• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Any magicians starting their path after their forties ...

WeirdGnome

Apprentice
Reaction score
As I have dabbled with occult in the past I never reached such a good stability in my life to dedicate my focus to the great work. Now kids had grown a bit, got job on my street so I'm not wasting time commuting hours anymore. I'm over 40 right now and I wasted my youth drinking, doing drugs and listening to punk rock 😉 basicaly it was really hard to get any occult books or information back then. The internet made so many things available. It's a blessing and a curse because of what it's becoming.
Post automatically merged:

And as concerning other people I don't care about them and refuse to play in their dramas.

neilwilkes

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm in my mid 50's, and diving in ... Like it seems, many of us that are starting later in life have. So, technically I started at 15. So, it would be interesting to know how many first time checking out occult after 40, vs a deepening of something started decades before.

I did a bunch of other kinda related stuff - reiki, nlp, huna, scientology, landmark, chi Gung, science of mind, Idenics, sedona, 12 steps, Avatar, hypnosis, among others, and still do ... so it's not like totally abanding that stuff either.

I have a lot a lot to learn, though. I think magick for me will be one of a set of tools for dealing with life.

Not sure if I told you what you wanted, feel free to follow up for additional clarification or whatever..

I first started down the path at Grammar School when I was 13, and stayed with it until my mid/late twenties, walking away at 31 when it became apparent that I had to change up my entire life, and start over somewhere else.
I picked up again maybe 5 years ago now in my mid 50's and have not looked back since.
Previous path was the Crowley / A.A. one as I found it the most accessible in my youth, but these days it's much more the 2 Dee systems