• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Alternative Banishing Rituals To the LBRP

K_monad

Visitor
Reaction score
Hey there! The LBRP was the first banishing ritual I encountered while studying ritual magick years ago. I quickly memorized it and started practicing it daily. After some time and frustration, I felt the the process was failing me because of my lack of connection with the tradition/names called out. I discovered the method outlined in Stealing the Fire From Heaven and use it to this day for its simplicity. I'm curious if anyone has had the same issue with the LBRP and found something else that works for them.

Thank you.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
I personally never did the LBRP, as I had a variety of types of cleansing methods, but I have come across rituals like
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and my last major group made our own. As long as you find something that works for you, the cleansing act of itself is what's important.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The Sword Banishing Ritual in Damon Brand's Magickal Protection. It uses rather obscure Kabbalistic angels about whom almost nothing is known but I've found that the sound of these angel names alone has an appreciable effect, no matter whether they posses a cool 'backstory' or not. These sounds go extremely well with the visualized imagery when intoned with conviction.

I would also recommend the Gnostic Pentagram Ritual as suggested by @Khoren_ for its additional energizing effect.