• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

All About the Wand

Reaction score
Awards
I have seen and used various pieces of wood, some of the best finds are those nature handed to me noticing it after a storm.
However, a wand is just a stick until you make it your wand, and I see a trend with use of crystals at the tip of the wand, in which case for the Outer Order Wand of Double Power, one would need a sunstone and a tourmaline/shungite attached to each end with wire or dried clay or whatnot.

What is your wand like?

Mine appears to be Oak or Pine, and on the invoking end has three knobs, like a mitre wand. Both sides were snapped, so thinking of affixing a crystal on each end to display the significance of the tip of each side on the wand. It is unpainted, and extension of my fingertips.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: All About Wands ...?
SUBTOPIC: ≈ Fabrication?
⁜→ et al,

No wand that you buy premade, will have a direct connection to you. You must want to create your own --- with care and craftsmanship.

I know that there are a great many "wands" on the market. Some are very ornate and some have a significant price tag. BUT, a wand really has only two parts to it. It has a barrel (the stick) and a consecrated stone (the ruin).

The barrel should be crafted by the practitioner and impregnated with the practitioner's scent. The size of the barrel is not all that important. I have seen a drawing pencil hand-sanded down (very fine sandpaper) smoothing it (to the bare wood) and taking the pencil's protective coating off. Most people just suck on one end of the pencil, letting it absorb the practitioner's saliva. Then they custom-cut a piece of shrink tubing to afix over the scented area.

I have seen some people that use a finger lance (like those used to draw a drop of blood sugar testing) and place a couple of blood drops on the tip, then protect it with the shrink tubing. Again, some people use perspiration as a scent. A minor variation is when the practitioner uses a find drill bit to cut a notch in which to drop the blood.

The end is carefully capped with epoxy. But I have seen UV-sensitive adhesive (
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
) which is very similar to what a dentist might use. You might notice that some of the pricey wands attach some amulet or charm to the end of the wand.

NOW - THE HARD PART

The best and easiest place to get consecrated material is at a cemetery, which is consecrated and hallowed ground. Practically speaking - you can to the cemetery and place flowers on the grave of a war veteran, or some other fallen in the line of duty. Place the flowers and say a prayer for the brave. If you plant the flower on the grave, you collect few ounces of dirt and/or pebbles. Fix them to the While you can buy a complete set of Wicca Gem Stones and Crystals, nothing in that set can beat a small, washed pebble from the grave of one of your family (Ancestrally Charged).

The dirt (a very small amount) is mixed in with the varnish or stain (or anything you might use) that will be used to treat the remainder of the exposed part of the wand.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Post automatically merged:

⁜→ et al,
(FOLLOW-UP)

One of my acolytes reminded me that the barrel does not have to be solid wood. In fact, it does not have to be wood at all. It can be aluminum, plastic, or any tube made from organic substances.

Also, I was corrected on the matter of consecrated ground. Although taking a small amount of material of relative (my father was a WWII war veteran) begins to engage an ancestral line, there are a couple more sanctified sources. Some of these sources are (but not limited to):

◈ The baptismal water blessed by a Master, Magus or the Ordained.​
◈ Holy water from a church.​
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
.​

It was also brought to my attention that in assembling/construction when you start, it is with an incantation to the forces in the universe.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
What is your wand like?
Mine is made of hazel. Came from Aaron Lietch and followed all guideliness according to the Key of Solomon.

No wand that you buy premade, will have a direct connection to you. You must want to create your own --- with care and craftsmanship.
Yes indeed. I re-concecrated my solomonic wand for this purpose.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
⁜→ William66, et al,

In that regard, you are definitely several steps ahead of me. I guess I should have mentioned that upfront. I agree the Hazel Wood and prayer are considered to be the original construction. William66 has got a great point.

This being done, thou shalt say:

ADONAI, Most Holy, deign to bless and to consecrate this Wand, and
this Staff, that they may obtain the necessary virtue, through Thee, 0
Most Holy ADONAI, Whose kingdom endureth unto the Ages of the Ages.

Amen.
Mine is made of hazel. Came from Aaron Lietch and followed all guideliness according to the Key of Solomon.
Yes indeed. I re-concecrated my solomonic wand for this purpose.
(COMMENT)

You are the only one I've heard of that followed the Solomon Design. The "Key" design, depends on how you read the translations. If there were every. The ORIGINAL KEY OF SOLOMON is much older that the LEMEGETON CLAVICULA SALOMONIS RENDITION (
AKA: The Lesser Key of Solomon from the 1400s).

And if my honesty prevails, I've never really studied in detail either the "Key" or the "Lesser Key." For that matter, I've not read King Solomons Grimoire (� Ars Notoria • The Notory Art of Solomon). I've just skipped over the majority of the contents and zero'ed in on just what was of interest at the time.

But I would like to share this passage (
from the end of Book I) with you from "The Key:"

Furthermore, let the Master appoint his Disciples to carry the things necessary for the Art.
The First shall bear the Censer, the Fire, and the Incense.
The Second; the Book, the Paper, the Pens, the Ink, and the various Perfumes.
The Third; the Knife, and the Sickle.
The Master; the Staff, and the Wand.
But if there be more Disciples present, the Master shall distribute the things for each to carry,
according to their number.
I have the distinct impression that the "Master" (AKA: High Priest • High Pristess of a Coven) carried a "staff" and "wand." (That is according to The Key.). But when we come to the Renaissance Period (the time of the ground work for the Lesser Key), we do not see that impression.

Well, I've probably bored you enough,

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Reaction score
Awards
In The Complete Golden Dawn Initiate by Stephen Ashe, there is an interesting stanza in the Invocation of Jupiter (Tzedek).

"Tzedek! Tzedek! Tzedek!
Star of the Magi! Sphere of Expansion! Unto you we raise our arms, that we may be lifted up!
For in you is eternal Mercy abundant, and the grace of the righteous is Yours to bestow!
Tzedek! Tzedek! Tzedek!
Irresistible light, come down from the stars, unto the woodlands, where the Hazel tree grows!
For there we may cut ourselves a staff, that we may be sure of our footsteps before Thee!"

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Irresistible light, come down from the stars, unto the woodlands, where the Hazel tree grows!

Some individual trees do anchor energy from particular stars/planets. If such a tree were willing to give some of its wood, that might well make a wand that attracts those energies

Over my back fence, one tree anchors energy from Sirius and another from Venus.