• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Ahriman and Ahura Mazda

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
I recall on another forum, when Lady Eva was keeping a journal on esoteric projects in her life, and one time was on a project to be intimate with Ahriman.

But how many people try to get in contact with Ahura Mazda, and how would one even start?

I would like to know as later in life I want to get serious with evocation, and evoke the old gods. This Persian pantheon doesn't give much info.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I recall on another forum, when Lady Eva was keeping a journal on esoteric projects in her life, and one time was on a project to be intimate with Ahriman.

But how many people try to get in contact with Ahura Mazda, and how would one even start?

I would like to know as later in life I want to get serious with evocation, and evoke the old gods. This Persian pantheon doesn't give much info.
Traditionally, the Zoroastrians held you had to be born into their creed.

That aside, maybe see what Oswald Spengler has to say about, "second religiosity" being a dead end both spiritually and culturally. It becomes a kind of cosplay cultivating a new pantheon every couple years. Believe me I know; I've played at that. Pick some one striking, staggering, sometimes stinking thing and stick with it.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, like I've said a time or two before, when I get to the Evocation level, I'm going balls too the wall on it, evoking every god and goddess under the sun.
Points taken however ... Celtic is my heritage, so there's that.

Wintruz

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Traditionally, the Zoroastrians held you had to be born into their creed.
This law was a concession to the Islamic rulers of Persia who were worried that the natives would try to revert to their ethnic religion. In its original form, Zoroastrianism was considered to be the appropriate religion for all Aryans/Nobles and there was an attempt to promote its practice among the Scythians and Greeks (see Joseph Bidez and Franz Cumont, Les Mages Hellénisés).
I was a member of the governing council of the Occidental Temple of the Wise Lord, a Western Zoroastrian order. Ahura Mazda is manifest in wisdom, strength and true magia. The principle is identifiable with consciousness and the numinous. You do not approach it as a Christian would God but you attempt to apprehend Ahura Mazda's presence in its manifestations (this is why Zoroastrians were sometimes accused of worshipping fire). Stephen Flowers' The Good Religion and Original Magic are the two best books for Westerners at the beginning of their path.

There are deep connections with the Celtic tradition (especially The Dagda) but I cannot impress on you strongly enough just how much better served you will be if you pick a thing and stick with it no matter what moods, fancy ideas or distractions come up. There are deep moral incompatibilities between Zoroastrianism and Hoodoo for example and immortality invites a violent response from Ahura Mazda. This is not a principle that will let you do whatever you want to do; He will hold you to a high standard of virtue and personal excellence. As a principle of sovereign consciousness, it is also a dishonour to the presence of Ahura Mazda to not
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Post automatically merged:

*immorality, not immortality.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
This law was a concession to the Islamic rulers of Persia who were worried that the natives would try to revert to their ethnic religion. In its original form, Zoroastrianism was considered to be the appropriate religion for all Aryans/Nobles and there was an attempt to promote its practice among the Scythians and Greeks (see Joseph Bidez and Franz Cumont, Les Mages Hellénisés).

I was a member of the governing council of the Occidental Temple of the Wise Lord, a Western Zoroastrian order. Ahura Mazda is manifest in wisdom, strength and true magia. The principle is identifiable with consciousness and the numinous. You do not approach it as a Christian would God but you attempt to apprehend Ahura Mazda's presence in its manifestations (this is why Zoroastrians were sometimes accused of worshipping fire). Stephen Flowers' The Good Religion and Original Magic are the two best books for Westerners at the beginning of their path.

There are deep connections with the Celtic tradition (especially The Dagda) but I cannot impress on you strongly enough just how much better served you will be if you pick a thing and stick with it no matter what moods, fancy ideas or distractions come up. There are deep moral incompatibilities between Zoroastrianism and Hoodoo for example and immortality invites a violent response from Ahura Mazda. This is not a principle that will let you do whatever you want to do; He will hold you to a high standard of virtue and personal excellence. As a principle of sovereign consciousness, it is also a dishonour to the presence of Ahura Mazda to not
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Post automatically merged:

*immorality, not immortality.
I stand corrected.