• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

An Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm most interested in the development and application of the personal forces; I'd rather not have to ask a spirit to do it for me, if that makes any sense- though spirits do fascinate me, and I think asking them for teachings is a perfectly sensible thing to do. Skills like evocation and astral projection are also on my list, alongside mysteries like psychokinesis and other maybe-possible things.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'm most interested in the development and application of the personal forces; I'd rather not have to ask a spirit to do it for me, if that makes any sense- though spirits do fascinate me, and I think asking them for teachings is a perfectly sensible thing to do. Skills like evocation and astral projection are also on my list, alongside mysteries like psychokinesis and other maybe-possible things.
Good ambition. The better sort of magi tend to emphasize development of personal power. Trading angels for demon helpers, say, simply shifts around the patterns of dependence.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Hello anotherquestioner,

What can I say about myself?

Sometimes it's fun to flip it into the negative. "What can't you say about yourself?" It's a way to tip the mind into a creative mode of thinking. It's also useful for getting past "writer's block". It's also a game for getting to know people better.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I enjoy reading about magick- theory, procedure, and experience reports alike.

Me too. Welcome, welcome.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hello anotherquestioner,

Sometimes it's fun to flip it into the negative. "What can't you say about yourself?" It's a way to tip the mind into a creative mode of thinking. It's also useful for getting past "writer's block". It's also a game for getting to know people better.

Me too. Welcome, welcome.
That's a good one. Here's a variation: what can't others say about you?

Reaction score
Well.. most of my "can't says" turn out to be pretty depressing. My life has been one of much disappointment and dissatisfaction; that is a major part of what drives me to investigate the offerings of magick.

I would hope that others could not honestly call me cruel; though I've had my bouts of foolish anger, I've never liked to think of myself as one to pursue evil for evil's sake.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
most of my "can't says" turn out to be pretty depressing. My life has been one of much disappointment and dissatisfaction

I'm sorry to hear that. It wasn't intended to be depressing.

that is a major part of what drives me to investigate the offerings of magick.

In a lot of ways magic is a craft. It's a blending of science and art. It's creative. Shifting the mind into a creative mode of thinking can be useful.

Examples using I can't say...

I can't say I'm smaller than a breadbox.
I can't say I'm a married-bachelor.
I can't say I'm holding any grudes.
I can't say I'm stupid.
I can't say I don't do stupid things.
I can't say I like fancy food.
I can't say my finger nails are trimmed.
I can't say I keep up with trends or pop-culture.
I can't say I watch the news.
I can't say I enjoy traveling.
I can't say I prioritize housework.
I can't say I'm a good dancer.

etc...

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I'm sorry to hear that. It wasn't intended to be depressing.

In a lot of ways magic is a craft. It's a blending of science and art. It's creative. Shifting the mind into a creative mode of thinking can be useful.

Examples using I can't say...

I can't say I'm smaller than a breadbox.
I can't say I'm a married-bachelor.
I can't say I'm holding any grudes.
I can't say I'm stupid.
I can't say I don't do stupid things.
I can't say I like fancy food.
I can't say my finger nails are trimmed.
I can't say I keep up with trends or pop-culture.
I can't say I watch the news.
I can't say I enjoy traveling.
I can't say I prioritize housework.
I can't say I'm a good dancer.

etc...
How about some REAL can'ts?
I can't say I'm sweet tempered.
I can't say I'm kind. (At least not to people. Dogs and cats get a pass. One with privileges.)
I can't say I'm patient.
I can't say I give a flying f*** about problems people inflict on themselves.
I can't say I think the simple fact of being born with two legs entitles one to a thing.
I can't go on, I'm tired. It's been a long day and cold.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
How about some REAL can'ts?
I can't say I'm sweet tempered.
I can't say I'm kind. (At least not to people. Dogs and cats get a pass. One with privileges.)
I can't say I'm patient.
I can't say I give a flying f*** about problems people inflict on themselves.
I can't say I think the simple fact of being born with two legs entitles one to a thing.
I can't go on, I'm tired. It's been a long day and cold.

but... can you dance? ( mega.nz download link to the video below )

Status
Not open for further replies.