• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Are some colors associated with the occult?

Konstantin

Neophyte
Reaction score
So, I saw on a YouTube video in the comment section. They said some colors are or can be associated with the occult, specially with demons. Example, lust can be associated with pink or red, pride with blue, etc. I just wanted to know if that is true or not.

Reaction score
Awards
Yes. In a demonic context, you might want to check out OAA Flame Discourses by Koetting.
Post automatically merged:

In a tree of life context or planetary context, the colors and meanings are a little different.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
There are the Eight Magics in Peter J. Carroll's "Liber Kaos" and I love the kind of thinking behind his subdivisons according to colour, divorced from the usual planet attributions or traditonal qabalistic correspondences:

It's chaos magic at its best, irreverent and innovative. For example, he says somewhere (can't find the exact quote) that black had become the colour of sex as well and that it didn't stand exclusively for death anymore because hey, black is cool (or at least was in 1992 when the book came out). I just love that kind of out-of-the-box thinking.

It's also culture-dependent, like in certain countries white is a colour of mourning. Also, there's thousands shades of colour to choose from. Colours are not magical in themselves; so for example, blue is usually associated with wealth because of the Jupiter association but authors have also suggested green, as in 'greenback'. Any colour correspondence has to make sense to YOU personally. Sex for me is a deep, almost black purple tinged with dark red. Pink is for Barbies in my mind, so the idea of conducting a ritual with pink candles is just ludicrous for me.