• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Anyone have no bs info on the use of crystals?

Xx_merlin_xX

Visitor
Reaction score
Crystals are very popular with new agers but can anyone tell me if crystals have actual uses and what those are etc etc, i recently came into owning some through a friend and most of the info i can find doesnt go any deeper then "cleanse them :)) charge them :))))" and is generally unhelpful to me. I know some folk use them in wands to amplify energy and such. Was wondering if any forumites here use them at all?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
First detect if the crystal is looking at you. If not, move on.

Then, most crystals have been traumatized with big hammers smashing the larger clusters. So the next step is to heal the elemental of the crystal. Sending light from the human heart is often sufficient

Then consider if the mineral environment was happy to let the crystal be taken. If not, send heart-light to the elemental of original formation. Sometimes it will release the crystal to the human. The other day the compromise was leaving the stone at the base of a tree chosen by the source elemental

The fellow that "stole" the above stone actually benefited. A tiny elemental in the stone went into his head near the pineal gland and immediately an elongated triangle of light came down and anchored in his head. After that the stone was restored to its elemental owner.

My own experience is that the etheric/nervous system of stones often extends through the galaxy with instantaneous communication. What uses might that enable?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I put stones that volunteer and meet my tests into my tank of reverse osmosis water to add their energies and minerals

8Lou1

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Not all can handle water for cleaning. If i remember well, selenite for example melts in water. I clean them with moonlight.

To me its more a feeling and a check google of the feeling fits.

I use stones for electrosmog, for distracting long distance connections towards a spot in my home. I dont need the whole world in my space, so i created a corner with little things were the connections are. (not an altar) i know some i cant put in my bedroom as the stone wont give you rest, but there are stones who bring dreams etc. I mostly get to know them by sleeping with a stone under my pillow.

Ow and obsidian, oeff if you are on the darker trails it ill get you clean, but its harsh. It took i think a month of wearing it and only seeing and being dark, the stone lost its shine, broke and fell to the ground and the curse was broken. This stone sucks you dry no matter what.

I know people use them for wands and stuff, but its too ceremonial for me so im not able to explain those workings.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Crystals are pretty, and in general their flaws and relationships act as convenient sources of "chaos: imagery and objects arrayed in a way that does not correlate to anything in particular", which can act effectively as a seed for creative processes.

By mixing in colors or elements of the context which can cue the viewer emotionally -- such as learned, arbitrary associations between colors or materials and emotions, and in some respects evolves, visceral reactions to these things but which are no less arbitrarily evolved -- the viewer of the crystal can select a genre of thoughts to apply this source of chaos to.

This chaos is then used as a basis to form new math and understandings in the mind: chaos is useful for pushing the mind into new configurations.

Sometimes, crystals can be useful in other ways, to present various forms of stimulus to the mind, as a distraction while again being useful in their color and material as a cue, a piece of vocabulary that for me with a particular piece of amethyst with some cracks in it makes a good "distraction object".

And indeed focusing on these things can be a good context reminder of letting yourself meditate on specific problems, while also being able to leave that problem behind with the crystal while you are not free to meditate on it.

Notice that none of these very real uses for crystals require one single iota of spiritual connection anywhere but one's own imagination, though clearly one can accept the popular syntax around them and apply them as suggested to have a leg-up on developing the "vocabulary of use" of those crystals.

I would suggest that this is the most useful and sane way to apply crystals in one's practice.

As always, if someone is experiencing a material illness caused by some material configuration within their body (and I see all illness thus), the correct course is to take the material remedy for what aisle: chemo for cancer, not crystals.

Reaction score
Awards
I cleanse mine with light soapy water rinse and air dry. I have a large collection that sit in a box with the eastern sun dawning on them. Moonlight seeps in too. I leave new stones in the sun and moonlight for a week, then carry with me in a juju bag.
Crystal gazing. Scrying. Trapping spirits. Used on wands and staffs. As pentacle. Lots of uses. Pathworkings devoted to certain crystals. Tarot meditations. Correspondences.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Crystals are very popular with new agers but can anyone tell me if crystals have actual uses and what those are etc etc, i recently came into owning some through a friend and most of the info i can find doesnt go any deeper then "cleanse them :)) charge them :))))" and is generally unhelpful to me. I know some folk use them in wands to amplify energy and such. Was wondering if any forumites here use them at all?
I don’t use them or know much about them

what little I do know is that they seem to be found units for certain energies...as are many materials, metals, herbs Etc

a story written by Dion Fortune mentioned a set of rare beans? Anyway the beans and a crystal were put in the vacunity of a certain person

they were programmed to send out a type of signal to a target, the beans had a scent that kinda hypnotized the target, in combination they were giving a signal for the target to commit suicide...which they did

anyway it seems that different materials can be charged and programmed for various uses

