• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Advice on Acrylic nails?

wibago

Visitor
Reaction score
Ok, so I have really short, bitten, gross nails... I'm not very knowledgeable on fake nails and my idea of a manicure is putting on another layer of cheap black nail polish when it starts to chip haha.

I have my sisters Graduation this Friday night, want to look nice for it, and I'm also pretty fed up with my hideous nails.

I've had acrylic nails once before, it broke the nail biting habit for a while but the ones I had last time were really long and annoying, I couldn't do anything with them. Also don't plan to keep getting them re-done, just once to let my nails recover underneath.

I play guitar so I would prefer to have them as short as possible so I don't have to sacrifice guitar for pretty nails.
Plus I have a feeling long nails will get in the way of gripping when lifting?

I'm not sure what the best option is for short but still nice looking fake nails... mine are beyond manicuring. Acrylic or Gel? Is it possible to do them shorter (not talon length) and on bitten nails?
Post automatically merged:

Ok, so I have really short, bitten, gross nails... I'm not very knowledgeable on fake nails and my idea of a manicure is putting on another layer of cheap black nail polish when it starts to chip haha.

I have my sisters Graduation this Friday night, want to look nice for it, and I'm also pretty fed up with my hideous nails.

I've had acrylic nails once before, it broke the nail biting habit for a while but the ones I had last time were really long and annoying, I couldn't do anything with them. Also don't plan to keep getting them re-done, just once to let my nails recover underneath.

I play guitar so I would prefer to have them as short as possible so I don't have to sacrifice guitar for pretty nails.
Plus I have a feeling long nails will get in the way of gripping when lifting?
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I'm not sure what the best option is for short but still nice looking fake nails... mine are beyond manicuring. Acrylic or Gel? Is it possible to do them shorter (not talon length) and on bitten nails?
Any advice would be great! thanks in advance

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You could try conjuring Asmodeus. I have zero experience there but I remember reading that he taught humans about cosmetics. Also, I read he is the "dandy" among demons, so careful there.

I figure if anyone on this site actually has fingernails, they are bitten like yours or they color them over with a black Sharpie. Wish I could be more help.

Reaction score
I am new here but I used to get acrylic nails until I got a bad fungal infection. A friend recommended a shellac treatment instead with a manicure as an alternative about 11 years ago and I’ve been getting them as much as I can ever since and I’ve never had acrylics since then. They are natural and they look and feel so much better. Oh and they keep me from biting my nails which is the reason why I started getting the acrylics as a teenager lol, but they were ao cumbersome and always had stuff stuck underneath so badly they were infected. I don’t have that issue with my shellac, ask for a shellac treatment instead :)