• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Angelic astrology question/opinion

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
I was thinking about entities I dont like, such as Ipos, Orobas or Asmodeus, and thought then about their astrological position, and per the astrology reading, what might happen if I revere the angles in their natural yet not current detriment or fall of their sign position.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Woukd it weaken any potential effect they have?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I thought you wrote several times about Ipos, and recently about Asmodeus.
This might not be what you mean but a thing I did for a while was to invoke the Goetic on the days when the moon was in the degree one of the planets was at my birth.
Example: say Jupiter is in the first degree of Aries in your birth chart. Then you invoke Bael when the moon is in the first degrees of Aries to influence Jupiterian affairs in your life.

If I understand you correctly you want to do the opposite though, so banish or counter them when that degree is on the descendant. Could be a good experiment.

Reaction score
Awards
I thought you wrote several times about Ipos, and recently about Asmodeus.
This might not be what you mean but a thing I did for a while was to invoke the Goetic on the days when the moon was in the degree one of the planets was at my birth.
Example: say Jupiter is in the first degree of Aries in your birth chart. Then you invoke Bael when the moon is in the first degrees of Aries to influence Jupiterian affairs in your life.

If I understand you correctly you want to do the opposite though, so banish or counter them when that degree is on the descendant. Could be a good experiment.
Yeah, its exactly that opposite, to use astrology and angels, to banish their influences.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I was thinking about entities I dont like, such as Ipos, Orobas or Asmodeus, and thought then about their astrological position, and per the astrology reading, what might happen if I revere the angles in their natural yet not current detriment or fall of their sign position.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Woukd it weaken any potential effect they have?
"Revere" the angles or "reverse"? I'm not being Spelling Commisar here. It's just that I'm not sure of what the former might mean. Reversing an angle makes sense. I've done something like that, though mostly as a way of dissing on an entity or creed. Whether one gets verifiable results is another question.

Reaction score
Awards
Revere the angels of the signs that are in the demon targets detriment, or fall.
Reversing or declining the demons influence iow.

Reaction score

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here but .. infernal being shouldn't have astrological/celestial correspondences, at least not in the way being of the celestial spheres would. The Earth would be the firmament the fair subjected to unless they would have a different set of influences. Whether or not those signs mirror we perceive I don't don't know, I haven't been banished to hell just yet...

In any case this is one of the reasons why infernal grimoires don't tend to be my favorite. They aren't very consistent. I know the Ars Goetia has a rank system that is sometimes correspondent to the planets which doesn't make any sense unless we are talking about the nature of these beings before they were demonized. The Goetia of Dr. Rudd pairs the 72 with the 62 Angels of the Shem and attributes them to the degrees of the zodiac. However it should be noted that these correspondences to the Zodiac are the Angels and are being forced onto the demons to their submission to the qualities of the angel; forcing a celestial image onto an infernal nature.

Reaction score
Awards
Just as the 72 Shem angels correspond to a planet in the sign and a tarot card in particular, so do the 72 goetia demons. AM and PM.
What I seek is to banish their influence, by perhaps invoking the planet in their detriment or fall.

Reaction score
Just as the 72 Shem angels correspond to a planet in the sign and a tarot card in particular, so do the 72 goetia demons. AM and PM.
What I seek is to banish their influence, by perhaps invoking the planet in their detriment or fall.
Again, the 72 demons don't actually have that correspondence it is being forced upon them by making the 72 Angels starting angels. That could possibly work for the Angels but the demons in and of themselves aren't so aligned to those correspondences. That is again a later adaption in Dr. Rudd's Goetia.

However with entities that do have planetary affinity you are absolutely on the right track. For example if they were a Jupiter spirit you can most certainly use mercury to drive them out or by transmuting the space, banishing them as the material influence is coming in.