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
In my practice crystals serve as either batteries, amplifiers or storage devices. They can generate energy to help a specific working, they can amplify energies already present to assist in a working or they can be used to store energy (spirits and entities included). Special mention that they can be used in divination, spirit evocation and soul travel.

However, they aren't super magical devices like the new age tries to tout. Having a rose quartz in your pocket isn't going to magically draw love to you or heal you, at least not by itself. It should be coupled with other occult or esoteric acts and intentions to have any measurable results. 🧙‍♂️🔮

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
For me, crystals help me to take away headaches and give me energy. I charge them with sunlight and clean them often. There is always one under my pillow when I sleep. They often are gonn for healing. I feel energetic in the morning....you have to read a good book on Crystals to understand them.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah most of the search results you get unfortunately are basically a bunch of new age nonsense. Hold a blank crystal and it will protect you, take away negative feelings, etc… But precious, semi-precious, even “regular” stones have been used in magic as far back as we have written accounts of magic itself.

Many of the medieval grimoires contain information about how they were used (correspondences/scrying/evocations/etc/ect) in fact many of the older manuscripts that have just more recently been translated into modern languages were included inside of, with, or miss labeled in collections as books about stones. I use quartz I dug out of my own property in my practice. My rod is a perfectly sized piece of quartz I found as part of a ritual years ago for instance.

But yeah most google results are useless.

-Eld

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Anyone have no bs info on the use of crystals?
SUBTOPIC:
※→ Xx_merlin_xX, et al,

Out of the 90 Natural Elements known today, 32 different types of crystals can formed.

(COMMENT)

Probably the best known crystal is a diamond. It is used as a decorative orniment as well as an industrial tool.

None of the crystalline structures are known to have any independent magical properties. Not all crystals are rocks Some crystal ions exhibit ferromagnetic properties and then some of the crystals have ions in an antiferromagnetic ordering. Ferrimagnetism is another type of magnetic ordering. One type of ferrimagnetic crystal is
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. And a lesser-known type of crystal is the Ferrite crystals (as in Ferrimagnetic materials). These ferrimagnetic crystals are used (for example) in LO Observable Coatings (like stealth paint) to absorb electromagnetic (EM) strikes and avoid detection. And it is sometimes found in containment research facilities and radiation shielding.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
"None of the crystalline structures are known to have any independent magical properties."

What do you mean by that? Are you expecting magick properties from a crystal? What do you expect from them? What kind of magickal property do you want them to have? They interact with people in subtile ways.

Ever wonder, how quartz crystals come from? How do quartz crystals grow? How are they made of? Crystal's atomical structure is harmoniously formed. As a result of this structure, composition, and physical traits, each crystal has a different spiritual effect. And to add to that wide range of diversity even further, each crystal can have very different spiritual effects on each separate person. Because of their hundred-thousand years of formation, crystals interact very easily with electricity and connect to energy. Quartz crystals have piezoelectric properties; they develop an electric potential upon the application of mechanical stress. An early use of this property of quartz crystals was in phonograph pickups. One of the most common piezoelectric uses of quartz today is as a crystal oscillator. The quartz clock is a familiar device using the mineral. The resonant frequency of a quartz crystal oscillator is changed by mechanically loading it, and this principle is used for very accurate measurements of very small mass changes in the quartz crystal microbalance and in thin-film thickness monitors. One of the most common ways the color of crystals influences their spiritual powers is that of chakra associations. Depending on their color, crystals can work best with one of the seven main chakras. Quartz crystals have so many amazing gifts to give you. You just have to open your heart and soul to their energy. Instead of taking a pill for a headache, you can meditate with a quartz crystal in your hand and the headache will suddenly disappear. Still skeptical about that? Try yourself!