• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] An underrated and overlooked Arch-Angel, who is critically important: Uriel

Informative post.
Reaction score
Awards
An underrated and overlooked Arch-Angel, who is critically important: Uriel

Alternate Names: Uriel, Ueiael, Auriel, Aurial, Arel, Urel, Aerial, Nuriel, Phanuel
Titles: Flame of God, Gos is my light, God is my flame.

Patron Saint of: The arts and sciences, art, poetry, Sacrament of Confirmation, Sunday.
Wears: Robes of Citrine, Olive, Russet and Black.
Carries: A book or scroll, a flaming sword, key to the pit, cup of the blood of Christ.
Feast Days: 11 July, 28/9 September. 8 November, 21 November.
Offerings: Black or Green candle (North, Earth), Sandalwood (Binah), Angelica root, Oats/Grains, Water/Wine.

Angel of: Sunday, wisdom, shedding light on God's truth, Master of Knowledge, Angel of Repentance, teacher and helper of Exra and Enoch, Uriel's Machine linked to worldwide flood, can cause earthquakes, keeper of beauty and light, overlooks hell/gehenna, regent of the Sun and constellations.

Intercessional Prayer:
Oh Holy Saint Uriel, intercede for us that our hearts may burn with the fire of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Assist us in co-operating with the graces of our confirmation that the gifts of the Holy Spirit may bear lots of fruit in our souls. Obtain fir us the grace to use the Sword of Truth to pare away all that is not in conformity to the most most adorable Will of God in our lives, that we may fully participate in the army of the Church Militant. Amen.

A Bead charm Prayer to Archangel Uriel
===============================
On the medal, say:
"Oh Holy Angel Saint Uriel, whose name means "God is my light", we pray that you will guide our thoughts and actions with the Light of Christ.
We ask that you guard and protect us against all the acts of Satan, who has tempted mankind since the Garden of Eden.
May you and all the choirs of Angels intercede for us before the Most Holy Trinity, that we may receive mercy and eternal life in Heaven, we ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

On the first three beads, say:
Saint Uriel, intercede for us that our hearts may burn with the fire of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Followed by 1 Our Father 1 Hail Mary 1 Glory Be

On the other nine beads, say on each the Sanctus, once I honor of each of the nine Angelic Choirs:
Choir of Angels
Choir of Archangels
Choir of Cherubim
Choir of Dominations
Choir of Powers
Choir of Principlaities
Choir of Seraphim
Choir of Thrones
Choir of Virtues
Sanctus:
Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of power and might,
Heaven and Earth are full of your Glory.
Hosanna in the Highest.

Concluding prayer - to Archangel Uriel:
Saint Uriel, 'spirit who stood at the gate of the lost eden with the fiery sword', light up our mind with the Sword of Truth so that our hearts are filled with the burning desire of love for the Holy Spirit. Protect us with your flaming sword against all evil. Amen.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have mercy on us.
We place all our trust in Thee. Amen.
Saint Uriel, archangel of Illumination, pray for us.
Amen.
Post automatically merged:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

A novena to be said for nine consecutive days:
===================================

O illustrious Saint and Archangel Uriel,
the Archangel of God's divine justice,
as you hold the heavenly scales
that weigh our lives on Earth,
I ask for you to intercede for me,
that God may forgive me all my sins.

Obtain for me the grace of the repentance and conversion of heart
that I may be spared the punishment I deserve,
Offer my prayers to God in my search for true peace
and happiness founded on truth and justice.

I pray for those who are suffering from
inhuman treatment, and those who are
dying as a result of injustice, and
those who oppressed by the manipulation
and exploitation of others.

I also pray for my less fortunate brothers and myself,
for the following intentions, specifically -
[Intentions]

Present to God the Father all these petitions through Jesus Christ our Lord,
together with the Holy Spirit forever and ever. Amen.

Saint Uriel, Archangel of God, Kindly intercede for me.

Say one Our Fahter
Say one Hail Mary
Say one Glory Be

Glory be to the Father,
Glory Be to the Son,
Glory Be to the Holy Spirit,
Glory Be to the Blessed Trinity,
Glory Be to the Most Holy name of Jesus.
Amen.

Bible, King James Version​

8 matches.​

1. [24] Tahath his son, Uriel his son, Uzziah his son, and Shaul his son.

1. [5] Of the sons of Kohath; Uriel the chief, and his brethren an hundred and twenty:
  2. [11] And David called for Zadok and Abiathar the priests, and for the Levites, for Uriel, Asaiah, and Joel, Shemaiah, and Eliel, and Amminadab,

1. [2] He reigned three years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Michaiah the daughter of Uriel of Gibeah. And there was war between Abijah and Jeroboam.

1. [1] And the angel that was sent unto me, whose name was Uriel, gave me an answer,
  2. [36] And unto these things Uriel the archangel gave them answer, and said, Even when the number of seeds is filled in you: for he hath weighed the world in the balance.

1. [20] And so I fasted seven days, mourning and weeping, like as Uriel the angel commanded me.

1. [28] Where is Uriel the angel, who came unto me at the first? for he hath caused me to fall into many trances, and mine end is turned into corruption, and my prayer to rebuke.

