other gods, so no absolute power in that model either. And if you're an atheist, you're still left with a mortal and vulnerable human body that has any number of needs, which means no absolute freedom and no potential godlike power either.

What you can have is maximum relative power. There is no easy answer as to how to gain that power, I think. If I remember my Castaneda correctly, power is not so much accumulated but saved by stopping to waste energy, e.g. by foregoing certain habits like an insistance on self-centeredness and self-importance but typically for Castaneda, he offers grand ideas and concepts but fails to describe any practical method for implementing them.

I am an introspective kind of guy, so my first counterquestion would be: "Why do you think you're powerless?" The need to use more and more power out there in the world involves a never-ending struggle that ultimately takes away from the enjoyment of freedom. Forever defending and conquering, conquering and defending limits your freedom, I'd say, even if you always come out the winner.

For me, freedom is ensured by a combination of fierce independence of mind, resilience, self-confidence and, yes, power, but more as a potential that I am able exercise whenever there is some urgent need, some situation that requires decisive and direct intervention.

And the thing about greed is that it can never be satisfied - the more you have of a thing, the more you want of it, and if that doesn't limit your freedom, I don't know what does.

Viktor

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
What a brilliant post!

Power is in the people!
You want to gather as many people to your cause as possible.
To retain power, don't drive them away.

The most powerful people in human history including today are those who obtain power trough people.
Money, wealth, status and everything else then comes on its own as a byproduct of your presence.

Reaction score
Awards
Then there is the man who wanted to be the King of the USA .. Trump.
He had money and charisma. Most of his money was from the Ukrainian mob and the American mob and shady Panama real estate deals, but he eventually became a POTUS, the pinnacle of power.
Yet, how he fell from heaven is very well known.

Mannimarco

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
If you are consumed by greed and fear, I'd suggest that seeking absolute power is not going to go very well, and focusing on healing, shadow work, and meditation is what is going to be helpful to you now.
Also, do not under any circumstances start initiating through the qliphoth in this state, as it will simply destroy you. The sephiroth might be productive.

Reaction score
Awards
Fear is failure, and knowledge is power. Perhaps if you are seeking power above all, a classical education may help you out greatly. Read the classic authors Greco-Roman and before Greco-Roman and beyond. Criticize them greatly, as if what would you do in their shoes.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
How can we, I, or anyone gather power?
Greatest power one can have is power over oneself, and this is a lifelong task that is monumental in scale. Once you have mastered your subconscious you can shape your reality however you please, and you might find older and pettier desires such as having power over others die, with new desires or no desires taking its place.

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The things you own end up owning you. That is not freedom.

The only power that will lead you to freedom is power over yourself.

Now, if you truly want to enslave yourself, then join me in forming a secret society designed to manipulate and control local economies, governments, and churches.