• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

An Astral Projection method which worked for me

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I call this technique: Watch Yourself While Going To Sleep.
This method helped me to have an AP many years ago. I hope it would help others too.
So it goes like this:

Lie down comfortably on your back, facing the ceiling. Dim down the lights and relax by using
any relaxation technique described above. Clear your mind of unwanted thoughts and let yourself
go limp. Let yourself relax completely. Relax even more.

Tell yourself that you are going to watch yourself in the act of going to sleep. You must be very
clear about your intent. You're going to let your body sleep while your mind will remain alert
throughout the entire process. Tell yourself you will retain consciousness even while your body
is going to be in a complete "trance".

As you relax completely, you must learn to recognize the rather strange, distinctive sensations
you feel as your body moves into the sleep state. You MUST stay aware as this unfolds. At a
certain point, you'll realize that you're in a hypnogogic state. (state between waking and sleeping)
After some time, you will feel that your body is feeling heavy and numb. You are on the right
track! Pay close attention to all your bodily sensations. You may feel yourself swaying or
floating. You might even find certain parts of your body tingling. There might be vibrations
running from your head to toe. You might even hear a strong buzzing sensation in your ears.
Whatever the sensations, do not panic as these are very good signals that you are on the verge of
experiencing an OOBE.

You have to then visualize that you are rising up from your bed and floating towards the ceiling.
How would it feel if you could actually float? Try to make the experience as real as possible.
Hold this image for as long as you can. If everything goes on well, you might suddenly find
yourself outside the body, floating near the ceiling!

If you have trouble visualizing yourself rising up, the following suggestions might help:
• Imagine flying in an airplane or balloon that is taking you higher and higher
• Imagine a boat swaying lazily in a calm river. You are lying in that boat, relaxing!
• Imagine yourself being carried away by a cloud
• Imagine you are in an elevator that is rising up slowly…
• Imagine you are a leaf that is being carried away by the wind
• Imagine sliding up or down an escalator.

The above suggestions will make it easier to give you the floating sensation that is so crucial to
your success.
Some visualizations techniques to help you rise up are:
  • imagine you are flying in a balloon in the sky
  • imagine you are a little cloud in the sky
floating

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've used the rising technique and ended up...somewhere outside this physical realm. A good sign? I think so. Very good technique. I will use your suggestions as guidance.

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I call this technique: Watch Yourself While Going To Sleep.
This method helped me to have an AP many years ago. I hope it would help others too.
So it goes like this:

Lie down comfortably on your back, facing the ceiling. Dim down the lights and relax by using
any relaxation technique described above. Clear your mind of unwanted thoughts and let yourself
go limp. Let yourself relax completely. Relax even more.

Tell yourself that you are going to watch yourself in the act of going to sleep. You must be very
clear about your intent. You're going to let your body sleep while your mind will remain alert
throughout the entire process. Tell yourself you will retain consciousness even while your body
is going to be in a complete "trance".

As you relax completely, you must learn to recognize the rather strange, distinctive sensations
you feel as your body moves into the sleep state. You MUST stay aware as this unfolds. At a
certain point, you'll realize that you're in a hypnogogic state. (state between waking and sleeping)
After some time, you will feel that your body is feeling heavy and numb. You are on the right
track! Pay close attention to all your bodily sensations. You may feel yourself swaying or
floating. You might even find certain parts of your body tingling. There might be vibrations
running from your head to toe. You might even hear a strong buzzing sensation in your ears.
Whatever the sensations, do not panic as these are very good signals that you are on the verge of
experiencing an OOBE.

You have to then visualize that you are rising up from your bed and floating towards the ceiling.
How would it feel if you could actually float? Try to make the experience as real as possible.
Hold this image for as long as you can. If everything goes on well, you might suddenly find
yourself outside the body, floating near the ceiling!

If you have trouble visualizing yourself rising up, the following suggestions might help:
• Imagine flying in an airplane or balloon that is taking you higher and higher
• Imagine a boat swaying lazily in a calm river. You are lying in that boat, relaxing!
• Imagine yourself being carried away by a cloud
• Imagine you are in an elevator that is rising up slowly…
• Imagine you are a leaf that is being carried away by the wind
• Imagine sliding up or down an escalator.

The above suggestions will make it easier to give you the floating sensation that is so crucial to
your success.
Some visualizations techniques to help you rise up are:
  • imagine you are flying in a balloon in the sky
  • imagine you are a little cloud in the sky
floating
congrats on your method Bo. Ive done similar methods but cant get passed my bedroom most times.

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
congrats on your method Bo. Ive done similar methods but cant get passed my bedroom most times.
Yes...it takes some time, but I think for success you have to try many times and eventually stay with the method you like.

epsilon

Neophyte
Reaction score
I love that you emphasized the floating sensation. I call it soaring when I leave a room because I can go quite high but something about it feels like riding the wind or some other substance.

I used to ap a lot when I was younger consciously. Often starting with this feeling that i was rotating on my bed in a void. The past 4 weeks I've been soaring in my dreams, which was so remarkable to me. I think exercises that I've been doing during the day is repairing something that is inching me toward this facility again.