• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Any word on the Starry Bull tradition or contemporary Mediterranean mystery schools/initiatory traditions/etc?

uralmaenad

Visitor
Reaction score
I know that Starry Bull disbanded years ago but I’m curious if anyone here has any experiences with it or other mystery and initiatory schools? Imagine the disappointment I felt when I found the SBT, something like what I’ve been seeking for years, only to learn it has long since been disbanded lol! I’m hugely interested in modern groups centred around various Mediterranean traditions, but have a particular lean toward Bacchic/Dionysian expressions because of my years-long devotion to Him. If anyone can give me a hint in a particular direction (if it doesn’t violate secrecy rules ofc), I’d so hugely appreciate it. And if someone would like to share whatever experiences they are able and have a discussion, that would be fantastic! Whether it be the Starry Bull tradition or other modern interpretations of Mithraism, Orphism, mystery cults of various other Mediterranean deities, etc. (Note, I am well aware that contemporary groups are imperfect reconstructions operating on minimal historical information! I do believe that they have a place in polytheism and mysticism of the current day, though)