• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Advice to new practitioners

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Find balance in your magical practices, emotionally and mentally.

don’t jump into the shiniest new age bs you find or spend thousands of dollars to become initiated into some African system that someone tells you will make you all powerful.

Balg is a cool place with cool practitioners but the dark arts are for people who have some real control over their darker side, if you don’t have emotional balance the spirits can really mess with you especially the demonic type. If you suffer from say mental issues then the lower vibration spirits can really increase these issues.

Also pick a system or spirit you’re actually ready to devote time to, don’t pick 10 spirits who’s altar you’ll forget to service. The spirits will either ignore you or in some cases get annoyed and punish you.

also this is my opinion, try to find a established system, these new age systems coming out promise new secrets that nobody knows, I just roll my eyes and go...oh ok...sure buddy. Some systems talking about universal nonsense are just rehashed Illuminati crap, same Thing happened in the French Revolution, they tried to replace God with woo woo and man being God and it always ends bad.

again...be emotionally balanced, take some time n put on pleasant music and read some magic text 9r listen to an established teacher, you will be surprised to all the things that come to your mind while doing this

for example, I enjoy listening to a few kaballah teachers, I’ll put on some music and it’s like a light bulb comes on, I’ll start typing out notes, this is true even for dead teachers...you meditate on their name and messages come from deep within.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I would add: find and read books. Like holy shit, there's so many texts and other resources out there on sites like WF and even on some of the facebook groups I've been in. Like, the actual chitchat might be garbage, but if you can find and read books you'll be able to answer a lot of the "dumb beginner questions" by yourself.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to add something to the mix. Go with your intuition first, and then ask the Spirit for guidance. Also, be very respectful to the Spirit, and built a relationship with whomever your Guide is. Many blessings on your journey.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I would add: find and read books. Like holy shit, there's so many texts and other resources out there on sites like WF and even on some of the facebook groups I've been in. Like, the actual chitchat might be garbage, but if you can find and read books you'll be able to answer a lot of the "dumb beginner questions" by yourself.
Yeah, a lot of books are cheap too

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Guys later me just reiterate don’t fall for new age woohoo, legit spiritualism is so hard to find, me N the God king, etc were all beginners once

dont fall for some guy telling you he talks to God and has all the answers, IMO all systems, religions, etc have a path to God...or back to God, but we live several life times and take baby steps. Look at Christianity...Christianity is like taking baby steps, you’re told be good or you’ll burn in hell...then you dig deeper and you learn God doesn't Burn anyone in hell forever, it’s mostly you punishing yourself, all the guilt, addictions, etc are things you must face in the afterlife and it’s “burned” away. But the heavier the guilt, diet you have sometimes you’re burned till nothings left.

if you were told that would you suddenly run around and rape, murder and commit adultery?

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'll add...

You will make mistakes. There's no perfect run whether your in the learning curve or have advanced. There will be times when you won't get any results whilst others are. There will be times you mess up rituals and stuff and have horrible nightmares. There will be times when you would get frustrated and depressed. There will be times when you do a spell and the opposite manifests.

You win some you lose some. Bottom line is you have to be strong, committed and consistent!

Eclipse

Neophyte
Reaction score
Always be willing and able to ask yourself questions which will challenge your beliefs, sacred cows and overturn your entire world view.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'll add...

You will make mistakes. There's no perfect run whether your in the learning curve or have advanced. There will be times when you won't get any results whilst others are. There will be times you mess up rituals and stuff and have horrible nightmares. There will be times when you would get frustrated and depressed. There will be times when you do a spell and the opposite manifests.

You win some you lose some. Bottom line is you have to be strong, committed and consistent!
I think I ran though a whole lotta bs before settling with one spirit and a few good friends who taught me some legitimate truths.