Angel Uriel​

By Mary Jane Chaignot

Categories:

• The angel known as Uriel is not found in the canonical writings.
  • Only three angels are named in Scripture: Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael.
  • Yet, some Jewish writings refer to seven archangels. When they do, Uriel is the fourth.
  • Archangels are thought to range from the lowest of spirits to the highest ranks. All are under the purview of the Holy Spirit.
  • Generally, they are represented as male figures. Lesser angels have been portrayed as female. (This is obviously a cultural bias since no one really thinks angels are gender specific!)
  • These four angels, however, are often referred to as being the angels of the four winds: Uriel (south); Michael (east), Raphael (west), and Gabriel (north).
  • Uriel has also been thought to be a member of the seraphim and cherubim.
  • The name “Uriel” has various meanings: “Light of God” or “fire of God” or “flame of God.” Some even refer to him as “Sun of God.”
  • His name can be divided: U = space; ra = the sun; el = God. Therefore Uriel stands for “Space-Sun-God.”
  • His name has also been associated with Uriah.
  • He has been variously referred to as the “Prince of the Sun,” the “Angel of the Presence,” the “Archangel of Salvation,” and the “Patron of Prophecy.”
  • Isaiah 63:9 mentions an angel of the divine presence. Uriel has also been identified with the face of God. At the very least, it means he can be in the presence of God.
  • Uriel is one of the archangels of post-exilic Rabbinic tradition.
  • Uriel is often referred to as the archangel of the earth, having to do with all things of substance.
  • All that we know about Uriel comes from legends, tales, and angel lore. They present a wide variety of functions throughout Biblical tradition.
  • In one apocryphal book, The Life of Adam and Eve, he is one of the cherubs in the Garden of Eden.
  • Later on, he was the one standing guard at the gates of Eden.
  • He was supposedly one of the angels who buried Adam and Abel. They were buried side by side in the very field where Adam had been formed out of dust.
  • Uriel was the one who offered the last chance of redemption to Cain (who refused him).
  • He was also one of the four who asked for divine intervention on behalf of the fallen watchers who took human wives and created the Nephilim, the half-angel, half-human offspring mentioned in Genesis 6:1-4.
  • According to the Book of Enoch, Uriel is the one who spoke to Noah about the flood. He is also the one with dominion over thunder and terror.
  • He was the one who supposedly led Abraham out of Ur.
  • Another legend names him as the angel that wrestled with Jacob at Peniel.
  • Some think he was the angel sent by God to wreak havoc upon Moses for failing to circumcise his son.
  • Some say it was Uriel who checked the doors for blood during the Passover that last night in Egypt.
  • He was also supposed to be the angel who announced the birth of Samson.
  • Still another places him as the destroyer of the hosts of Sennacherib.
  • Christian apocryphal gospels have him saving John the Baptist during the slaughter of innocents (a different angel told Joseph to take Mary and Jesus and flee to Egypt).
  • Leonardo da Vinci memorialized the reunion between Mary and Elizabeth in Egypt in a painting known as “Virgin of the Rocks."
  • In the Apocalypse of Peter, he is known as the Angel of Repentance. At that time, hell was ruled by fearsome angels. The most noted was Uriel, who was feared by all.
  • He also had no pity on souls that had been lost.
  • In the Sibylline Oracles, he leads men’s souls to judgment.
  • In the Gospel of Barnabas found in the Dead Sea Scrolls, Uriel is one of the four leaders of the War of the Sons of Light and the Sons of Darkness.
  • In this war, the human warriors are given explicit instructions about who should fight where.
  • There were four subdivisions, each represented by an archangel and each warrior has his angel’s name on his shield.
  • Most see Uriel as the mightiest of all the angels.
  • He rules over Tartarus (hell) where the watchers await judgment.
  • Some have called Uriel the “Lord of powerful action.”
  • He is found in various Christian Gnostic writings and referred to by Gregory the Great.
  • He is also found in the Testament of Solomon.
  • In 2 Esdras, he is the angel sent by God to answer Ezra’s questions and to instruct him.
  • He is also thought to be one of the angels that will rule at the end of time.
  • Believers pray to Uriel as the angel of peace and repentance.
  • Others see him as the patron saint of music and poetry. It has been said that this is to compensate for the darker side of humans that he has to deal with.
  • Because he is also the angel that interprets prophecy, he is usually shown holding a flame or fiery sword.
  • On other occasions, he has been represented with a scroll and a book for his wisdom.
  • In 745, the reigning Pope, St. Zachary, tried to clarify the church’s position on angel worship. He condemned any obsession with angels but affirmed the practice. They removed Uriel and many other angels from the list of those that could be venerated. Basically, the only ones left were Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael.
  • Shortly after being stripped of his status of venerated angel, the Church made him Saint Uriel.
  • In the 11th century, however, Uriel was venerated by Bulgarian followers who were dualists.
  • Henry Wadsworth Longfellow names him in The Golden Legend as the angel of Mars.
  • In Milton’s Paradise Lost, Uriel serves as the “eyes of God.”
  • Ralph Waldo Emerson penned a poem after him entitled, “Uriel.” In the poem, he is a young god in Paradise who irritates the other gods.
  • Uriel even shows up in several of Madeleine L’Engle’s books.
  • In Haydn’s oratorio, The Creation, it is Uriel who narrates God’s words in his work of creation: “And God saw the light…that it was good…”
  • His special feast day is July 28th, and it is thought that his greatest influence is felt during the summer.
  • Uriel is known in Hebrew, Kabbalistic, Islamic, and Christian traditions.
  • He is also the patron angel of Jerusalem.

Source:

Will be citing sources and adding information .. before moving on to Metatron and Sandalphon most importantly. Will for the next three months especially, spending time on trying to connect with Ishim,Sandalphon/Metatron, and St/AA Uriel.

Last edited: