• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Recommendation Are there any new texts on Alchemy being made?

Seeking or giving recommendations for books.

M.M.

Neophyte
Reaction score
And I mean new, wholly original texts made in the modern era from the experiences of a practitioner.

All of the texts that I've found that exist like this are from the old Alchemists. That's not a complaint, but an observation, and I want to know if any modern texts exist or if I'm correct in my assumption that nothing new has been written and released.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Of course there are. Would they be more reliable than the ancients tho?
Certainly they will have chewed up the reading material and brought it back up
for easier consumption and understanding.
However if you're out on a hunt for Alchemy i would suggest you look up the yt channel Esoterica
i don't follow it anymore but i have seen a bunch of their work and they are obviously very well versed in Alchemy.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

M.M.

Neophyte
Reaction score
Of course there are. Would they be more reliable than the ancients tho?
Certainly they will have chewed up the reading material and brought it back up
for easier consumption and understanding.
However if you're out on a hunt for Alchemy i would suggest you look up the yt channel Esoterica
i don't follow it anymore but i have seen a bunch of their work and they are obviously very well versed in Alchemy.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I already follow Esoterica, a great channel honestly.

But of course, I wanted to know if anyone had made any texts of personal observations like the ancients did. Copy and pasting older texts to make the complete body of your own work is still valuable for entry level learning I believe. Personal observations from practice in a sort of Grimoire fashion would make a great read from a modern perspective, even if maybe just supplementary material.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
ooooooooh you mean you want book suggestions.
I'll leave that one to the professionals.
Yeah i agree with everything you said. Its much easier to grasp concepts from contemporary authors
it's certainly valuable for above entry level as well. You just need the feedback or the Book Cover kung fu to seperate
the wisdom from the bs.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
ooooooooh you mean you want book suggestions.
I'll leave that one to the professionals.
Yeah i agree with everything you said. Its much easier to grasp concepts from contemporary authors
it's certainly valuable for above entry level as well. You just need the feedback or the Book Cover kung fu to seperate
the wisdom from the bs.
And then one gets some mage like Austin Osman Spare who frequently lapse from English into no known language.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
in this day and age, at the beginning of the Internet, the human species is mostly interested in visuals. the most simplest form would be meme magick. we here on wf are creating a communal grimoire where our awards have hidden meaning. the teachings are found hidden on this website and one can find them by reading, thinking, researching keywords and asking around. we love it when one puts ones own knowhow in it too, so our grimoire can grow and come to live, so the first steps are personal with personal meanings. when thats routed one can start to merge and read the book of wf.
Post automatically merged:

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not a practitioner of alchemy, but Jean Dubuis wrote a set of practical lessons on alchemy in a book called Spagyrics. You should be able to find his books in the library. Reading the book unveiled enough of the mystery to me that I knew I could practice alchemy if my living situation allowed space for a small laboratory.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have Real Alchemy by Robert Allen Bartlett, published in 2009, which I found to be good for getting started in plant spagyrics and metal alchemy. I don't know if it is the WF library or not. Bartlett gives nice visual theoretical models of how Sulphur-Salt-Mercury and Celestial Niter operate in cycles you can manipulate via Solve et Coagula. It does give citations from more ancient alchemical texts, but seems to rely heavily on the Kybalion as a basis of thought. My feeling after listening to Sledge's lectures on the evolution of alchemy is that Bartlett's methods are very modern and probably much safer - but there are still hazmat and fire control concerns, so caution is needed.
As to personal observations, he does give some anecdotes mixed with his perspective on the philosophy.
My feeling is that the center of gravity for modern alchemy as I understand it is Frater Albertus (whom Bartlett cites), but I have only snippets of his work. Still, many have recommended him to me in the past, but I have not yet found anything comprehensive from that author yet. On my research list.