• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion Alchemy of Programming. Hamlet Guildencrantz

Talk about a book(s)

hamletunknown

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello! I really want to know what do you think about this book?
I like the idea that digital world and astral reality live together.
What do you think about alchemy?
Did you hear about C. G. Jung alchemy books?
The book Alchemy of Programming has never told ideas and I would like to hear what do you people think about it?

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Alchemical study isn't in my bag, or at least hasn't been something that I've read or digested much of in 30+ years. As someone that spends a significant amount of time debugging code, I'm having a hard time really grasping the concept short of the few parallels drawn in your document, of which we might say the same things about say, sciences and engineering, etc,.

I'm curious how to draw the conclusion that the digital world and astral reality "live together". I might need a clearer understanding of that statement. The Astral, Ethereal, and Physical planes have specific interrelationships. I guess I could see virtual realities as something we experience with our imagination and perhaps could assist with creation of thought-forms but I'm curious about the idea that a digital reality is some new world that lives together with the astral. The Digital World to me, is very deterministic except where there might be bugs, or we're given specific creative license in the form of generating content but I don't see the digital world as influencing the physical however... as we expose the digital world, and programs we do know that they can influence our emotions, they can generate content in the real world (i.e. 3d Printing), but how does that translate to programming having a relationship with Alchemy?

Perhaps I'm thinking too close mindedly.

It's an interesting start. I'm not entirely sold on the idea but more specifically because you've only discussed a few parallels and, at the moment, I fail to see how identifying these correlations can benefit either the alchemist or the programmer.

P.s. Link to your book for anyone curious....

hamletunknown

Visitor
Reaction score
Alchemical study isn't in my bag, or at least hasn't been something that I've read or digested much of in 30+ years. As someone that spends a significant amount of time debugging code, I'm having a hard time really grasping the concept short of the few parallels drawn in your document, of which we might say the same things about say, sciences and engineering, etc,.

I'm curious how to draw the conclusion that the digital world and astral reality "live together". I might need a clearer understanding of that statement. The Astral, Ethereal, and Physical planes have specific interrelationships. I guess I could see virtual realities as something we experience with our imagination and perhaps could assist with creation of thought-forms but I'm curious about the idea that a digital reality is some new world that lives together with the astral. The Digital World to me, is very deterministic except where there might be bugs, or we're given specific creative license in the form of generating content but I don't see the digital world as influencing the physical however... as we expose the digital world, and programs we do know that they can influence our emotions, they can generate content in the real world (i.e. 3d Printing), but how does that translate to programming having a relationship with Alchemy?

Perhaps I'm thinking too close mindedly.

It's an interesting start. I'm not entirely sold on the idea but more specifically because you've only discussed a few parallels and, at the moment, I fail to see how identifying these correlations can benefit either the alchemist or the programmer.

P.s. Link to your book for anyone curious....
Thank you for reading my book.
Very interesting point from you.
I want to explain myself.

Alchemy is not only chemistry or symbolism.
Alchemy was the beginning of Western Esoterism.
In that point you can see that chemistry, symbolism, astral projection are parts of something more. It's something more is Western Esoterism. That began with Alchemy.

Astral projection is a part of Alchemy.

Of course pop culture of modern Esoterism shows it like astral projections is a new way of Esoterism. And of course it's not true.
People had dreams all the time at any time of history.
Every day you see dreams.

And Alchemy includes symbols of our world, our nature, our dreams.
But not only symbols it describes those symbols.

Modern Esoterism is not so modern as it shown in popular culture of Esoterism.

For example read about how was designed new age. It is very interesting to know that we have ancient Esoterism and it is an Alchemy.

If you want to see "debugs" and practical side of Alchemy IN programming. Don't worry, this book is only introduction.

I'm planning to write a new book "Alchemy-Oriented Programming". It will contain more alchemy and will be more practical from programming side. It's a new type of programming and this idea is for another book that I already named.

Thank you for reading! Have a nice day!
Good luck!